Photo

OnlineGolfTour.net (In-Game Based Tournaments)

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#61 Affo

Affo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationSouth Coast, UK

Posted 13 October 2015 - 10:32 AM

Great website and Tour. Signed up, played 2 rounds with scores updating almost instantly, look forward to the final version once game has been released and appreciate all the time and effort something like this takes.

JTee was there to assist me with start up and make sure I was good to go, it took about 5 mins from logging in to playing my first round, recommend it to all people, just what PG needs for all of us who like Offline play.

My only problem is time!! Trying to play 4 rounds in a week is going to be tough as I am still very active with my CC on WGT..., but like I said, that's my problem :)

https://www.youtube....NUPOrdgs0U6nODQ

http://affo1.emyspot.com/ for JNPG stats from OGT and PGLS

MSI Apache Pro GE62 2QF, i7 5700HQ, 16GB DDR, GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5, 1 TB HDD 7200rpm, 128GB SSD

Intel i7-8700 CPU @ 3.2GHz, 16GB DDR, GTX 1060 6GB

#62 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 01:01 PM

I think this is a great service and these guys deserve all the credit in the world...   I signed up and have been visiting from time to time, but really have not joined any tournaments.   I am lucky to break par in a single round and when I see -42 at the Beginner player difficulty settings, you have to question why would someone who could score like this be in the beginner level?   I will not have a shot at even coming close to the top of the leaderboard.   I don't need to win, but why are players who shoot like this in the Beginner player difficulty in the first place?    

I don't know.. maybe I just don't understand it all.. which could be the case, but scores are scores.. that's all I know.. lol

#63 JTee1

JTee1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 08:56 PM

Great website and Tour. Signed up, played 2 rounds with scores updating almost instantly, look forward to the final version once game has been released and appreciate all the time and effort something like this takes.

JTee was there to assist me with start up and make sure I was good to go, it took about 5 mins from logging in to playing my first round, recommend it to all people, just what PG needs for all of us who like Offline play.

My only problem is time!! Trying to play 4 rounds in a week is going to be tough as I am still very active with my CC on WGT..., but like I said, that's my problem :)

TY Affo I remember my first round on Motion swing i was spraying the ball everywhere, but the Driving range and som help or tips from others made it a little easier -5 Handicap on Tour Pro last season

WooHoo!

#64 JTee1

JTee1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 09:02 PM

I think this is a great service and these guys deserve all the credit in the world...   I signed up and have been visiting from time to time, but really have not joined any tournaments.   I am lucky to break par in a single round and when I see -42 at the Beginner player difficulty settings, you have to question why would someone who could score like this be in the beginner level?   I will not have a shot at even coming close to the top of the leaderboard.   I don't need to win, but why are players who shoot like this in the Beginner player difficulty in the first place?    

I don't know.. maybe I just don't understand it all.. which could be the case, but scores are scores.. that's all I know.. lol

TY RobV for the  site comments. It's by golfers for golfers and it probably wont please everybody. But I think the vast majority will enjoy it. Looking to add a few more weekly tournaments soon just for fun  and no handicap. Hopefully this will please the rest.

#65 JTee1

JTee1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 02:09 AM

Shriners Hospitals for Children Open

Registration and Play Available 10/14 to 21

Our 3 Events run from Wed to Wed and you must register for your Tour Event weekly.   We have a weekly Registration to keep the Leader board uncluttered by those who cant play that week.

Just click on the Tournament Registration link below and click register for your Tour Evemt:

http://www.onlinegol...ournaments.html

Then Click on the Register for the Tour you've signed up to play in. It will be available to register and play Wed 10/14 

Shriners_zpslkiohof9.png

Never signed up before. Here's the step by step process link to join OGT below:

http://www.onlinegol...76&p=4638#p4638

#66 scoops100

scoops100

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 14 October 2015 - 07:41 AM

Big thanks to Jtee and the lads managed to get two rounds in on the previous tourney brilliant keep up the good work

#67 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 01:04 PM

Big thanks to Jtee and the lads managed to get two rounds in on the previous tourney brilliant keep up the good work

You're welcome scoops.

If anybody still has issues, please use OGT's chat feature and chat with an admin.

#68 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 10:41 PM

Fry's.com tournaments extended 1 day.  Will close them tomorrow around midnight est.

