#21 clint

clint

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 July 2015 - 06:00 PM

Medinah is a beauty. New animations are great.

Better ball physiks would be great

#22 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 07:01 PM

Whilst I'm happy with any new course, and I accept that there are many north American users of PG but I would really appreciate a rest of the world, European tour or British course at some stage.
  • Charles and DoGgs like this
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#23 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 13 July 2015 - 07:05 PM

Whilst I'm happy with any new course, and I appreciate that there are many north American users of PG but I would really appreciate a rest of the world, European tour or British course at some stage.

Fair enough and a good point.  Although they aren't my personal favorite style of course to play I do agree that more representation of those courses is essential for the game.

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#24 Stoney

Stoney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 08:19 PM

Would of loved to have seen The Old course done with the Open being there this week. ;)

• Briso likes this

#25 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 13 July 2015 - 09:06 PM

Fair enough and a good point.  Although they aren't my personal favorite style of course to play I do agree that more representation of those courses is essential for the game.

I'm not sure I understand this comment at all. There is literally every style of course to be found outside the USA.  :huh:

• RobV likes this
life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#26 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 13 July 2015 - 10:20 PM

I'm not sure I understand this comment at all. There is literally every style of course to be found outside the USA.  :huh:

OK - you're right.  I was caught over-generalizing that all courses on the British Tour are links style courses.

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#27 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 13 July 2015 - 11:47 PM

OK - you're right.  I was caught over-generalizing that all courses on the British Tour are links style courses.

I think The Open Championship gives non UK golfers a very distorted view of what golf courses are like in the UK. Probably about 10% of courses are links type. The vast majority are parkland type courses.  ;)

Also, don't forget about Europe, Australia, Asia, and the rest of the world too. There are great courses throughout the world.  B)

• Charles and IanK like this

#28 Jimbo63

Jimbo63

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • LocationManchester, England

Posted 14 July 2015 - 12:23 AM

Lez will you be doing any courses in Course Forge?

#29 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 12:33 AM

PP Facebook page has a picture of the new course (Chicago Oaks G.C. aka Medinah).  Great track, looking forward to trying it out.  Always love playing it on TW08.

11742668_842775735804499_293438986064543

Above pic was the course in progress in the u4 version, below is the u5 version which will be released soon.

rvaema.jpg

• Ansley, Volker and androooo like this

#30 KenR

KenR

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 12:40 AM

Beautiful...
Ken

#31 Fairwayman

Fairwayman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationGlendale Super Bowl Arizona ...live 2mi. from stadium

Posted 14 July 2015 - 01:11 AM

Bitchin

750 W Corsair pwr supply ⛳️ Octacore AMD FX9590cpu with 110i GT cooler @ 5.0 ⛳️ ASUS Strix 1080 vid card ⛳️ 16 gig 1866 DDR3 ⛳️ Samsung 840 HD-SSD ⛳️ Dell 22in 1080p AND 40in and 65 in Samsung Monitor 4k HDMI-to HDMI on card ⛳️ Win 10 pro 64 bit ⛳️ MSwing Pro and Tour Pro

USAF 21 yrs E-8 AMMO Superintendent, retired 2002 https://drive.google...QVRFdUFuOE94OEk

#32 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 14 July 2015 - 01:12 AM

Bitchin

and Nice too!! :D

Richard

Posted Image

#33 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 01:14 AM

@Mike:  So can the water receive shadows cast by objects, shoreline, etc in U5?

(I do see the shadow below the bridge, but my eyes are looking all over the scene and it feels like there are other areas where there should be some change in the water brightness close to shorelines that would likely be shading the water a touch and some areas where it also seems there should be reflections of the walls/terrain where the water is meeting up - hard to read from this angle is why I ask)

Is some of this about performance hit and the settings for it might make its way into a "water quality" slider at some point perhaps?

#34 nightowl

nightowl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 01:32 AM

Buck, it also looks as if the sun is on opposite sides in the two photos.

#35 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 01:36 AM

Buck, it also looks as if the sun is on opposite sides in the two photos.

Yeah, that's why I mentioned it's hard at this angle (like it would be interesting to see what's happening on the back side of that bridge), but there are still shorelines that appear as though they should be casting some shadowing to adjacent water and perhaps those trees to the left of the bridge on the far side of the water (and some reflections spots as well).

U5 definitely is nicer than U4 no matter what though!....always nice to have a reminder of that!  :-)

#36 Guest_deena_golf_*

Guest_deena_golf_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2015 - 02:58 AM

PP Facebook page has a picture of the new course (Chicago Oaks G.C. aka Medinah).  Great track, looking forward to trying it out.  Always love playing it on TW08.

11742668_842775735804499_293438986064543

Thx for this jewel of information - I will know where to reference the map from on google earth  :D

now is it course number 1, 2 or 3 ??

#37 Volker

Volker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationSehnde, Germany

Posted 14 July 2015 - 03:14 AM

Great news. Medinah!

#38 jimbob59

jimbob59

Advanced Member

• Team Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationNewcastle, England

Posted 14 July 2015 - 06:57 AM

Gota be Medinah Course No3 Deeena .   Thats the one where the 3 bridges are 

The green between the 2nd 2 bridges should be Hole 12

Jim

#39 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 14 July 2015 - 07:15 AM

Lez will you be doing any courses in Course Forge?

I guess it will depend on how much I enjoy Perfect Golf.
I still haven't bought the game as it has no controller support, and I really don't want to go back to playing golf with a mouse. Controller play is the reason I finally switched from Links 2003 to TGC. My PC is linked through my 47" TV, and it is so much easier to relax this way, on my recliner, playing golf with my feet up!! I also absolutely love the simplicity of designing courses with TGC and a controller too - I doubt that I would want to go back now to all the problems associated with a more complex designer (with my current mental problems, I'm not sure my head could take it anyway).
However, if Perfect Golf turns out to be my 'go to' golf game in the future, I am sure the Course Forge will also become a temptation that I will be unable to resist!  :)

• RobV likes this

#40 Jimmy

Jimmy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationUK, Cheshire

Posted 14 July 2015 - 07:23 AM

Looking at these pics and although the u5 one is better in many ways, i cant help but remember how much i liked the trees in u4 better sometimes than the speedtree versions. Another course it really shows on for me is crystal pines. I think i prefered the u4 version. Dont get me wrong i really like it now but the trees in u4 sometimes looked more defined and less clumpy/blotchy. Just my opinion guys but does anyone else see what im saying?.

really looking forward to this lovely course anyways. Great work PP.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users