47 replies to this topic

#1 jdeedler

jdeedler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 02:01 AM

Hey, I am looking into buying this game and will be reading about it.  Right now there are two on Steam to think about.

This one has 3 click which I think is the only way to play fairly. I also like to make courses.

I will ask other questions regarding gameplay and features after I study a bit.

Thanks, Jim

Corsair 750D case / Windows 10 64 bit / Intel i7 4790k w/HT Devil's Canyon  4.0 ghz ( over clock to 4.8 ghz. 4.4 cache )

Gigabyte Gaming 7 Board Z97X / 8 GB HyperX Savage 1866 DDR3 / Asus 460 GTX 1GB  ( 4GB total with 3GB shared )

240 Gig HyperX Savage SSD / 750 watt Antec PSU / 1 TB WD HHD  / Water cooled with Phobya LT 400 kit

Attached Thumbnails
  • post-4292-0-08760700-1443733851_thumb.jp
  •  

#2 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 06:38 AM

You'll find many here, eager to help in whatever aspect you ask a question of.... we hope you naturally come along for a round or more with us..

#3 3199E5kennetharry

3199E5kennetharry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 06:44 AM

It's no contest this is the best.

Processor: Intel Core i5-7400 Kaby Lake CPU, 4 Cores, 3.0 - 3.5GHz

CPU Cooler: Intel Stock CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus PRIME B250M-A Motherboard

Memory: 16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory (2 x 8GB Sticks)

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Graphics Card

OS Drive: 250GB SK hynix SL301 Solid State Drive

Storage Drive: Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Hard Disk

Power Supply: Aerocool 80 PLUS 600W PSU

Sound Card: Onboard High Definition Audio

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

#4 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 07:03 AM

Have you not been anywhere in the world lol.... first, as they walk past the place you want them inside, you have to offer them something without them knowing you are... you can't say 'its no contest, this is best' as it comes across as a hard sale. You need the approach where you have to keep them thinking they are in control... get them to first stop, and check the product out. Then, peak their interest with what else may be inside... open the door slightly to reveal something tempting... and then create a need for the temptation. Justify it....

Simmer for 5 mins, then serve.... ;)

#5 jdeedler

jdeedler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 07:24 AM

I may buy this game, almost did, but now I am going to study a bit more into what's going on around here. ;)

Here is a question....If I log into this game right now how many rounds are available to play with other players?

Have a good night! o/

Corsair 750D case / Windows 10 64 bit / Intel i7 4790k w/HT Devil's Canyon  4.0 ghz ( over clock to 4.8 ghz. 4.4 cache )

Gigabyte Gaming 7 Board Z97X / 8 GB HyperX Savage 1866 DDR3 / Asus 460 GTX 1GB  ( 4GB total with 3GB shared )

240 Gig HyperX Savage SSD / 750 watt Antec PSU / 1 TB WD HHD  / Water cooled with Phobya LT 400 kit

Attached Thumbnails
  •  

#6 jimbob59

jimbob59

Advanced Member

• Team Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationNewcastle, England

Posted 01 October 2015 - 07:36 AM

OK JD 

If you could tell us what your looking for in a golf game then it would be easier to   point you in the right direction.

I choose this game over the others simply because  this had more  items of what I was wanting in a golf game. Not because there was anything wrong with  the other ones.     That might not be the case for you.  As you will appreciate we are all different in our wants.

The main reason  for me to go for Perfect Golf  was because it had a lobby ( I only play online against live players , not fussed about tournaments or playing alone).  Also it had a  good range of game types online, eg matchplay, Alt shot,Stableford, 4 ball  amongst others.

As I say it depends on your priorities,  Only you can make  a choice

#7 theclubpro

theclubpro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 01 October 2015 - 08:00 AM

Maybe they need to put a 3 hole demo course on steam for people to try out .

#8 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 08:21 AM

Numerous and infinite is the real answer.

Once you install and start the game, you will be immersed into the Front Screen, which has the whole right hand side of the page displaying who is online. So, provided they all want a game, you have unlimited opponents, and a great way of meeting now online golf friends. The banter is there for you to watch and join too. You can of course create your own little online room for others to pop in, or lock it for regular meets.

On the left side of the screen, are the game menus. The Courses to choose, the Mode of Play that suits you, and the various aids you want to see included within your game.

Remember though, this is an Early Access release for the price you see. It is NOT the finished product. Therefore for this price, you are entitled to the finished product when it is released. In my opinion, you can't lose... you'll get more by paying less now.

As for the game... if you enjoy 3 clicking, then you will have no issues whatsoever. It flows...

Do please check your system vs the requirements. This is something ongoing, because the guys are tweaking it all the time and it keeps getting better. If you wish to post your specs, we can help pinpoint any issues that may arise. Add to all this, our knowledge of what you may face... you really should stay a while...

#9 jdeedler

jdeedler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 02:45 PM

OK JD 

If you could tell us what your looking for in a golf game then it would be easier to   point you in the right direction.

