Photo

OnlineGolfTour.net (In-Game Based Tournaments)

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#21 JTee1

JTee1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 12:01 PM

Well sign appearing to not have a choice of a pro tour and signing up for tour pro I must say it has been a good experience I'm actually going to just play tour pro from now on. 2 round totalling 7 under par. It updates all your stats and scores onto the online golf tour website automatically so it really is a joy. Now onto the last 2 rounds with tougher conditions.... A battle for level par no doubt in the tougher conditions.

Baz I love the Tour Pro level of play also. thanks for joining and hope to cya on the Greens!

• Baz likes this

#22 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 12:07 PM

This is a placeholder for signup and once signed up and added to the database the appropriate and playable event will show up for you.

Well, there's the confusion almost immediately....lol. How was I to know that...?

It displays Pro, I saw it, I went looking for it. You stated I could not signup for more than one...

I don't want TeamSpeak installed thanks, is that a necessary thing...?

As for reading Post#15, i appreciate you cannot post everything again and I need to do some reading... I am trying. It's that I don't understand alot of what's written lol. I am no noob, but it sure feels that way on that site..

#23 JTee1

JTee1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 12:07 PM

Suggestion ;

Could all those who signup, be automatically put into the current Tournament running within PG ?

This would enable all who want, to simply signup and go straight in. Those that wish to choose another Tournament, could then simply opt to select it knowing the default after signup.

There are many reasons to list why the process is like this. The game has a lot of options also and players will have to make a decision and decide to turn them on or off and what level to play. Your just gonna have to go with it for now, you need some one on one assistance and I would try to get on chat first then we will get you on Teamspeak for assistance

• Fairwayman likes this

#24 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 12:17 PM

Thanks JT... I think I have registered for the Tour Pro now... I am 99.9% sure of it.

Forgive my inability...

#25 JTee1

JTee1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 12:18 PM

At this point there is no Pro as Amateur is Mod Min and as close as you get but I would bet you will see a Pro Min Min soon. I myself would have played TP but I still can't get past no aim in top view as it is to time consuming to aim without it in my opinion so I will play Amateur till Pro arrives or Top view allowed.

Yes Pro and Tour Pro are the levels i enjoy the most. It was a close vote for the levels the members wanted to play. We had appr 150 members last season, This season we have appr 75 that signed up and they are pretty equally divided among the 3 tours. They just didnt want to divide the body of members amongst the 5 levels of play currently offered in the game. We run a season of play and each tour would fracture the Members into smaller groups. If i had my preference it would be one group either Pro or Tour pro difficulty. But everyones preferences vary. I can see a Pro Tour in the future as the game continues to develop and the community keeps growing.

Hope to cya on the greens

#26 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 12:23 PM

What's meant by "new players"? I've been a member at OGT for a while now. My OGT username and my Steam username are not the same. Do I have to change my OGT username to participate in the PG in-game tournaments? And how can I change my OGT username if it's necessary to do so?

We've been looking for you.  :)

Please visit the site and chat with one of the admins.  We'll see what we can do.

#27 JTee1

JTee1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 01:08 PM

Thanks JT... I think I have registered for the Tour Pro now... I am 99.9% sure of it.

Forgive my inability...

Glad your aboard ty for your patience

#28 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 10 October 2015 - 04:09 PM

Only concerns with OGT's Tour Pro is that all assists are disabled, so playing in the wind looks to be a bit of a crap shoot until PP provide us with a way of reading the wind as OGT require the wind gauge/meter to be turned off. I'm more than happy with the other assists being off as that is how I often play.

sponsor.jpg

Are folks seriously playing the Tour with no idea where the wind is blowing?

Still signed up and looking forward to playing.

• J_Schollmeyer likes this

#29 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 04:19 PM

Yep, I've spent enough time today trying to understand things, to deserve a game of golf today.... managed to shoot a decent Par score for the RD1 on Tour Pro. Everyone else seems to have found better gears than I have though, so I'm looking at the field from the rear lol...

The guys running OGT are no doubt running themselves ragged these past few days, and having fun amongst fools like me causing them pain. My hat is off to them, although I believe they realise, they still have some tasks ahead of them to make things work as they should.

