#81 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:51 PM

You'll have some corgis chasing after you if you are not careful! Ma'am is not amused

I want to know when and where he saw the Queen's a**e in such close proximity, lol.

:D :D :D

• Brucey Mc likes this

#82 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 09:46 PM

1999 - she mooned Australia after an unsuccessful referendum to leave her monarchy.

#83 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 02:19 PM

Meanwhile, back at the homestead, our daily cliff pic. I suddenly felt like planting an Obelisk up there… It also doubles as a lookout platfrom for players walking over from the 13th green (269yds, par 3) to the 14th tee (534yds, par 5).

Too weird? Sure hope so.

Obelisk_zps7beff4a4.jpg

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#84 olazaboll

olazaboll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 03:19 PM

Very nice pic .... I especially like the Obelisk ... since PG seems to be a free mode kind of game , I can stop by and slaughter a lamb or two on my way to the green. Thats how we like to play it in Sweden ....  :D  :D

Danke Schön Mein Herr !!!

#85 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 03:58 PM

Good idea, Ola. You will be able to buy incense sticks at the clubhouse - which will be made to look like an ancient temple. There you also will find a large selection of votive shrunken heads, sacrificial BBQ knifes and little statues of me. For larger ceremonies, there will be a rent-service for you to book spinning dervishes, lunatic shamans, somber druids and freakish monk guys who go "Oooohm…". Not sure yet if we also should rent out virgins...

Obelisk2_zpsf524f5a8.jpg

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

<<<<<

#86 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 15 January 2014 - 08:01 PM

Very nice pic .... I especially like the Obelisk ... since PG seems to be a free mode kind of game , I can stop by and slaughter a lamb or two on my way to the green. Thats how we like to play it in Sweden ....  :D  :D

Danke Schön Mein Herr !!!

In Wales they may have other ideas for the lamb's, lol

:D :D :D :D :D

Because in Wales as everyone knows, the men are men and the sheep are nervous.

#87 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:16 AM

Not to forget the rain shelters. Every golf course needs them...

Having developped a modestly performant rockface workflow/formula, I will now start focussing on other aspects of the course (I'm also a bit afraid that my existing textures will be overwritten by the CourseForge default textures, every terrain I saw from PP is covered with their default rough texture, so that I'm not sure if it's smart to invest more time into my own textures).

So now I'm going to start adding additional terrains around my plot, low res-jobs of 257x257, to create a landscape horizon around it.

RainShelter_zps987b280d.jpg

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

<<<<<

#88 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:42 PM

F'kin hell K11.

Rain shelters, lol. They look more like classic Greek architecture, lol.

The rain shelters we get round my neck of the woods are poxy little corrigated iron affairs big enough for about 3 people and with a hole in the roofing where the rain comes through, lol.

:D

#89 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 07:17 AM

I just felt Ola needed a nice and cozy dry space for himself and his Swedish friends to eat their lambs in whenever it rains. Have you ever eaten soggy grilled lamb? It sure tastes weird - and not in a good sense. 

I'm going to refine both the shelters and the obelisk anyway. I suddenly don't like that stone brick texture any more. Also, I need my bump maps to be much more precise and the geneal design still looks too clunky imo. So, a few more iterations are in order, but I think I can dismiss right away the idea of tawdry little shacks with rusty corrugated roofs. Not at Angel Falls, a golfers paradise.

Wavy screen distortion, slow fade - passage of time.

Two days have past since I wrote the stuff above. New and improved obelisk:

Obelisk20-A_zps070a1852.jpgObelisk20-B_zps577abef9.jpg

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

<<<<<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users