Photo

OnlineGolfTour.net (In-Game Based Tournaments)

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#141 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 01:46 AM

You're welcome ProFirefighter.   Glad you're enjoying our tournaments.

#142 ProFirefighter

ProFirefighter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 December 2015 - 02:56 PM

Seeing PG has no dedicated Career Mode, OGT gave me a reason to play the game.

Thanks again OGT!

• scoops100 and frank70 like this

i5-4460 / 8GB DDR3 / 1 TB 7200 RPM / Windows 8.1 / Thermaltake TR2 600W / EVGA GTX 960 FTW

#143 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 07:53 PM

OGT Tour Pro level will switch to non-handicapped starting with next week's event.

#144 frank70

frank70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 December 2015 - 08:34 PM

The field for the next tournament at the Tour Pro level will then be probably really small. Not good.

#145 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 17 December 2015 - 08:41 PM

The field for the next tournament at the Tour Pro level will then be probably really small. Not good.

Frank I just found out you can now play this tour and the new PGA Pro Tour both so I don't think we lose many. I will play both and look forward to holding up you big guns at the top. Lol. TP to much fun to give up but Pro will be fun to.

#146 frank70

frank70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 December 2015 - 08:49 PM

Frank I just found out you can now play this tour and the new PGA Pro Tour both so I don't think we lose many. I will play both and look forward to holding up you big guns at the top. Lol. TP to much fun to give up but Pro will be fun to.

Ah, didn't know that you can sign up for both. Good to know and hopefully the fields aren't getting splitted up.

P.S.: Don't want to know how low Justin and SJude will go on the Pro level ..... these guys are good!!

#147 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 17 December 2015 - 09:23 PM

Ah, didn't know that you can sign up for both. Good to know and hopefully the fields aren't getting splitted up.

P.S.: Don't want to know how low Justin and SJude will go on the Pro level ..... these guys are good!!

I don't know how low they will go as Pro is really just a tad bit easier than TP with it being Min Min vs off min. You also can aim in top window but remember they will start at -6 hdcp and a 60 will be 66. Yes it's not as tough as TP but look at some of the Pro OGT events without hdcp and there were no blowouts.

#148 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 21 December 2015 - 12:06 AM

So how exactly do I stop a round after finishing a hole and resume later without a penalty?  I just made par on the par 5 14th.  I exited the game and when I resumed I was on the 14th tee hitting my 7th shot!!  

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#149 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 12:37 AM

So you were on the 15th tee when you quit?  If so, I'd message zmax at ogt, might be a bug with the api.

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#150 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 01:03 AM

So how exactly do I stop a round after finishing a hole and resume later without a penalty?  I just made par on the par 5 14th.  I exited the game and when I resumed I was on the 14th tee hitting my 7th shot!!  

How to resume:

http://www.onlinegol...47&p=7042#p7042

Note:  Changes are being made to the api.  When new PG release is out, we'll need to update instructions above.

If penalty was in error, contact an OGT admin.

#151 mistajam

mistajam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • LocationMunich

Posted 22 December 2015 - 12:43 AM

How to resume:

Note:  Changes are being made to the api.  When new PG release is out, we'll need to update instructions above.

If penalty was in error, contact an OGT admin.

It happened again!! this is the 3rd time that a disconnect costs me strokes, (sorry i'm a little bit upset atm) ... this week was the first time since half a year i was able to play consistently -3 -2 -2 and now i played the 4th and last round and finished it with -2 (played entirely without noticable connection loss) but after the round looking up the scorecard ingame ... EMTY ... no players ... i exited the game ... OGT Website still open in browser checkin scorecard .... i see -1 thru 11 ... i didnt notice any connection interupt ... but it seems that there was a small connection hickup and the api lost track on the 11 th hole ... so i'm supposed to play it again and get 2 or even more penalthy for nothing .... this is really unfair, sorry to say but it affects me the 3rd time now and this is really very frustrating :( :(

you say here "If penalty was in error, contact an OGT admin"

thats exactly what i did last time when i had a disconnect, resumed and had suddenly +6 strokes ... all i got was a one sentence email saying i should follow this:

How to resume:

Yes i knew that before ... read it again... AND again ... BUT HOW TO RESUME WHEN THERE IS NO RESUME IN THE MAINSCREEN TOURNAMENT SECTION?? 

