Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Conversation going on in HB Stuido forums for a lobby.

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#1 gerardfraser

gerardfraser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 04:13 AM

Copy and paste I made over at TGC forums.

My point is In the end it is not financially responsible for a company to add features of such a small fan base.

Lets face it The Golf Club has no players online ever,especially for a lobby that is viable to generate enough money to pay the developers.
Most ever online was 2 years ago 215 players.

Golf_club.jpg

For those who think the lobby is better for the perfect golf game.Stats do not lie.There lower than The Golf Club
perfect_Golf.jpg

#2 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 28 February 2016 - 08:39 AM

Considering PG already has a lobby i dont see the point here, its prob not viable for TGC to have one because... they don't yet have one...pg's is already in place, also the game is not released fully yet.

• Fairwayman and Mulligan like this

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#3 Mulligan

Mulligan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • LocationVirtual Private Network

Posted 28 February 2016 - 05:37 PM

Yup, what's the point? Hopefully not to start yet another complaining session. Let the TGC forum deal with that.

#4 DC#1

DC#1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • LocationWalnut Grove,MN

Posted 28 February 2016 - 07:22 PM

Hi Dog. Everybody still seems to forget the fact that this game is still in early access.

#5 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 07:54 PM

We have a lobby...

#6 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 28 February 2016 - 09:25 PM

We have a lobby...

We do, it's the 64W

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

• ☠InDaSkies☠ likes this

#7 ☠InDaSkies☠

☠InDaSkies☠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • LocationCedar Lake Indiana

Posted 03 March 2016 - 08:08 PM

The Golf Club? Oh yeah I used to play that game. Is that still around?

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit.
Silverstone ST1500 1500W ATX
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Editon
4x Kingston Digital HyperX Fury 240GB SSD Sata III HD's In Raid 0
1 TB HD for storage
Asus Rog Maximus VIII Extreme/Assembly Motherboard
4x16GB Corsair Dominator Series Memory
Intel Core i7 6700K 4.700.0 MHz Overlocked Quad Core Skylake Desktop Processor, Socket LGA 1151
Zalman Reserator XT External Water Cooling System GPU & CPU
1x LG WH10LS30 Blu-ray Burner
1x LG GGW-H20L Blu-Ray Player
HP ZR 30" Monitor 2560x1600 Resolution

#8 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 08:12 PM

The Golf Club? Oh yeah I used to play that game. Is that still around?

Dying a long slow death with infrequent and extremely minor updates and still with most of the same issues and feature requests that the customer base has been talking about for almost a year.

Although Merace still likes it...and I'm sure will remind me of that shortly...  All good..   :D

#9 JTee1

JTee1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 09:28 PM

The RTS swing was the knockout punch for TGC for my golfing pleasure. PG has from arcade to unbelievably realistic game play. My hats off to the Perfect Golf group.

• cajuncapgun, bortimus and Ricky Proffer like this

#10 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 03 March 2016 - 10:36 PM

PG had me hooked the first time I saw the ball launch off my club.  It's one of those things that you don't realize you're missing until you see it.

The ball flight in TGC looks cartoonish to me now in comparison.  But I WILL say... if they are ever able (or willing) to make the controller swing in that game MUCH more difficult than it is now it would still be fun to play.  It's got some good things going for it and I'd ultimately love to see them continue improving the game.

But PG is absolutely my go-to game right now.  The community is growing and I'm finding more and more great people to play with online.  OGT is doing an AMAZING job.  The future is bright!

• Ricky Proffer likes this

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#11 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 10:38 PM

... if they are ever able (or willing) to make the controller swing in that game MUCH more difficult than it is now it would still be fun to play. 

I used to be hopeful on this point, but I'm not convinced it will happen - Their developer refuses to listen to fundamentally disagrees with all the feedback coming in about the swing being too simplistic which is making the tee to green game rote, routine and boring.

Updated my original post after a direct conversation today (3/4/2016) with the TGC developer.

The long and short is that he agrees that tee to green needs more challenge, however disagrees with the concept of difficultly levels due to user base fragmentation concerns.  I expressed that I find difficulty levels absolutely essential to balance the challenge across physical skill levels, ages, input methods and desires for how you'd like the experience to be.  

It's unclear what will come of any of that.  Fragmentation of smaller user bases is a legitimate concern, but if the game becomes uninteresting to certain players in the pursuit of a one size fits all model, the objective has failed.

I did mention that the type of fragmentation that TGC currently has is you either "play TGC" or "it's boring and you don't".  I'd argue that fragmentation of players actually using the game is better than literally losing customers completely.

Edited by ___ buck ___, 04 March 2016 - 07:48 PM.

• nightowl likes this

#12 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 10:53 PM

I used to be hopeful on this point, but I'm not convinced it won't happen - Their developer refuses to listen to all the feedback coming in about the swing being too simplistic which is making the tee to green game rote, routine and boring.

TGC is perfect.  Nothing more to add. :)

#13 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 11:01 PM

TGC is perfect.  Nothing more to add. :)

You're right - How silly of me...  ;)

Clearly the boat has no holes despite so many passengers jumping off...

#14 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 03 March 2016 - 11:08 PM

You're right - How silly of me...  ;)

Clearly the boat has no holes despite so many passengers jumping off...

So that's what the T stands for in TGC.

Titanic.

#15 bortimus

bortimus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 12:41 AM

PG has from arcade to unbelievably realistic game play. My hats off to the Perfect Golf group.

+100 

I don't think enough can be said for the wealth of options available for different swing options and levels of players in this game.  And it's still being improved upon.

Kudos to the developers for making it so broadly accessible. 

• Ricky Proffer and JTee1 like this

#16 nightowl

nightowl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 01:04 AM

I used to be hopeful on this point, but I'm not convinced it won't happen - Their developer refuses to listen to all the feedback coming in about the swing being too simplistic which is making the tee to green game rote, routine and boring.

Unfortunately, the developer seems to have created a game in his own image:  inflexible.  For the life of me, I don't see how a game that LIMITS options will have wide appeal. But that's just me, I guess.

#17 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 04 March 2016 - 01:08 AM

Unfortunately, the developer seems to have created a game in his own image: inflexible. For the life of me, I don't see how a game that LIMITS options will have wide appeal. But that's just me, I guess.

He's an egotistical maniac if you ask me. He thinks he knows what people want even if it's different from what they say they want.

And I'll be the first to say that I've had my issues with Mike here but he's a class act. Anthony is over there stooping down to the level of the biggest instigator on the forums!

After seeing what I've seen on their forums... Much more respect for how Mike runs things here. MUCH MORE!
  • nightowl likes this

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#18 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 01:39 AM

Here's what TGC can't do.

As a simulator user, I love PG's multiplayer modes.  Tonight I played 2 rounds of team alternate shot.  Being on my simulator, I played from Member Tees.  The 3 RTS-M players played from Championship Tees.  We were all in OGT TS and just having a blast.  What great fun.

Btw, at the same time that we were playing, there were 3 other matches going on in OGT TS.  

• Fairwayman, mebby and JTee1 like this

#19 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 04:13 AM

All I will say is that I truly enjoy both games for what they have to offer. :)

-MERACE
  • Griz891, karma4u and RobV like this

#20 karma4u

karma4u

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 March 2016 - 07:55 AM

Grown men??..Not very mature.........

• Fairwayman likes this

Antec p100

i7@ 3.4..win 10-64bit..16gb ram..EVGA gtx970 FTW..4gb..ACX 2.0....Corsair HX750w & hydro cooler..

Gsync..2560x1440..144 hz..1ms 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users