Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Conversation going on in HB Stuido forums for a lobby.

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#21 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 07:51 PM

I updated my post #11 in this thread after a conversation with their developer today..

#22 Griz891

Griz891

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 12:50 AM

Both games have alot to offer. No game is reallife no matter how much you want to believe. Bashing each others games is a sign of immaturity for a population that is older and knows better. I play both games and enjoy whatever both games have to offer.

• Fairwayman, karma4u and RobV like this

#23 Leadbelly

Leadbelly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 02:37 PM

It's none of my affair, but some may want to be careful what they say you have a spy among you.

#24 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 05 March 2016 - 11:17 PM

Nice to see ADX321 has no concept of how the PG lobby works with his Perfect Golf Multiplayer Counts thread on their forum.

I think he is trying to show how little PG is played online but doesn't understand how the info is shown.

He starts off with:-

02/25/2016
4:25 EST
105 in lobby - 2 MP games

I think he is trying to show that while there are 105 in the lobby there are only 2 games. But what the above shows is that there 105 players signed in to PG and currently 2 games available to join. Any games that are currently in progress do not show in the lobby.

So, there is every possibility that there were already 30 games (or more) in progress and 2 still in pre-game out of the 105 players that were logged in.

• Fairwayman and cajuncapgun like this

#25 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 11:21 PM

@Daz:  Oh no...ADX understands completely.

Been a long argument over there around this exact point.

He's purposely misrepresenting what he's collecting in terms of data.

(to your point, he's grossly under representing actual usage of the lobby for *playing* multiplayer games)

He moved the goalposts around on this a few times and I'm not sure he initially understood that he was collecting the wrong data...but now that he does understand it is incorrect, he very much enjoys continuing to post the "games in formation #" in a way that appears that only that many MP games are actually in progress (which is obviously wildly incorrect, at all times)

If he was interested in real, useful data, he could make an effort to collect it - or - alter his original post to show clarity on what the numbers he is collecting actually truly represent (games in formation, not in progress)...

He does neither and just enjoys the deception (he hates PG)

(which has now been locked, to Mebby's point below)

#26 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 05 March 2016 - 11:27 PM

Nice to see ADX321 has no concept of how the PG lobby works with his Perfect Golf Multiplayer Counts thread on their forum.

I think he is trying to show how little PG is played online but doesn't understand how the info is shown.

He starts off with:-

02/25/2016
4:25 EST
105 in lobby - 2 MP games

I think he is trying to show that while there are 105 in the lobby there are only 2 games. But what the above shows is that there 105 players signed in to PG and currently 2 games available to join. Any games that are currently in progress do not show in the lobby.

So, there is every possibility that there were already 30 games (or more) in progress and 2 still in pre-game out of the 105 players that were logged in.

Yea... Buck and myself were trying to point out the level of BS in his posts. Things got ugly but we hung in there!

Is this the locked thread or did he start a new one??

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#27 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 11:30 PM

That whole MP count thread should have been locked and deleted right when it was made clear that he was incorrectly positioning the data he was collecting.

They don't moderate as well on that forum as they do on this one however.

#28 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 05 March 2016 - 11:31 PM

Yea... Buck and myself were trying to point out the level of BS in his posts. Things got ugly but we hung in there!

Is this the locked thread or did he start a new one??

The locked one.

I'm not registered over there anymore, just pop in occasionally to see what BS they are spewing about PG, lol. Might want to let him know that the "PG ball sliding on ice" will be a thing of the past in PG, will just be in TGC now, lol.

Andrew has posted they have cracked the logo/ball roll conundrum and have now got the logo rotating in time with roll of the ball. Result.

#29 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 01:16 AM

Yup.  The ball rolling with the logo looks great.  New Practice Mode is pretty cool.  

#30 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 06 March 2016 - 04:03 PM

Yup. The ball rolling with the logo looks great. New Practice Mode is pretty cool.

Yep, agree 100% on both.

New practice mode, once a few tweaks have been made, will be a most welcome added feature for lots of players. Opens up a whole new facet to practicing. Add in the on the fly wind speed and direction change option, it will be a great tool for developing your game and course management strategy.

#31 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 06 March 2016 - 04:21 PM

Yep, agree 100% on both.

New practice mode, once a few tweaks have been made, will be a most welcome added feature for lots of players. Opens up a whole new facet to practicing. Add in the on the fly wind speed and direction change option, it will be a great tool for developing your game and course management strategy.

OK - cats out of the bag fellas!!  What's up with this new practice mode??  I have a feeling me gonna LIKEY!

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#32 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 06 March 2016 - 04:33 PM

OK - cats out of the bag fellas!! What's up with this new practice mode?? I have a feeling me gonna LIKEY!

Will let you move ball around to any point on a course and practice from that position.
Pop-up window allows you to pick any hole to move to and also allows you to change wind direction and strength without having to leave the game.

Like the practice mode was in Links but with a few added functions (wind speed and direction changer).
  • cajuncapgun likes this

#33 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 06 March 2016 - 04:34 PM

Will let you move ball around to any point on a course and practice from that position.
Pop-up window allows you to pick any hole to move to and also allows you to change win direction and strength without having to leave the game.