I choose this game over the others simply because  this had more  items of what I was wanting in a golf game. Not because there was anything wrong with  the other ones.     That might not be the case for you.  As you will appreciate we are all different in our wants.

The main reason  for me to go for Perfect Golf  was because it had a lobby ( I only play online against live players , not fussed about tournaments or playing alone).  Also it had a  good range of game types online, eg matchplay, Alt shot,Stableford, 4 ball  amongst others.

As I say it depends on your priorities,  Only you can make  a choice

I have been playing Golf games since Intellivision Golf(1980), Atari Golf, Leaderboard (1986), Mean 18(1990), etc and have watched them evolve over the Last 30+ years.  My favorites would be Jack Nicklaus 4/5 & TW06w/course creator ( which i still have ). I stopped around TW06 and have not found another game I liked that had a Course Creator.

Compatible with Windows 10 64 bit.

The swinging/animation of the the club and reaction of the ball whether Driving, Chipping, Putting, etc..

Real ball physics is a must not instant hole in ones, strange bouncing, etc....

A full array of shots Fade, Draw, Punch, Stinger, Chip, Pitch, etc with any club I want would be nice. Being able to control tee height, ball placement in stance, controlled club face contact with ball high, low, left, right... 

Atmosphere would be the next thing I need to feel like I am on the course trees moving in the wind, realistic weather, overall graphics, sound, etc..

Full character customization meaning face, body, hair, clothes, shoes, clubs, balls, skills ,etc...

Reliable Servers to play on would be good as well with game rooms, settings, stats, records, decent UI, etc..

Full Course editor and creator that's simple to use.

The ability to practice offline Driving and Putting would be a plus.

And of course being able to choose complete gameplay settings for match play

I am sure I can come up with more just sitting here, but those are probably some of the major things I am looking for.

Attached Thumbnails
  •  

#10 trailblazergolf

trailblazergolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • Locationflorida

Posted 01 October 2015 - 03:11 PM

I can tell you this much----this game of golf on this site ---PERFECT GOLF--- dwarfs all other PC  golf games--why?---will I have played real golf many yrs in lots of places--so I understand the  game and what it takes to simulate it for PC -----perfect golf  is doing that --no other golf game has even come close , with the exception of -links 2003--that game I stuck with for 16 yrs and enjoyed !!

hope I helped you un-deciders  out----you want a exl  golf game just jump in and start learning all there is to the game- and theres a lot

BTW  motion swing in this game is a master creation and getting better--3 click is fun but not golf

#11 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 01 October 2015 - 03:39 PM

The first time I saw the ball launch off the club in PG I was hooked.

The physics get a lot of discussion here. And not because they are bad, but because they are so dang realistic that people start picking things apart.

There are other games out there and while I'm sure those suit many, if you're looking for the most realistic game... This is it. Hands down.

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#12 jdeedler

jdeedler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 03:49 PM

I can tell you this much----this game of golf on this site ---PERFECT GOLF--- dwarfs all other PC  golf games--why?---will I have played real golf many yrs in lots of places--so I understand the  game and what it takes to simulate it for PC -----perfect golf  is doing that --no other golf game has even come close , with the exception of -links 2003--that game I stuck with for 16 yrs and enjoyed !!

hope I helped you un-deciders  out----you want a exl  golf game just jump in and start learning all there is to the game- and theres a lot

BTW  motion swing in this game is a master creation and getting better--3 click is fun but not golf

Interesting! :D  I have 4 sets of clubs in the shed and have played a lot of golf since age 10.  I used to live by a Course and Pick Up caddie for the guys playing as well at times.  I  have found 1000's of golf balls in my time and sold em for extra money.  Ahh the good ole days! ;)

So can I find lost golf balls in this game in the rough or woods sometime??!! :P

Attached Thumbnails
  •  

#13 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 06:40 PM

PG costs £14.99 from Steam. That will be the best £14.99 that you will ever spend. If you want a golf simulator buy PG, if you don't, buy it anyway, TGC comes nowhere close to PG. I know because I have two copies (PC and PS4) gathering dust.
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#14 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 07:09 PM

Opinions will vary, but I think that you can't go wrong with either golf game on Steam that you choose.  ;)  :)

-MERACE

#15 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 01 October 2015 - 07:39 PM

I have been playing Golf games since Intellivision Golf(1980), Atari Golf, Leaderboard (1986), Mean 18(1990), etc and have watched them evolve over the Last 30+ years.  My favorites would be Jack Nicklaus 4/5 & TW06w/course creator ( which i still have ). I stopped around TW06 and have not found another game I liked that had a Course Creator.

Compatible with Windows 10 64 bit.

Yes

The swinging/animation of the the club and reaction of the ball whether Driving, Chipping, Putting, etc..

New player animation WIP

Real ball physics is a must not instant hole in ones, strange bouncing, etc....

PG uses real time flight/spin physics which is always being refined. Ground collisions still WIP.

A full array of shots Fade, Draw, Punch, Stinger, Chip, Pitch, etc with any club I want would be nice. Being able to control tee height, ball placement in stance, controlled club face contact with ball high, low, left, right... 

