#261 MetaWhirledPeas

MetaWhirledPeas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 04 August 2015 - 03:57 AM

After having no luck at all with Crystal Pines, I finally had a magic round.

Crystal Pines: 65

I had a double bogey on 6, but followed it with three birdies. On hole 18 I finally cut the corner correctly (I try every time and usually fail) and ended up with a 334 yd drive followed by a close eagle attempt and ultimately a birdie.

#262 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 04 August 2015 - 08:09 PM

Replayed Mass.  and beat old score by 5.  33-36=69  -3  BLI NPS MS Med 10 Stimp Calm.

Fairways 50%

Greens   61%

27 Putts

Ave Drive.  282

Felt a little more comfortable and let the driver out a little and picked up some distance which helps there and still kept it on or near the fairway.  Played with another Pro G and two Max G and the two pro's had quite a match.  The other Pro eagled the 18th to finish at 70 -2 but Blue Pro birdied the hole to shoot his 69 -3.  Great playing the way I have been with the two Max guys also battling it out and will keep up with this format till we start tournaments online which I have a feeling will be sooner than later.

#263 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 05 August 2015 - 01:47 AM

Replayed

TCP Boston - calm, normal, 10 stimp.

(-6) 66 - birdies at 1, 2, 7, 13, 14, and 18;  bogies, none .

FIR=57     GIR=56     pph=1.22 (24 total)

Highlights - approach on #13 to 34 in; #18 need birdie, so driver / driver to the green side bunker. Splash to 10 ft, and make the putt.

Should reduce my overall total by 2.  MWP - you're making me work too hard to keep up, man!

#264 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts
  • LocationWest End, Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Posted 05 August 2015 - 02:00 AM

OK guys.....

FPC#1 will finish in 46 hours from                              NOW!!

Don't count me out just yet.

#265 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 05 August 2015 - 02:05 AM

Teddy!

Three way battle would be great- four way if Kairoe drops a few 'low" ones.

#266 MetaWhirledPeas

MetaWhirledPeas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 05 August 2015 - 03:07 AM

JMK, Ted, way to bring the heat!

#267 MetaWhirledPeas

MetaWhirledPeas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 05 August 2015 - 04:59 AM

Massachusetts: 68

I was hitting laser beams on the back nine, but I missed about 6 birdie putts by a hair! So frustrating :)

#268 MetaWhirledPeas

MetaWhirledPeas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 05 August 2015 - 06:02 AM

Florida Glades: 66

I don't think that's enough to move my score, but I'll take it!

#269 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 06:55 AM

Your score remains unmoved and neither am I. I feel my game is coming together at the right time. I'm striking the ball well. I've sacked my incompetent, large caddy. I've found my outrageously colourful pants. The conditions suit my game. I have been studying pro golfer cliches and the sky's the limit.

#270 Reynhardt_p2

Reynhardt_p2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 09:32 AM

Hidden Canyons: -5 (67)  MS, BLI, 64% FIR, 1.34 PPG.

Really played well but a bogey on 16 stopped my momentum and I couldn't cash in on birdie opportunities on 17 and 18.

#271 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 09:54 AM

Updated.  

#272 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 05 August 2015 - 10:48 AM

Well I have been sitting back and watching this and loving it and if this is any indication as to how this game will play we got a real winner here.  Thru all the rounds that have been played and we have had three scores of 65 and that is the lowest and I say that is what a scoreboard should look like tho we might not see those scores for a while very soon.  In the next update they have hinted at a tougher rough and that right there will change how we play the game and with the sand also probably getting a fix add another.  This is what most of us asked for and to see this scoreboard and how it looks is a testament to the Dev team for what they have built.  Yes soon we will see the really great designers build course that will be a bear to play and Par will be a good score and also we have not even talked about the firmness of the greens which is coming.  But again to look at all the rounds that have been played and to set it up any way you want and still only -19 is the lead is something to behold.  For me its back to the Black Swan and I will conquer this beast before the hour glass runs out and if not my trusty caddy Leonard and I will stop off and have a cold one at the 19th hole.

