91 replies to this topic

#61 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 07:29 PM

I'm just sending it to Dropbox as we speak. 5 mins at most.  ;)

Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#62 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 07:35 PM

Here is v3 of my course. I never liked either name that I called it so I've come up with another, which will be final.  

As I've based the my course around the countryside in which I live I've renamed it: 'Heritage Coast Golf Club'. 

As always, I'm open to suggestions but I think that I'm nearing the end with this one, unless you feel different. :)

I hope you enjoy v3.

https://www.dropbox....lfclub.zip?dl=0

WWG1WGA

#63 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 07:42 PM

Downloading!

Heritage Coastal Lagoon Lakes Golf Club

:-)

• IanK likes this

#64 Justin9926

Justin9926

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 08:39 PM

Thanks Ian.

Asus ROG G751JT-CH71 Gaming Laptop

2.5 GHz Intel Core i7– 4710HQ

Nvidia GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5

16 GB DDR3

Windows 10 64-bit

#65 olazaboll

olazaboll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 08:45 PM

Thanks Ian 

Like the new name .... Played from the Tournament Tees with Hard pins and Stimp 14 ( first time )

I no bad pins what I could see ,,, the puts went far by sometimes, but that was bcs I hit the puts to hard ... the "Mulligans" stayed though.

#66 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 08:46 PM

You're welcome chaps.
WWG1WGA

#67 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 12 March 2016 - 10:33 PM

Yea. Can't wait playing this one. It keeps kicking my ass and I keep coming back!

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#68 Arsam

Arsam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 13 March 2016 - 07:47 PM

Ian, this is another great design but I have incounterd one small problem so far.  On the first tee there is a large post or stand directly in the center of the tee box behind the player.  This is only a problem when playing using Player view as it obstructucts the view of the ball etc.  It is not a big deal since it does not hinder the swing in RTS, but is is a distraction.

RTS-Mouse Swing, Pro Level, BLI

HP Pavilion 790-0025T Minitower Gaming PC
Intel Hexa-Core i7-8700 cpu @ 3.2 GHz (Turbo up to 4.6 GHz), 12 MB Cache
64-bit Operating Sys​tem, x64 Based Processor
400 Watt Power Supply
16 GB DDR4-26666MHz 2-DIMM Memory
NVidia GeForce GTX1060 3GB Gaming Graphic Card

DELL D3218HN 31.5" Full HD LED Back-Lit HDMI Monitor, 1920 x 1080 at 60Hz  Maximum Resolution, 4,000,000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio

Windows 10 Home Edition, 64 bit - DirecrX v.12.0

#69 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 07:58 PM

Ian, this is another great design but I have incounterd one small problem so far.  On the first tee there is a large post or stand directly in the center of the tee box behind the player.  This is only a problem when playing using Player view as it obstructucts the view of the ball etc.  It is not a big deal since it does not hinder the swing in RTS, but is is a distraction.

Thanks for playing the course Arsam. I'll see what I can do about moving the fence back to give an unobstructed view.
Ian
WWG1WGA

#70 AwYea

AwYea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 14 March 2016 - 09:39 AM

Great work! Just played a relaxing round didn't try to break anything like test drops and stuff, but loved the buildings and layout and was a good challenge.  FPS were steady also. I agree with Arsam, it wasn't the fence, it looks like a plaque on the ground on the 1st tee that needs moved back slightly.

It's incredible how talented you guys are already with CF, seriously. Was always part of the TW 04 pc communtity and didn't actually buy Links 2003 until about 3 or 4 months ago. Boy did i miss out.

PG + OGT & MP = Golfing Bliss! 

Steam-ahhyeaa

#71 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 10:23 AM

Great work! Just played a relaxing round didn't try to break anything like test drops and stuff, but loved the buildings and layout and was a good challenge.  FPS were steady also. I agree with Arsam, it wasn't the fence, it looks like a plaque on the ground on the 1st tee that needs moved back slightly.

It's incredible how talented you guys are already with CF, seriously. Was always part of the TW 04 pc communtity and didn't actually buy Links 2003 until about 3 or 4 months ago. Boy did i miss out.

