Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Conversation going on in HB Stuido forums for a lobby.

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#61 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 04:46 PM

Particularly annoying for many is that the developer claims the staff has been given time away to "reflect" and think about future progress for the game that they would like to see…

... Meanwhile the forum has correctly identified dozens of things over the last year that need fixing and addressing… No reflection is needed to know what to do next

#62 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 05:24 PM

Did they ever put downhill and uphill lie physics in?  I haven't played it in almost a year, so, was just wondering.

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#63 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 05:28 PM

Did they ever put downhill and uphill lie physics in?  I haven't played it in almost a year, so, was just wondering.

Not to my knowledge - Almost nothing about the core gameplay has really changed since you last played it from what I can gather.

If others have better info on that though, please chime in.

#64 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 05:45 PM

Not to my knowledge - Almost nothing about the core gameplay has really changed since you last played it from what I can gather.

If others have better info on that though, please chime in.

AFAIK, there is no uphill or downhill lie effect on the shots in TGC. For a short time in closed beta there was no sidehill lie effect on shots until it was pointed out to the development team.

I have not noticed uphill/downhill lie shot effects in PG. Is there any or is it understated like the wind effect on the ball?

-MERACE

#65 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 05:52 PM

I have not noticed uphill/downhill lie shot effects in PG. 

I absolutely notice this in PG (especially uphill lies)

#66 Bob5453

Bob5453

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationNear Dayton, Ohio

Posted 14 April 2016 - 05:55 PM

I don't think they have added anything noticeable or worth mentioning in the gameplay over the last year, they just seem to work on the GNCD stuff. They released the game too soon, then started immediately working on the console versions, then simulator version, then adding a career and then themes which they thought they were going to be able to sell individually and that seemed to backfire on them. Now they are trying to figure out what they can work on to create some income, totally understandable, but Anthony's no option thinking makes the game stale, IMO.

I found myself just playing the game to look at new courses as the gameplay eventually becomes robotic whether you are a good or an average player, every round feels and looks about the same. It was a great game for me, I'm not trying to knock it, I just needed a change.

• nightowl likes this

46sby3-5.png

#67 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 14 April 2016 - 06:05 PM

I don't think they have added anything noticeable or worth mentioning in the gameplay over the last year, they just seem to work on the GNCD stuff. They released the game too soon, then started immediately working on the console versions, then simulator version, then adding a career and then themes which they thought they were going to be able to sell individually and that seemed to backfire on them. Now they are trying to figure out what they can work on to create some income, totally understandable, but Anthony's no option thinking makes the game stale, IMO.

I found myself just playing the game to look at new courses as the gameplay eventually becomes robotic whether you are a good or an average player, every round feels and looks about the same. It was a great game for me, I'm not trying to knock it, I just needed a change.

You pretty much summed up how I feel about the gameplay. Every round feels the same. And if you want to score then learn the formula and turn it into a math game.

The courses though... I'm still impressed that those can be designed on a console.

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#68 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 08:15 PM

I have not noticed uphill/downhill lie shot effects in PG. Is there any or is it understated like the wind effect on the ball?

-MERACE

Uphill, downhill, and side hills are all working fine for me in PG.  As for the wind, it's also very close IMO.  But I play on the simulator.  If I balloon a shot, the wind takes it just like in real golf.  Perhaps ballooning a shot when using swing meter, MS, or RTS, is not easy to do?

#69 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 14 April 2016 - 08:28 PM

-MERACE

I have found distance and trajectory affected in PG by the lie, uphill and downhill.

I agree the wind might need a tweak in PG. When watching golf on TV the pros are always concerned with the breeze effect on the shot even at lower wind strength, but in game often 10mph wind seems to have next to no effect on shots.

#70 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 10:04 PM

-MERACE

Huh, I watch the uphill/downhill on every shot particularly around the greens.  It can drastically affect your shot.