• Ted_Ball likes this

#273 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 11:03 AM

Yep G, very encouraging developments at PG. This is a real test and gaming heaven let alone sim golf heaven. It makes you eager to hit the course day after day. Just had a 2 under at The Heath with three putts coming up an inch short. Actually had a birdie chance from the fringe at 18 to pick up a stroke. It means that I know I can score low there and challenge for this non-existent prize of an imaginary puce jacket.

This game is amazing. I found I had developed a minor slice during that round so not only am I under pressure to score well I have to deal with an errant swing as well. Never mind. Out I go again. I've sacked my useless caddy - well actually he threw my clubs on the ground and walked off mid round after sustained abuse from me - but I've managed to pick up Robert Allenby's discard.

#274 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 11:54 AM

Another 70 at The Heath. Another birdie putt at 18 to better my score but it was a tough curler from 16 feet which missed. Had nine pars on the back. My wife sits there watching Midsummer Murders listening to a bloke swearing at the top of his voice in a whisper. I'm sure she was rolling her eyes. Rightio...a shave and a haircut and a Walter White attitude and out I go again.

#275 Reynhardt_p2

Reynhardt_p2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 11:55 AM

Crystal Pines: -4 (67) MS, BLI, 57% FH, 1.50 PPH. There are a few things I've seen lately that I would like to be fine tuned in the future.

1) Chipping, I feel, is still not what it should be. Sometimes it feels like there is too much bite.....stops dead on a down slope.

2) Too much roll out on 3/4 wedge shots. 

3) Too many occasions where the ball just rolls over the cup.

4) Too little roll out on bunker shots.

These are small things obviously and I'm sure not everyone shares my views, but just thought I should mention it.

#276 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 11:59 AM

I'm inclined to agree with you Reynhardt. Chipping is an annoyance for me.

I'll edit this post and say that I'm probably not taking the spin (or lack of) into account. The most aggravating thing though is not hitting chips straight enough but that is simply not taking enough care with the tempo. My fault entirely.

#277 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 12:46 PM

Hoo- bloody- ray

Well I finally shot THE round at The Heath. 34 on the front then birdies on 10, 14, 16, 17 and 18 for a 31 on the back for my 65. Luck played it's part but hitting the ball straight was the key. It took about four rounds to get my swing back after a lay off of a week. Putts dropped towards the end of the round and when they do the scores tumble.

It's going to be a big day tomorrow.

#278 MetaWhirledPeas

MetaWhirledPeas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 05 August 2015 - 04:11 PM

Ted, great round at Willow Heath. I think that haircut streamlined your swing!

#279 AlanR54NC

AlanR54NC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina, USA

Posted 05 August 2015 - 04:58 PM

Getting closer.....ShadowLands 74 (+2). 3Click and BLI

Very pleased. Played the back 9 at -3. First round with any side under par

Lucky birdie  putt on 18 that just hung on and dropped in

Intel Core2 Duo E6750

4GB Ram

Win 7 64 bit

ATI  Radeon 5700

#280 MetaWhirledPeas

MetaWhirledPeas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 05 August 2015 - 09:45 PM

I'm inclined to agree with you Reynhardt. Chipping is an annoyance for me.

I'll edit this post and say that I'm probably not taking the spin (or lack of) into account. The most aggravating thing though is not hitting chips straight enough but that is simply not taking enough care with the tempo. My fault entirely.

I haven't quite mastered how lie angle affects the chip, too. Sometimes the lie angle is hard to see. Chipping overall is just hard. There are times when it bites and stops way short on a downhill slope, and there are other times when it rolls uphill far past the hole. Drives me nuts sometimes, haha. I do assume it is consistent though, and can ultimately be figured out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users