#21 Sinewiz

Sinewiz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts
  • LocationMichigan U.S.A.

Posted 04 February 2014 - 07:14 AM

It has been suggested that those of us that are a little older somehow are incapable of grasping the complicated and subtle nuances of pulling a stick backward then forward. Yes, sounds extremely complicated and should only be attempted by the young and physically fit. Seriously, I have played both ways and play at pretty much the same level with both though I admit,much much longer 2/3 clicking. For me it's nothing more than "a preferred"  and enjoyable method of playing desktop golf. I hope TGC decides to incorporate it, if not I'll try not to pull something from the exertion required by a swing method that's soo much more like a real golf swing.

• Keith likes this

Lakes of Taylor Golf Course

Links at Gateway Golf Club

#22 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 07:50 AM

Harsh lol...

Acrilix' reasons are partially right, in terms of profitability and marketing to the masses. However, that doesn't mean anything other than that must die.. I will always, til the day I turn off the pc forever, advocate options.

If companies had unlimited resources, yes, but every option comes at a cost to something else.

I'd much rather one golf game suit me perfectly and another game suit someone else perfectly than both games conservatively catering for us both.

#23 AndyJumbo

AndyJumbo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:44 AM

I think there are some differences among a console & a computer and in some details the game could change, honestly i prefer the computer playable but it's my own feeling.

But, but the wii console has the "handpad" to use like a real tool on the golf field !!! 

#24 ☠InDaSkies☠

☠InDaSkies☠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • LocationCedar Lake Indiana

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:16 PM

I couldn't disagree with you more. There are a lot of seniors out there that are use to playing with a swing meter I being one of them. I can not stand true swing. I'll take a three click swing meter thank you.  

• Tigers Agent likes this

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit.
Silverstone ST1500 1500W ATX
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Editon
4x Kingston Digital HyperX Fury 240GB SSD Sata III HD's In Raid 0
1 TB HD for storage
Asus Rog Maximus VIII Extreme/Assembly Motherboard
4x16GB Corsair Dominator Series Memory
Intel Core i7 6700K 4.700.0 MHz Overlocked Quad Core Skylake Desktop Processor, Socket LGA 1151
Zalman Reserator XT External Water Cooling System GPU & CPU
1x LG WH10LS30 Blu-ray Burner
1x LG GGW-H20L Blu-Ray Player
HP ZR 30" Monitor 2560x1600 Resolution

#25 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 04 February 2014 - 03:22 PM

It's all a bunch of bologna!   Why would you want/need to get a bunch of kids virtually playing xbox on a PC? What the Hell!

Doesn't make sense to me, when they can just play on their T.V. sets.. LIKE THEY'VE BEEN DOING FOR CENTURIES!!!!!!!

I want a game with a True Mouse Swing and a 3-click meter so I can play on my PC...Oh yeah, that's what were getting LMAO... :D :D

Or why not make an xbox with a mouse? Hmmm..

• karma4u likes this

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#26 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • LocationCoon Rapids, MN

Posted 04 February 2014 - 03:56 PM

I always laugh when every golf game that comes out MUST have 3 click and mouse swing. Is there no other way to swing besides using the same thing that was used when PC golf was first invented? Is everybody just that incapable of trying something new? I don't care if your a senior or a young person. Lets try something that has's been done before.

I guess were all just a creature of habit, got to have the same thing till we die, we cringe at trying anything new.

• AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
  • Sapphire Nitro+ SE AMD Radeon 6800XT
  • G.Skill Trident Z Royal RGB 16GB DDR4-3600
  • Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 Gen 4 PCIe M.2
  • Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD M.2 NVMe
  • Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SSD
  • Sound Blaster ZX Soundcard
  • EVGA 750 Gold Power Supply
  • Fractal Design Meshify S2 Case
  • Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R
  • "43 inch Vizio 4k Monitor

#27 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 04 February 2014 - 04:04 PM

lol, nope, just this one... The Golf Club can have a steering wheel if that's what cha like... ;)

It's no matter to me if PP wants to add xbox controllers as long as we have a choice..

I wont cringe if all golf games did away with TS with a MOUSE, I just wouldn't play them... No skin off my nose..

This is just a game to have some fun... That's it..

Done with designing.