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#71 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 15 April 2016 - 09:12 AM

I have well over a 1000 hrs in TGC, mostly designing but i played quite a bit too...The game was actually better during early access, it's childs play now and i don't see how the devs can be happy with it...and it's only when something like PG comes along do you see the flaws in TGC mechanics.  I have not played TGC in over a month now, and doubt i will ever play it again unless they shake things up, saying that...the devs there are too scared to upset those at TGCT with big changes, so i won't hold my breath,

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#72 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 15 April 2016 - 11:40 AM

I have well over a 1000 hrs in TGC, mostly designing but i played quite a bit too...The game was actually better during early access, it's childs play now and i don't see how the devs can be happy with it...and it's only when something like PG comes along do you see the flaws in TGC mechanics.  I have not played TGC in over a month now, and doubt i will ever play it again unless they shake things up, saying that...the devs there are too scared to upset those at TGCT with big changes, so i won't hold my breath,

If they'd simply open up their minds to having difficulty levels then they could solve most of their issues without upsetting those that enjoy the game as it plays currently.

But Anthony seems dead set against this idea even though the forum members seem to all be asking for it.

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#73 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 06:18 PM

I'll bet HB are working hard on adding all kinds of features.  Maybe they are just being secretive at the moment?

#74 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 15 April 2016 - 06:47 PM

I'll bet HB are working hard on adding all kinds of features.  Maybe they are just being secretive at the moment?

I honestly hope that they are.  It would be great to have another fun golf game to play.  I used to think TGC was awesome... until I played PG.

But I still think there are PLENTY of things PG can learn from TGC and vice versa.  Or better yet, I'd be perfectly content taking EA's graphics/presentation and pulling in everything else (and I mean everything - game modes, physics, designer, etc) from PG.  It would be bliss!

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#75 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 06:51 PM

Just 7 more weeks until we find out....apparently.

I'm honestly not sure of the point of being "secretive" quite frankly.  PG is its own thing and Rory is launched and is what it is (and has sensational graphics by the way)...

Who is TGC keeping the "Secret" from?  

All I can think is that they might be announcing TGC 2 and would like to milk a couple more months of revenue on TGC 1 from unsuspecting buyers (buying the old game..not knowing a new one is about to come along).

Sure hope they throw a bone to any buyers that would fall into such a trap.. (if there even is a TGC 2 of course)

#76 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 07:17 PM

All I can think is that they might be announcing TGC 2 and would like to milk a couple more months of revenue on TGC 1 from unsuspecting buyers (buying the old game..not knowing a new one is about to come along).

Sure hope they throw a bone to any buyers that would fall into such a trap.. (if there even is a TGC 2 of course)

Anthony has stated previously that if there is a TGC 2 that it would not be released this year.  So what is wrong with an "unsuspecting buyer" buying the old game (TGC) this year and enjoying it for what it's worth?

-MERACE

#77 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 07:18 PM

Anthony has stated previously that if there is a TGC 2 that it would not be released this year. So what is wrong with an "unsuspecting buyer" buying the old game (TGC) this year and enjoying it for what it's worth?

-MERACE

There's of course nothing wrong with that…

I had no idea Anthony had said that (no TGC 2 this year...if at all)
It's almost impossible to keep track of what his current stance is.

He flip-flops almost weekly on what's next.

#78 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 07:22 PM

He flip-flops almost weekly on what's next.

I wouldn't necessarily call it "flip-flops" since the future of the game is in a bit of a flux. 

-MERACE

#79 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 07:24 PM

I wouldn't necessarily call it "flip-flops" since the future of the game is in a bit of a flux.

-MERACE

What do you mean when you say "the future is in flux"?

Do you have a read on what they will do?

Hard to believe a lobby will come - Or difficulty levels...

Not sure how they can possibly retain the "one swing for all" while still pleasing people at all ends of the spectrum.

#80 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 15 April 2016 - 08:27 PM

Until HB deal with the simplistic tee to green gameplay and introduce a more varied and realistic style of play then I can't see me returning to TGC. With AK's 'one size for all/no levels' policy, HB are severely restricted in what they can do and so we will have to wait for a new game release to see any major improvements. They can't be added as updates to TGC as they would cause uproar with players that are happy with the way it is now. I think this policy has been instrumental in curtailing gameplay development since day 1 and will continue to be so for the life of the game. It is why the main focus for improvement has always been with the excellent course designer.... the problem for me is that the gameplay eventually felt stale and repetitive and I had no desire to play unrealistic courses to combat this. Without interesting gameplay there was just no reason to continue designing courses to play. I haven't even bothered checking out the improvements they made to GNCD in the last couple of updates. It's a shame because I love the designer on TGC far more than any others I've used, but what's the point when the gameplay is just not up to the same standard for me.

• MERACE likes this
life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users