Thank you. The object is the cap on top of the fence post. I will move the fence back a tad.
WWG1WGA

#72 cajuncapgun

cajuncapgun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationPearl River ,La

Posted 14 March 2016 - 03:18 PM

course looks great Ian, played it yesterday and it looked and played great

Nate

• IanK likes this

NZXT Photon 410 Tower /     2x MSI Geoforce GTX 980 /     I7-4790K Processor /    Asus Z97-A Motherboard /    G.Skill Trident X 16GB DDR3

#73 DC#1

DC#1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • LocationWalnut Grove,MN

Posted 14 March 2016 - 04:19 PM

Ian, I like that you removed the tree on 12. Much better view now. I really like how you made many of the greenside bunkers to slope in from 10-20 feet outside of the sand. I had 4-5 of those roll into the sand like that. I like the course very much . Well done.

• IanK likes this

#74 SimChars1968

SimChars1968

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationWest Sussex, United Kingdom

Posted 14 March 2016 - 09:14 PM

Hi Ian

Downloaded your course today. Just had a round and first impressions are very good indeed.

Well done.

SimChars1968

• IanK likes this

#75 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 11:56 AM

https://www.dropbox....ub (2).zip?dl=0

I've moved the fence on the 1st tee and lengthened the hole a little.

WWG1WGA

#76 olazaboll

olazaboll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 07:00 PM

Ian

Played around today , and changes looked good .... The Fecne looked better now and gives a classy framing on the first tee next to the classy clubhouse. Had a really good round scorewise on the move, but 10th bit be in the @$$ ... and I was thinking that I was glad that it was not 17th at Sawgrass ... so I had 8 more holes to make up ground ,,,, and then another "biting" at 18th ,,, :) enjoyable round as always with the seagaull watching the 18th green as always.

Are we approaching final release maybe ?

• IanK likes this

#77 Kimmer1947

Kimmer1947

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 11:46 PM

After a friend made me aware of this post, I proceeded to download this stunningly beautiful course.  I played my first round, and I must say this course has everything going for it.  From the great scenery, to the subtle changes in elevation, and the challenging greens all capped off with a simply marvelous finishing hole.  IanK....thank you for your creativity.

• IanK likes this

#78 luetze

luetze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 March 2016 - 07:34 AM

Played two rounds at Heritage Coast GC I have to say I really like the layout. It’s well done. Most holes are challenging but not unfair at any point. What I’m not too fond about though is the setting. For my taste it’s almost a bit too much and after the 4th hole I got more and more the feeling the surrounding does not really fit. A bit of an odd mix of parkland and seaside course. It seems you packed in everything at once with all the additional water hazards on top.  

Apart from that personal impression I have to say you have a great understanding of golf course design, IanK and I’m very curious to see what comes next. Downland is my favorite user generated course so far.

#79 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 09:14 AM

Played two rounds at Heritage Coast GC I have to say I really like the layout. It’s well done. Most holes are challenging but not unfair at any point. What I’m not too fond about though is the setting. For my taste it’s almost a bit too much and after the 4th hole I got more and more the feeling the surrounding does not really fit. A bit of an odd mix of parkland and seaside course. It seems you packed in everything at once with all the additional water hazards on top.  

Apart from that personal impression I have to say you have a great understanding of golf course design, IanK and I’m very curious to see what comes next. Downland is my favorite user generated course so far.

Thank for playing the course. The course is set in countryside very similar to where I live I'm afraid.
WWG1WGA

#80 cockneysteve

cockneysteve

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Locationhttps://t.me/pump_upp

Posted 21 March 2016 - 04:13 PM

I had downloaded this course but hadn`t had a chance to play it until last night.

First impressions look very good,especially considering this is only your second Course, and had no previous course design before PG.

The textures look nice, I liked the layout,especially the last two holes and my first round ran smoothly with good frame rate and no crashing issues.

I have visited Brighton many times and think that the design captures the area and looks very natural.

I shall try some more in depth rounds with varying conditions and give some further feedback,

Well done Ian,looks like another gem to go with Downland  :)

• IanK likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users