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

#28 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 04:24 PM

Here's an excerpt regarding the goal of the Control System from a new article at the HB Studios website called "Development Diary: A Brief History of The Golf Club (http://thegolfclubga...ry-tgc-history/):

"CONTROL SYSTEM

While we were 100% behind having a realistic control system, we weren’t always sold on the idea of not having a power meter. We didn’t want it to be too hard for the newcomer, but also wanted to move away from the focus on meters, pins, and the disconnected feel they brought to gameplay. The initial spark of removing the power bar completely came from a bug that disabled it one Friday night. After playing it on over the weekend without the power bar we realized the game was way more fun without it. This meant that we had to really fine tune the controls so you really do get the feel of the ball since you now relied more on the feel of the controls than a meter on-screen. This has been one of the most challenging parts of development so far – and getting this wrong would mean that all the nice features around the game were for nothing. It was critical the game felt like playing golf!"

-MERACE

#29 Mick-S

Mick-S

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • LocationDevon.u.k / born London

Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:32 PM

having played comp golf for years starting with 3 click, stopped using that as soon as true swing came along and of course have a good round and your accused of edging, then TW on the consoles started using the stick which to be honest I quite like and expect TGC swing to be pretty much like TW, the downside is that you often slice or hook when you would have rather the opposite happened, bit like my real game used to be, and putting is not easy,  you never know axe360 you might like it if you give it a go.

#30 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:39 PM

Believe me, I have tried to use those controllers and I just haven't seen any reason to go thru the learning curve, I didn't like it right off the bat.. But, hey, I did try it..

You see, I usually don't express not liking something, unless I've actually tried it first.. That would be dishonest and would limit me as a person.. I'm always up to try new things, I did and I don't like it... 

But I have no probs with it being a CHOICE for those who do.. I am just one man and don't speak for anyone else,, I would never ask to  NOT Have something as longs as I still have a choice..

Choice is good for everyone...

Peace out my bro's...

• IanD likes this

Done with designing.

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

#31 Keith

Keith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 04 February 2014 - 06:51 PM

Believe me, I have tried to use those controllers and I just haven't seen any reason to go thru the learning curve, I didn't like it right off the bat.. But, hey, I did try it..

You see, I usually don't express not liking something, unless I've actually tried it first.. That would be dishonest and would limit me as a person.. I'm always up to try new things, I did and I don't like it... 

But I have no probs with it being a CHOICE for those who do.. I am just one man and don't speak for anyone else,, I would never ask to  NOT Have something as longs as I still have a choice..

Choice is good for everyone...

Peace out my bro's...

That truly is the bottom line here IMO.  I don't get the point some have hinted at that if your game is released with a mouse click swing option it is automatically an inferior product.  Give everyone options and let them have at it.        

#32 KenR

KenR

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:01 PM

If there is no button to push at impact, then I take it shot shape is pre-determined by the player prior to the shot, shot direction depends on the "straightness" of pushing the stick forward, and distance for the shot depends of course on the club selected and the speed of the forward movement of the stick.

Doesn't sound that complicated, just very different from the 3 click method using the mouse. Personally, I could give it a try (and despite being an "old timer" I am not averse to learning new tricks); but I've always 3 clicked (I tried and did not like the mouse tru-swing) and I would like to see 3 click with the mouse as a control method in any new golf game, simply because that's what I'm used to and I think mouse/keyboard control should be included with a PC game. If a developer chooses not to though, that is their prerogative and it's up to the buyer whether or not to purchase the game ( and get a controller if they want to try the game).

I don't have a problem with that; but I would think the developer would want to cater to everyone out there to expand their sales and make everyone happy, but I do get in the case of TGC that the intent is to have everyone on equal footing via the control method when it comes to multi-player play. The "problem" with that is not everyone wants or has a need to play multi-player, or compete in online tournaments against other players where an equal footing is necessary for fairness; some like myself simply want to play rounds of golf on different courses for pure enjoyment. Of course that player can still get and learn to use a controller if he/she wants to play that game, but the need for them to have a controller to be on equal footing with console players doesn't apply to them, thus having mouse/keyboard control as an option makes sense for those that want it.

This point can be debated all day long, in the end it's the developers choice and consequently the buyers choice whether or not to purchase the game because it has/doesn't have mouse/keyboard control. Rather simple, really.

Thanks Merace for the description of how the analog stick works with the controller to strike the ball. I wasn't aware that you didn't have to also hit a button for contact, and that makes a difference in trying to visualize how the game works using a controller. Appreciate it!

Ken

#33 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:52 PM

KenR:

Yes, the developers original intent was for everyone to be on the same controller for competition purposes.  I do hope that there will be separate leader boards based on controllers as well as forced controller options (gamepad only, mouse only, or any controller) prior to entering a round or tournament.