Like the practice mode was in Links but with a few added functions (wind speed and direction changer).

Very nice! Thanks Daz

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#34 highfade

highfade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 06 March 2016 - 04:38 PM

I hit a full driver 136m into a 120km/h wind.

Intel Core i5-6600 CPU 3.3 GHz       Geforce GTX 1060        16GB  RAM       Windows 10 64 bit

Hazyview  (600m above sea level)    --   Nautilus Bay  (Revamp done)  --  Cape Fear  (TGC  adaptation)  --  Aloe Ridge  --  Nahoon Reef GC  --  Chambers Bay 

Abel's Crossing  --  Solitude Links GC

#35 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 06 March 2016 - 04:52 PM

I hit a full driver 136m into a 120km/h wind.

That sounds like Torrey Pines a few weeks back, lol.
  • highfade likes this

#36 AwYea

AwYea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 13 March 2016 - 11:27 AM

Just got into looking at the simulator stuff, sims that track only clubface compared to clubface and ball like skytrak. Been checking out different info on TGC and PG. If you wanted to get a cheaper simulator that just tracked the clubface the TGC has a lot to offer. It's a little expensive for the TGC membership, but still wroth considering. 

But...if you're looking at which one is going to offer up the most realistic experience. I don't see how anyone can close to competing without the real time physcis engine Perfect Golf has. I know the TGC has added trajectory data for their game on simulators, but it's still not real time physics based or am i wrong?

I've put this game through the ringer. Being a sim gamer this is the only sim game i have true life experience(played to a 2-4 HC most of my life) to really comment on.  I've seen discussions of real race drivers give comments on racing sims. Anyway, it' amazing what this game is doing under the hood. You're not going to beat this game for a long time to come. I'm talking 10/20 even 30 years down the road. I'm sure simulators/golf equipment will get better, but It also appears that they have a flawless fundamental programming core basis for this game, meaning it's not going to take a bunch of going back and re-writing code to make tweaks. I'm sure an update will come to improve graphics, but imo this game could easily holds it's own in that department for 10 yrs plus when you look at the jump in graphics of other games in the same time span.

Sorry for the long posts, but this game is that good, just trying to get the word out. JN should be very proud to have his name associated with this game. 

PG + OGT & MP = Golfing Bliss! 

Steam-ahhyeaa

#37 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 10:08 PM

Just got into looking at the simulator stuff, sims that track only clubface compared to clubface and ball like skytrak. Been checking out different info on TGC and PG. If you wanted to get a cheaper simulator that just tracked the clubface the TGC has a lot to offer. It's a little expensive for the TGC membership, but still wroth considering. 

But...if you're looking at which one is going to offer up the most realistic experience. I don't see how anyone can close to competing without the real time physcis engine Perfect Golf has. I know the TGC has added trajectory data for their game on simulators, but it's still not real time physics based or am i wrong?

It's real time but just not as good as PG IMO.  Read their forums and you will see issues with driver and iron carry yardages.  They also have an issue with wedges curving too much.

Also, the simulator that you mention is club based sensor that does not measure ball spin or spin axis.  It estimates those parameters based on the club you choose.  I used to think that was good enough but not any more.  It's ok if you just want to have fun playing a video game, but if you want serious improvements or club fitting, you want the GC2 launch monitor.  It measures ball spin and spin axis.  Skytrak is good too.

A used GC2 for $3500 plus $20 PG on Steam(beta) is a no brainer.  

#38 AwYea

AwYea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 14 March 2016 - 11:36 PM

It's real time but just not as good as PG IMO.  Read their forums and you will see issues with driver and iron carry yardages.  They also have an issue with wedges curving too much.

Also, the simulator that you mention is club based sensor that does not measure ball spin or spin axis.  It estimates those parameters based on the club you choose.  I used to think that was good enough but not any more.  It's ok if you just want to have fun playing a video game, but if you want serious improvements or club fitting, you want the GC2 launch monitor.  It measures ball spin and spin axis.  Skytrak is good too.

A used GC2 for $3500 plus $20 PG on Steam(beta) is a no brainer.  

Yea, the trajectory numbers that TGC is getting is real time, but when you hit the ball, the game has decided a canned response on where the ball is going to land. In PG the ball is hit and the finish position isn't decided till the ball comes to rest. I'm not an expert, but it seems TGC uses real time measurement, but no real time physics. 

I'm going with Skytrak with a net & good mat using the PC. It's going to take me a good 2 months or more to pull that off. I will read that thread because when i get my skytrak i'm sure i'll be messing more with TGC.

Steam-ahhyeaa

#39 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 11:53 PM

I'm going with Skytrak with a net & good mat using the PC. It's going to take me a good 2 months or more to pull that off. I will read that thread because when i get my skytrak i'm sure i'll be messing more with TGC.

Why not use PG with your Skytrak?

#40 AwYea

AwYea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 15 March 2016 - 12:05 AM

Why not use PG with your Skytrak?

I'm going to! I'll be using skytrak and PG 99% of the time, but i'm sure i will see how it works with TGC, especially since i already own it.

Steam-ahhyeaa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users