#69 JTee1

JTee1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 03:40 AM

Perfect Golfs in game Leader Board shows OGT Tour Events

Watch yourself climb or descend in real time!

2015-10-14_00003_zpsl9vpt8qu.jpg2015-10-14_00004_zpslo9rueg7.jpg

#70 Armand

Armand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 15 October 2015 - 01:24 PM

I'm gonna have to find some time to play some events at OGT again..... that looks really good!

• JTee1 likes this

#71 JTee1

JTee1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 11:37 AM

OGT's Next Event

Will be available to Register and play 10/21

Registration Link: 

http://www.onlinegolftour.net/tournaments.html

OGT Members Click on Register for the Event in your Tour

SandersonTP_zps3d5lhzhk.png

Registration Directions

Weekly%20Reg_zpsmsmojayd.jpg

• scoops100 likes this

#72 ☠InDaSkies☠

☠InDaSkies☠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • LocationCedar Lake Indiana

Posted 19 October 2015 - 04:02 PM

Hey wanted to thank you guy's for your hard work and also thank you for extra mile you guy's go to help people.

Thanks!

• scoops100, SJude and frank70 like this

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit.
Silverstone ST1500 1500W ATX
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Editon
4x Kingston Digital HyperX Fury 240GB SSD Sata III HD's In Raid 0
1 TB HD for storage
Asus Rog Maximus VIII Extreme/Assembly Motherboard
4x16GB Corsair Dominator Series Memory
Intel Core i7 6700K 4.700.0 MHz Overlocked Quad Core Skylake Desktop Processor, Socket LGA 1151
Zalman Reserator XT External Water Cooling System GPU & CPU
1x LG WH10LS30 Blu-ray Burner
1x LG GGW-H20L Blu-Ray Player
HP ZR 30" Monitor 2560x1600 Resolution

#73 frank70

frank70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 October 2015 - 08:00 AM

OGT's Next Event

Will be available to Register and play 10/21

Registration Link: 

http://www.onlinegolftour.net/tournaments.html

OGT Members Click on Register for the Event in your Tour

SandersonTP_zps3d5lhzhk.png

Registration Directions

Weekly%20Reg_zpsmsmojayd.jpg

I have a suggestion for this event: I would really like to see higher stimps. I think the stimp should at least be 12. The ball rolls much more realistic (compared with what i see on the TV of the real PGA Tour).

And i think it would provide a more realistic gameplay. With stimps of 13 or 14 it is really a challenge to putt from longer distances or to chip and pitch. As we have seen in the running event, scores are getting real low from the best players. I know for sure that i personally would have great trouble to break par with higher green speeds. But i think it would be more realistic and a way to protect the course without playing under gusty conditions all the time.

#74 frank70

frank70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 October 2015 - 08:38 AM

A question: When can we expect the statistic to be in effect? Would be great to see how i play statistically in comparison to the field in certain aspects of the game.

#75 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 12:53 PM

Stats will come but no ETA yet.

#76 Reynhardt_p2

Reynhardt_p2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 07:45 AM

Can someone explain to me why there is a handicap in the tour pro events? Surely there should be a level playing field at this level?

• frank70 likes this

#77 frank70

frank70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 October 2015 - 08:26 AM

I asked myself the same question. I don't know exactly how the handicaps are calculated. But in extrem the players start with a 8 stroke difference per round. Seems a little bit high to me.

Maybe it is a way to make more players participate in Tour Pro events - which is a good thing!

#78 JTee1

JTee1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 03:54 PM

Can someone explain to me why there is a handicap in the tour pro events? Surely there should be a level playing field at this level?

Frank

We use the USGA guidelines to calculate the HC but we go to the minus side also.  We run the HC Tours to level the playing field somewhat. Our desire is to keep everyone interested.  With that said we are looking to start more tours as the need arises.

• frank70 likes this

#79 JTee1

JTee1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 03:55 PM

We use the USGA guidelines to calculate the HC but we go to the minus side also.  We run the HC Tours to level the playing field somewhat. Our desire is to keep everyone interested.  With that said we are looking to start more tours as the need arises.

#80 Reynhardt_p2

Reynhardt_p2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 06:13 AM

I understand, but I would say, use the handicap system everywhere except in Tour Pro events.

• Ted_Ball likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users