As JCauthen has stated previously, I think that they could include a mouse click controller option as long as it does not involve meters or gauges.  His description of using the golfer animation as the "guage" would certainly fit in with the developers design goals.

I would really like to see everyone feel included in the game.  

-MERACE

#34 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:09 PM

Quote by Joe Habiger:

I always laugh when every golf game that comes out MUST have 3 click and mouse swing. Is there no other way to swing besides using the same thing that was used when PC golf was first invented? Is everybody just that incapable of trying something new? I don't care if your a senior or a young person. Lets try something that has's been done before.

I guess were all just a creature of habit, got to have the same thing till we die, we cringe at trying anything new. End Quote:

Ok 1 last analogy.. But first, bless all your hearts  for trying..

Now, the first car that was invented came with a stick, after a while , they came up with  a  steering wheel.

In case anyone hadn't noticed. IT STILL USES ONE!!!!!

Done with designing.

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

#35 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:20 PM

I guess were all just a creature of habit, got to have the same thing till we die, we cringe at trying anything new.

Fair point to trying something not done before. But it has been done before... on consoles. Just seems odd to be releasing a game on the PC and primarily opting for an analogue controller. It seems to me that the PC version will be a port of the console game, with possible tweaks down the line if they look to implement a mouse swing of some sort.

If they want to try something not done before, why not ask the console fraternity to use a mouse to play the game, lol.

:D

#36 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:32 PM

It's all a bunch of bologna!   Why would you want/need to get a bunch of kids virtually playing xbox on a PC? What the Hell!

Doesn't make sense to me, when they can just play on their T.V. sets.. LIKE THEY'VE BEEN DOING FOR CENTURIES!!!!!!!

I want a game with a True Mouse Swing and a 3-click meter so I can play on my PC...Oh yeah, that's what were getting LMAO... :D :D

Or why not make an xbox with a mouse? Hmmm..

No fair Daz.... hehe  I still haven't figured out how to multi-quote..

Done with designing.

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

#37 57albatross

57albatross

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:51 PM

HB Studios ARE the same group that created EA's TW PGA tour golf series. They are just moving on since EA wanted out of the some of the sports games, both PC and platform. What is being offered, The Golf Club, is the next installment of Tiger Woods PGA Tour without, Tiger Woods and some licensed courses. The graphics have been updated but like everyone else, I'm interested in the actual play enhancements and course architect function. There were still many faults with TWO when it shut down June 6th, 2013. Expect the pricing to be higher or the "golf shop store" to be used to cover development, updates and server costs. EA dropped these type games due to lack of profitability.     

#38 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:11 AM

HB Studios ARE the same group that created EA's TW PGA tour golf series.

Where did you get this bit of information?  Tiburon is the developer of the Tiger Woods series.  The only involvement HB Studios had was to port Tiger Woods 10 to the PS2 and PSP.... that's it.  EA Sports was discussing having HBS make Tiger 15 for the PS3 and 360, but EA pulled the plug on the series before HBS started.

This game has NOTHING to do with the Tiger Woods PGA Tour Golf series of the current-gen, 

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#39 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:09 AM

As JCauthen has stated previously, I think that they could include a mouse click controller option as long as it does not involve meters or gauges.  His description of using the golfer animation as the "guage" would certainly fit in with the developers design goals.

-MERACE

Oy! I feel a bit robbed - it was me who first made the suggestion of using the golfer avatar animation as a swing meter and click to define key points of that swing - here @ PP. Here's the crummy little video I made about that this summer again.

But what really makes me feel cautious is that the wonderful HB devs are communicating about design philosophy. To me that is a clear warning sign that flashes up: "Attention, Nanny Devs who feel it is up to them to know what's good for you."

Diablo 3 was victimized, brutalized, somodized and torn to shreds by Nanny Devs who thought it was their duty to force players into abiding by their (very limited) vision of things. 

I'm not charging your friends at HB with anything, MERACE. I'm sure they mean well and I do wish them success - after all I might want to play their game, too. But note how at PP they never went and preached to us about design philosophy, look and feel, about visceral experience and full immersion. To me, that is a good sign and I do appreciate not being preached at about it.

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#40 AndyJumbo

AndyJumbo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:28 AM

Robbed? well, i agree with you KaBoom !!!!

i remember your video that you shared time ago & again up here, yes!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users