#30 JTee1

JTee1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 06:08 PM

Only concerns with OGT's Tour Pro is that all assists are disabled, so playing in the wind looks to be a bit of a crap shoot until PP provide us with a way of reading the wind as OGT require the wind gauge/meter to be turned off. I'm more than happy with the other assists being off as that is how I often play.

sponsor.jpg

Are folks seriously playing the Tour with no idea where the wind is blowing?

Still signed up and looking forward to playing.

Hiya Daz

The wind meter is there and gives you the direction but a variable spped of say 14-24 so the actual speed is a guess but i ussually split the difference. Its just another variable, but as you can see i like things difficult ( i decided to help out and be a forum moderator LOL)

Look forward  and cya on the greens pard, I enjoy the season of play and community

#31 JTee1

JTee1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 06:19 PM

Yep, I've spent enough time today trying to understand things, to deserve a game of golf today.... managed to shoot a decent Par score for the RD1 on Tour Pro. Everyone else seems to have found better gears than I have though, so I'm looking at the field from the rear lol...

The guys running OGT are no doubt running themselves ragged these past few days, and having fun amongst fools like me causing them pain. My hat is off to them, although I believe they realise, they still have some tasks ahead of them to make things work as they should.

IanD

Glad your up and running and yes were busy and yes more work to do for sure. The API is still a work in progress but a big leap forward for the Game and OGT.  Are biggest drawback was manual input of the scores and stats while you played. Which is still required if you want to play your buddy in multiplayer mode and have it count toward your rounds. Again appreciate your patience and look forward to playing a round with ya. 

Team speak isnt essential but i think you might enjoy it we have some fellow Scottish players and British on daily around 7 - 12 pm BST

Thanks

JTee1

#32 Baz

Baz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 06:44 PM

Scottish accents on team speak must ? Can you lot understand the dialect

#33 richybro

richybro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Locationglasgw

Posted 10 October 2015 - 06:59 PM

well they seem to understand me ok lol

#34 Baz

Baz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 07:02 PM

I must invest in a head set at some point and join in

#35 FixAmer1st

FixAmer1st

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • LocationSun City Center, FL

Posted 10 October 2015 - 07:07 PM

May I ask.  Why TeamSpeak  And not Skype?

Been using Skype for years now and it works great.

Jerry

Links Golf
CPU_Match_Play_Tour.jpg
CPU_Director_2013.jpg
Administrator of KISS Tours

Dell XPS Desktop
4th Generation Intel Core i7-4790 @ 4.0 GHz
16 GB DDR3 Memory
Win7 64 bit Home Premium
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745 4GB
1TB SATA HardDrive

#36 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 07:23 PM

Because Teamspeak is relatively anonymous.  With Skype, I have to know you and approve you to connect with me.  With TS, I just log into a server and go to a chat room.  Much more convenient.

• JTee1 likes this
Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#37 Sliceapottomus

Sliceapottomus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 10 October 2015 - 07:25 PM

Hats off to Jtee, Zmax, and any one else that may be involved In this Merger of PP and OGT. Keep up  all the great work, It's mucjh appreciated..

• JTee1 likes this
Ncccrca.jpg
Operating System - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit ,  CPU - Intel Core i5 7600K @ 3.80GHz ,  RAM - 16.0GB, MotherboardASRock B250M Pro4 (CPUSocket) , Graphics card4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti ,  Storage256GB (SSD) , 931GB Seagate , 232GB Maxtor USB Device

#38 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 10 October 2015 - 07:32 PM

Hiya Daz

The wind meter is there and gives you the direction but a variable spped of say 14-24 so the actual speed is a guess but i ussually split the difference. Its just another variable, but as you can see i like things difficult ( i decided to help out and be a forum moderator LOL)

Look forward  and cya on the greens pard, I enjoy the season of play and community

That's what threw me as it says Wind Direction = Off. So how come with it Off it stills tells you the direction?

Understand the wind speed bit now, as that is what is usually used in the PG Test tourneys, where the wind is shown as a range value but you're not sure of the actual strength.

All good, almost, lol.

#39 JTee1

JTee1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 08:17 PM

I must invest in a head set at some point and join in

Yes its a hoot we have alot of laughs.

#40 JTee1

JTee1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 08:19 PM

May I ask.  Why TeamSpeak  And not Skype?

Been using Skype for years now and it works great.

Jerry

It pulls less resources for one and has push to talk. But we had to choose , so hopefully we can gather in 1 spot and not be to divided for ease of finding multiplayer games.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users