WWG1WGA

#82 Kimmer1947

Kimmer1947

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 12:02 PM

I played this course again this morning, and it played flawlessly.  Not sure why this hasn't been released "officially" at OGT yet so the masses can enjoy it.  Simply outstanding work by the course designer.

• IanK likes this

#83 nightowl

nightowl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 06:33 PM

This is a terrific course!  I loved the planting.  Some designers just have an "eye" for detail.  The placement of trees and vegetation seems so natural (not forced).  The layout also seemed completely natural.  Only two demerits, in my book.  First, the inaccurate water reflections.  It is glaringly obvious in some places.  Hopefully, MikeJ will implement a solution soon.  And second, the unnatural swelling of the sea/ocean.  It rises too much, IMO.  Not sure how much that can be controlled in the course designer.  But it was distracting to me.  Overall, I'd give this course an A+.  Excellent work!

• IanK likes this

#84 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 08:17 PM

Thanks guys.
I don't particularly like the rise and fall of the sea either. I'll see if there is anything I can do to reduce it.
The reason the course hasn't been released to OGT is because I need to change the hole handicap/stroke index ratings for each hole which requires deleting most, if not all of the tees, changing the stroke index and replacing the tees. It's quite time consuming.
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#85 Superstar

Superstar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationBerkshire, U.K.

Posted 01 April 2016 - 01:07 PM

Beautiful course Ian - well done mate!

• IanK likes this

Intel Core i7 4790K 4 GHz

ASUS MAXIMUS VII Hero mobo

16 GB of G.Skill Trident X F3 2400MHz

ASUS Strix GeForce GTX 980 4GB RAM

Logitech Z5500

AOC U3477PQU

Fractal Design Define R5 case

Windows 10 Pro Technical Preview Build 10130

"It's in that place where I put that thing that time"

#86 olazaboll

olazaboll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 03:30 PM

Thanks guys.
I don't particularly like the rise and fall of the sea either. I'll see if there is anything I can do to reduce it.
The reason the course hasn't been released to OGT is because I need to change the hole handicap/stroke index ratings for each hole which requires deleting most, if not all of the tees, changing the stroke index and replacing the tees. It's quite time consuming.

Ok .. I've been thinking to ask this for some time now  ... if this doesnt get changes ...what is the actual inpact to the game ?

...i mean whenplaying this course ,,,

Thx

Ola

#87 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 05:04 PM

Ok .. I've been thinking to ask this for some time now  ... if this doesnt get changes ...what is the actual inpact to the game ?

Thx
Ola

There is no impact on the game if you are playing solo or against other players without handicaps. The stroke index only shows on what holes a handicapped player would receive shots in the game. It's a measure of the hole's difficulty.
WWG1WGA

#88 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 05:11 PM

Thx

Ola

Incorrect pars or hole index will cause scoring issues for api handicapped tournaments.

#89 olazaboll

olazaboll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 05:21 PM

Ok ...Thanks that cleared it up for me ... I hope that once CF is released that there will be an tutorial on how not to come to the piont were you need to go back an ammend all this by deleteing all your holes  .... 

#90 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 06:54 PM

I can't see any way out of the problem on a fictional course because it's only when it's played by the community that you can figure out the stroke indexes. There is a quicker way to change the stroke index ratings on CF but I can't quite get my head around it. It still requires deletion of tees though so a better option would be very welcome.
WWG1WGA

#91 olazaboll

olazaboll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 07:40 PM

Ok ,,, Im brainstorming now with out knowing anything about CF ... How about planting one tee at the time ,,,, I mean Back Tees 18 hole , and realease a 1st beta . After Testing ....then planting Front Tees 18 holes and than have a 2nd Beta . If somehing gets screwed up you can come back to the save of 1st beta and start all over again with the Front Tees .... Just a Thought

#92 dpeters95

dpeters95

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 10:01 PM

IanK, I just bought this game yesterday and I just had to say that I agree with the others here, this is a VERY nice looking course.  Well done!

• IanK likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users