Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 14 July 2015 - 12:48 PM

CHICAGO OAKS CC:

Here's some in game images of the new upcoming course. It's a beautiful course. Tough due to the narrow fairways.

28gqtqx.jpg

so5mk0.jpg

9kyom0.jpg

ev851g.jpg

szbuwx.jpg

2n68ygz.jpg

• Jimbo63, ✠ davef ✠, Greensboronclion and 2 others like this
Richard

Posted Image

#42 catflap

catflap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 14 July 2015 - 01:05 PM

That looks lovely. Looking forward to seeing more of those bridges.

#43 nightowl

nightowl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 03:12 PM

I think it's fine to debate the merits of an argument.  But personal attacks really should not be tolerated.

#44 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 03:23 PM

As far as I see it Buck is only mentioning things now that people will point at in a few months down the line. He says things as he sees them, which is to be welcomed isn't it? The water reflections and shadows do look strange at times but there might be a very good reason why.
  • axe360 and highfade like this
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#45 Mailman

Mailman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • LocationCounty Durham, UK

Posted 14 July 2015 - 03:47 PM

Much as I appreciate all the visual improvements (and they are impressive) the one thing that will have me starting to take serious interest in PG will be the linkage (or whatever the jargon is) between the MS swing and the ani.   Whenever I play the odd hole it (the MS swing) just feels odd without this real-time connection.  Just seems that this is being relegated to updates sometime in the future rather than being near the top of the 'to do' list.  

• Stephen Sullivan, Ron Piskorik and Charles like this

Intel i5 4690K (OC to 4.4GHz), Arctic i32 CPU cooler, 16GB DDR3 RAM @2400MHz, Nvidia Inno 3D iChill 1060 (6GB)

#46 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 14 July 2015 - 03:57 PM

Much as I appreciate all the visual improvements (and they are impressive) the one thing that will have me starting to take serious interest in PG will be the linkage (or whatever the jargon is) between the MS swing and the ani.   Whenever I play the odd hole it (the MS swing) just feels odd without this real-time connection.  Just seems that this is being relegated to updates sometime in the future rather than being near the top of the 'to do' list.  

I think it will be nice once they link the swing to the animation but to be honest... it's not THAT big of a deal for me.  I do agree that it will make the game more immersive and I think it HAS to happen but it's not killing the game for me without it.  But either way - they've said it's coming so... it's coming.

• Greensboronclion likes this

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#47 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 14 July 2015 - 03:58 PM

As far as I see it Buck is only mentioning things now that people will point at in a few months down the line. He says things as he sees them, which is to be welcomed isn't it? The water reflections and shadows do look strange at times but there might be a very good reason why.

I agree.  No issue with someone wanting to push for as much improvement as possible.  If it's a performance issue then just make it a graphical option so people can turn it on or off.

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#48 Stephen Sullivan

Stephen Sullivan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • LocationWorksop, Nottinghamshire

Posted 14 July 2015 - 04:30 PM

It's the main reason I am not playing PG. I can find no setting in the game that will allow me to get any sort of swing. I am not prepared to alter mouse settings as my Links Powerstroke swing is dependent on the settings as they are. I too feel it should be a priority update, but I am more than happy to keep playing Links.

• Charles likes this
Posted Image

#49 scrambler

scrambler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationCarson City, NV

Posted 14 July 2015 - 04:43 PM

I'm also a Links PS user and I hope PG has a swing like it in the future. I didn't like the PS when it came out but after some practice it became the reason I stayed with Links for all these years.

#50 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 14 July 2015 - 04:54 PM

So... I haven't played Links since the days of it only having a 3C interface.  How is the PS different from PG's motion swing?

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#51 Mailman

Mailman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • LocationCounty Durham, UK

Posted 14 July 2015 - 05:07 PM

So... I haven't played Links since the days of it only having a 3C interface.  How is the PS different from PG's motion swing?

Way way different - you need to experience both Links RTS and  Links PS modes to appreciate how they 'feel'.

Intel i5 4690K (OC to 4.4GHz), Arctic i32 CPU cooler, 16GB DDR3 RAM @2400MHz, Nvidia Inno 3D iChill 1060 (6GB)

#52 JoeF

JoeF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts
  • LocationBrighton, Ontario, Canada

Posted 14 July 2015 - 05:19 PM

I'm also a Links PS user and I hope PG has a swing like it in the future. I didn't like the PS when it came out but after some practice it became the reason I stayed with Links for all these years.