Shot types and shot shaping catered for. No tee heights as yet. No stance positioning implemented yet.

Atmosphere would be the next thing I need to feel like I am on the course trees moving in the wind, realistic weather, overall graphics, sound, etc..

Speedtree trees move with wind. PG comes with dynamic weather based on specified location. Graphics and sound WIP.

Full character customization meaning face, body, hair, clothes, shoes, clubs, balls, skills ,etc...

No idea if PP are going down the old 'TW Character' creation route.

Reliable Servers to play on would be good as well with game rooms, settings, stats, records, decent UI, etc..

Some folks have issues with multiplayer connections, some don't. Lobbies already available, full release will see player stats, records etc. UI still being worked on.

Full Course editor and creator that's simple to use.

Course Forge (and Terrain Forge) are powerful and reasonably easy to use. The terrain editing tool is Unity 3D itself, so a knowledge of that application alone is recommended. Course Forge is just an asset package add-in.

The ability to practice offline Driving and Putting would be a plus.

Game comes with a Driving Range, but as yet no putting green. Practice putting currently done on course with mulligans enabled.

And of course being able to choose complete gameplay settings for match play

Multitude of MOP's (Modes of Play) with Stroke, Matchplay, Skins, Team Games, Nearest Pin, and soon to be introduced a new Challenges mode.

I am sure I can come up with more just sitting here, but those are probably some of the major things I am looking for.

I am not a developer at PP, but have been part of the Early access from the outset and was also invited with some others from the community to act as a private beta tester to vet the builds before wider release to the main community.

If you are requiring more detailed answers to your questions, I will leave that to the developers.

#16 jdeedler

jdeedler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 08:24 PM

I am not a developer at PP, but have been part of the Early access from the outset and was also invited with some others from the community to act as a private beta tester to vet the builds before wider release to the main community.

If you are requiring more detailed answers to your questions, I will leave that to the developers.

Ok thanks for the answers.  

Regarding Clubs and Balls and the choices or upgrades.  

Is there only one set of clubs or balls available atm?

Will the clubs be able to be changed?  Shafts, grips, types of metal heads, etc..and will those have any effect.

Also how about types of balls and their effects?  2 PC, 3 PC, soft cover, hard cover, color, etc..

Attached Thumbnails
  •  

#17 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 08:25 PM

Opinions will vary, but I think that you can't go wrong with either golf game on Steam that you choose.  ;)  :)

-MERACE

That very much depends on whether you're looking for a golf simulator or an arcade game. If you want to shoot scores in the high 50s to low 60s choose TGC. If you want a real challenge go for PG and use the excellent motion swing. I constantly score above par but I enjoy ever minute of PG.
WWG1WGA

#18 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 08:28 PM

Will the clubs be able to be changed? Shafts, grips, types of metal heads, etc..and will those have any effect.

Also how about types of balls and their effects? 2 PC, 3 PC, soft cover, hard cover, color, etc..

These are all in the pipeline. PG will have a 'Store' section where you will be able to purchase different clubs, shafts and balls and they will have their own effect, apart from (I believe) more distance.
WWG1WGA

#19 jdeedler

jdeedler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 08:30 PM

That very much depends on whether you're looking for a golf simulator or an arcade game. If you want to shoot scores in the high 50s to low 60s choose TGC. If you want a real challenge go for PG and use the excellent motion swing. I constantly score above par but I enjoy ever minute of PG.

Personally that's one of the reasons I have stayed away from golf games.....too much -18, -20, etc....unrealistic scores created by the game helping the ball into the hole too much or a dumbed down game that makes the scoring too easy.

Attached Thumbnails
  •  

#20 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 01 October 2015 - 08:33 PM

Will the clubs be able to be changed?  Shafts, grips, types of metal heads, etc..and will those have any effect.

Also how about types of balls and their effects?  2 PC, 3 PC, soft cover, hard cover, color, etc..

Everyone is currently using the same stock clubs and balls. ShotShaper is available to allow you to apply draws/fades etc. and tweaks shot trajectory.

The Dev's have spoken of down the development road introducing different shafts and also options for the type of ball you could use. They have lots of real world data available and seemingly would be able to code the game so that the shafts and balls would behave as in the real world.

The shaft variations may be more beneficial to the Motion Swing players as it would allow them to find a shaft that fitted their mouse tempo, whereas with the 3-Click meter, we don't set a swing speed so I'm not sure how switching shafts would work for us clickers.

These features are still a ways off, but are definitely something the Dev's are keen to add.

Just to add to your further question about scoring. Both Motion Swing and 3-Click have quite number of options to tailor the swing to a difficulty parameter of your choosing. Experienced virtual golfers may find the MAX/MAX assists too easy and the high 50's and low 60's would be attainable, but at the other end of the spectrum, set them to OFF/OFF and you are playing a whole new ball game. A lot of players are then finding settings in between MAX/MAX and OFF/OFF that gives them the level of challenge they require.

• jdeedler likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users