highfade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 21 February 2014 - 01:37 PM

Shimonko, looks great. 

I didn't know you could do that with the shadow and also don't know how to. :wacko:

Intel Core i5-6600 CPU 3.3 GHz       Geforce GTX 1060        16GB  RAM       Windows 10 64 bit

Hazyview  (600m above sea level)    --   Nautilus Bay  (Revamp done)  --  Cape Fear  (TGC  adaptation)  --  Aloe Ridge  --  Nahoon Reef GC  --  Chambers Bay 

Abel's Crossing  --  Solitude Links GC

#62 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:02 PM

Nice Shimonko!

We have no plans on putting this sort of thing into CourseForge as the more things we add the steeper the learning curve will eventually be for the general user. Unity is amazing for people who do want to spend more time creating fantastic stuff like this as it will show up on their built course in PerfectGolf just like it does in the editor.

#63 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:24 PM

It will also show up on their costs too... I'm like a kid in a sweet shop sometimes with the Asset Store... it's getting to the stage I have an hour or so to play, and find 45mins pass whilst I'm in the Store..!

#64 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:39 PM

I didn't know you could do that with the shadow and also don't know how to. :wacko:

That Edelweiss decal plugin comes with its own set of shaders, so create a material and choose the "Decal/Transparent Bumped Diffuse" shader. There you can attach your divot texture and bump map. The divot texture, like the one I attached, should have an alpha channel blending in the grass outside the divot. The bump map I just painted a grayscale depth map and let Unity convert it to a normal map (which it does when changing the texture type to "Normal Map".)

Then in the High Level Properties for the decal (page icon), set the projection to Bumped Diffuse. 

I have noticed that the divot doesn't receive shadows from other objects however, but that'll be some tweak somewhere.

#65 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:45 PM

btw, all that probably sounds pretty heavy to those who haven't been playing with Unity much or other 3d modelers, but it will become second nature in time. Don't let it scare you from CourseForge - you don't need to know this stuff to get a great looking course done.

• Unique likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users