There is a horizontal mouse swing in the game already.  :)

Intel i5-4570 cpu @ 3.2 GHz, ASUS Z74-K mb, ASUS GeForce GTX 960 gpu, 16 GB ram, 2 x SSD drives, Windows 10 64 bit

Steam name: sound_flier

#53 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 05:34 PM

Well, considering the new animations are on the list Andrew posted, then hopefully it will also have the tie in with the MS. 

Here is a list of some of the things we are working on

1) Fixing the disconnect issues

2) Moving the swing meter

3) Challenge Mode - Leaderboard based games 

4) Another new course

5) Tournaments

6) All new animations

7) All new cup physics

#54 slouis

slouis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 14 July 2015 - 05:35 PM

The new course looks great but I hope that it plays better on my machine then Hidden Canyon.  Even on low graphics setting where it just doesn't look very good it stutters although some holes are worse than others.  I have had no issues with any of the other courses where I have the graphics setting at high.

My system specs are:

Windows 7

3.2 GHZ i-5 - 4570 CPU

8 GIG RAM - 64 Bit Operating System

HIS Radeon 1 GIG HD 6870 video card

Maybe I need a faster video card?  If so, I have seen posts about Nvidia grass and wonder if I should be upgrading to a Nvidia card?

I hope the animation update includes different postures for the golfer avatar.  The current animation looks weird when the ball is above or below it's feet.

The volume of the sound varies quite a bit from course to course.  Black Swan is much louder than the other courses except for Hidden Canyon which is the second loudest.  Some consistency would be nice.

The ball on the green when putting is too large and looks like a billiard ball.  Tiger Woods 08 is the same.  I suppose it is easier to see but it would look much more realistic if the ball size  is reduced.

Finally, I hope that in a future update, there will be the option to save replays.

RTSM - Pro

#55 Stephen Sullivan

Stephen Sullivan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 05:50 PM

There is a horizontal mouse swing in the game already.  :)

Yes but some of us cannot get it to work for us without it impacting elsewhere. That isn't how it should be.

Posted Image

#56 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 14 July 2015 - 05:55 PM

The new course looks great but I hope that it plays better on my machine then Hidden Canyon.  Even on low graphics setting where it just doesn't look very good it stutters although some holes are worse than others.  I have had no issues with any of the other courses where I have the graphics setting at high.

My system specs are:

Windows 7

3.2 GHZ i-5 - 4570 CPU

8 GIG RAM - 64 Bit Operating System

HIS Radeon 1 GIG HD 6870 video card

Maybe I need a faster video card?  If so, I have seen posts about Nvidia grass and wonder if I should be upgrading to a Nvidia card?

I hope the animation update includes different postures for the golfer avatar.  The current animation looks weird when the ball is above or below it's feet.

The volume of the sound varies quite a bit from course to course.  Black Swan is much louder than the other courses except for Hidden Canyon which is the second loudest.  Some consistency would be nice.

The ball on the green when putting is too large and looks like a billiard ball.  Tiger Woods 08 is the same.  I suppose it is easier to see but it would look much more realistic if the ball size  is reduced.

Finally, I hope that in a future update, there will be the option to save replays.

I think your video card is probably the culprit.  I have a very similar system as you but with a GTX 970 and I can play every course on max settings without issue.  Some holes on Sawgrass slow down to ~35fps but I usually stay in the upper 50's...

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#57 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 14 July 2015 - 05:56 PM

Yes but some of us cannot get it to work for us without it impacting elsewhere. That isn't how it should be.

What do you mean exactly?  I use it without issue.  Prefer it to vertical MS by a long shot.

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#58 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 06:04 PM

Have you tried it recently? I just couldn't get on with the mouse swing when it was first released but now, after improvements, I think it's very good without the need for any changes to my setup.
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#59 Stephen Sullivan

Stephen Sullivan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 07:11 PM

I have tried it for a while over the weekend, but altering the setting in the games seems to make little or no difference.

Posted Image

#60 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 14 July 2015 - 07:17 PM

I have tried it for a while over the weekend, but altering the setting in the games seems to make little or no difference.

What issue are you having with motion swing exactly?

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users