Please any help!! I've played - 2! :(

UPDATE: Now it changed to -1 thru 12 ?? And i'm anyway not able to resume the round, because there is simply no tournament in tounament --> public ... zero ... nada ... emty tab ???  something is going seriously wrong here ... :(

#152 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 01:05 AM

Settle down Beavis. I'm sure zmax will figure something out. It's still beta software.
Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#153 richybro

richybro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Locationglasgw

Posted 22 December 2015 - 01:42 AM

Misterjam if you get disconnected in the future you will get a resume on the home page. Sometimes the resume doesnt show on the homepage as been for the tournement you just played in, it might show the resume on the muiltiplayer or solo sections. Assuming you havnt started a new game before you try and resume the tournement that resume you see on the homepage if its under the tournement , multiplayer or solo sections will resume the tournement for you and you wont get any penelties.

#154 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 01:44 AM

UPDATE: Now it changed to -1 thru 12 ?? And i'm anyway not able to resume the round, because there is simply no tournament in tounament --> public ... zero ... nada ... emty tab ???  something is going seriously wrong here ... :(

Holy moly.....

2 things happened today.  1:  Our site has been having a tough time keeping up with all the requests and subsequently, scores have been failing to come in at times.   A number of folks are missing scores for 17th and 18th.   We decided to shutdown the api earlier today to have our web admin rewrite a bunch of code and change a few things around.  Your scores from 13th on are empty and no tournaments were showing because the api was down.

2:  Once our api came back up, Steam went down for about 6-7 minutes....lol

In the future, please come to OGT and use the site's chat to talk to an admin.  As for your missing scores, come talk to an admin and we'll work something out.

#155 mistajam

mistajam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • LocationMunich

Posted 22 December 2015 - 02:21 AM

ok :) thanks zmax, richybro ... i will try to contact you in the chat tomorrow (i'm in europe, sleeping time here now ;) )

... sorry the above was not ment personally at anybody, just SOOOO frustrating. :( :) ;)

UPDATE: thanks to zmax for solving this in the chat with me today

#156 ProFirefighter

ProFirefighter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 December 2015 - 01:05 PM

Holy moly..... 2 things happened today ...

Hope you get things straightened out!

When you do, would OGT consider offering more than one tournament/game (per class level) a week? No Career Mode until full release means I finish a tournament and the game sits for 5 days until the next one is posted.

i5-4460 / 8GB DDR3 / 1 TB 7200 RPM / Windows 8.1 / Thermaltake TR2 600W / EVGA GTX 960 FTW

#157 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 01:39 PM

Hope you get things straightened out!

When you do, would OGT consider offering more than one tournament/game (per class level) a week? No Career Mode until full release means I finish a tournament and the game sits for 5 days until the next one is posted.

So far so good.  Things are running smoothly and a bit faster then before.  As for secondary tournaments under a tour,  that is possible but I don't think we want to do that.  I don't think we want somebody to be leading in FedEx points just because they play in extra tournaments outside of a tour schedule.

But at the moment, we are allowing PGA Tour players to also play in Tour Pro events.  So, there's your 2 events that you can play plus any tournament only fun events that's available.

• mistajam likes this

#158 TimBoch

TimBoch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationFarmington, MN

Posted 23 December 2015 - 03:24 AM

Seems that the leaderboard still shows me -1 thru 4 in round 4. I originally completed round 4 at -8, but the score never posted during the website issues. I then replayed the final 4 holes which were showing as incomplete. These are the results of that round. -6 instead of -8. I'm ok with that.

buijAZj.jpg

On the tournament page, it shows that I can resume, but when I do that it goes straight to the leaderboard showing me at -1 for the round. Got me scratching my head.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Course Forge Courses in various stages of design: Dwan Golf Club, Hyland Greens, Faribault CC, Desert Valley CC/ Woodland Trail(fictional), Infamous Golf Course (fantasy)
Links 2003 Designs: Dwan Golf Club, Infamous Golf Course, Hazeltine National Golf Club (assistant designer), Woodland Trail/Desert Valley CC , Faribault CC (beta), Hyland Greens (beta), Double Eagle (beta), King's Walk (beta), Interlachen CC (still in planning)
Intel Core i7-4710HQ 2.5GHz
  • Microsoft Windows 8.1 64-bit
  • 16GB DDR3L RAM
  • 750GB 7,200RPM Hard Drive
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 850M

#159 ProFirefighter

ProFirefighter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 December 2015 - 03:55 AM

... at the moment, we are allowing PGA Tour players to also play in Tour Pro events.  So, there's your 2 events that you can play plus any tournament only fun events that's available.

I like playing at the Mini Tour level, so I do not qualify for Tour Pro events. Guess I'll just stick to Mini Tour and whatever fun events come up.

Thanks!

#160 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 01:33 PM

Major server outages causing OGT site outage.   If you were in the middle of your tournament round, take screen shots of your scorecard.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users