#21 AwYea

AwYea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 06 March 2016 - 03:18 PM

Just 1 final thing about a split among control types/difficulties. It's just the way it is without just 1 control type difficulty and ending up in the ozone with handicaps. There is no way to mix and match control types/difficulties in PG imo, nor should it.

Competitive play should strickly be based on control type and difficulty. You have 2 groups people who when playing competitively. Some want real/sim during competition and some want to crush the competition regardless of scores/control types. PG offers plenty for people to have at it. The bottom line is drawing #'s more than anything to close the divide. That's why Anarchy Rules!

PS, handicaps are a very good idea for people who want to join CC's.

• Golden Bear likes this

PG + OGT & MP = Golfing Bliss! 

Steam-ahhyeaa

#22 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 03:21 PM

Hopefully one day while playing TP RTS-M or Sim Tours the actual PGA players scores will populate our leader boards in real time as we play along on the same courses. This would be awesome especially for the GC2 simulator players. Possibly even viewing their shots in the game. This would be a premier league that i would pay for.

How about OGT shot tracker?   ;)

#23 AwYea

AwYea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 06 March 2016 - 03:23 PM

How about OGT shot tracker? 

Lol, no clue. Will never have money to experience that. Handicaps are very good(see PS above) for county clubs and club tournaments.

Steam-ahhyeaa

#24 Golden Bear

Golden Bear

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 03:26 PM

"Just 1 final thing about a split among control types/difficulties. It's just the way it is without just 1 control type difficulty and ending up in the ozone with handicaps. There is no way to mix and match control types/difficulties in PG imo, nor should it."

Finally someone with basic common sense who can see the obvious.  Great post

#25 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 03:31 PM

Lol, no clue. Will never have money to experience that. Handicaps are very good(see PS above) for county clubs and club tournaments.

I was referring to something similar to the PGA sites shot link or tracker.  Where you can follow somebody's shots from tee to cup on a map of a hole.

• AwYea and frank70 like this

#26 AwYea

AwYea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 06 March 2016 - 03:32 PM

Just to be clear, i'm not talking about people joining CC's in the real. PG, sites whatever should offer tournament play and CC's & club tournaments and people still use whatever that floats their boat in both, but they can change schemes/control types constantly and there would have to be some limit on that.

Steam-ahhyeaa

#27 AwYea

AwYea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 06 March 2016 - 03:33 PM

I was referring to something similar to the PGA sites shot link or tracker.  Where you can follow somebody's shots from tee to cup on a map of a hole.

Yea, would really like that. I like it more if they did it more during real events like they use too.

Steam-ahhyeaa

#28 AwYea

AwYea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 06 March 2016 - 03:37 PM

I"ll post my above agian in case i came off wrong.

Just to be clear, i'm not talking about people joining CC's in the real. PG, sites whatever should offer tournament play and CC's and club tournaments and people still use whatever that floats their boat in both, but they can change schemes/control types constantly and there would have to be some limit on that.

Steam-ahhyeaa

#29 Golden Bear

Golden Bear

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 03:40 PM

At this point the choice is clear.  The game name should be changed to Perfect Swing Type as many are more concerned about the swings than the game itself.

#30 AwYea

AwYea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 06 March 2016 - 03:43 PM

One last time...Just to be clear, i'm not talking about people joining CC's in the real. PG, sites whatever should offer tournament play and CC's and club tournaments and people still use whatever that floats their boat in both, but they can change schemes/control types constantly and there would have to be some limit on that.

Steam-ahhyeaa

#31 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 06 March 2016 - 03:44 PM

At this point the choice is clear.  The game name should be changed to Perfect Swing Type as many are more concerned about the swings than the game itself.

I don't see it that way at all!  The reason we have options is so that people can find the swing type that brings them the most enjoyment!  

Is your concern that all this talk of one swing versus another will divide the community in such a way that tournament fields are very small because each swing type has its own tournament or is there another concern?  

I'm not understanding why some get so upset about discussions leading to segregation so my question is purely out of curiosity...

• frank70 likes this

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#32 JTee1

JTee1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 04:32 PM

How about OGT shot tracker?   ;)

Here's as close as i can get PGA live on other monitor. LOL Sorry i'm off topic

20160306_111237_zpsqssxd6rp.jpg

• Golden Bear likes this

#33 Golden Bear

Golden Bear

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 04:46 PM

I don't see it that way at all!  The reason we have options is so that people can find the swing type that brings them the most enjoyment!  

Is your concern that all this talk of one swing versus another will divide the community in such a way that tournament fields are very small because each swing type has its own tournament or is there another concern?  

I'm not understanding why some get so upset about discussions leading to segregation so my question is purely out of curiosity...

First players asked for the option in multiplayer rounds to set a particular difficulty that all were forced to use.  Next (as in currently being requested) players are asking for the option to force swing types in multiplayer rounds.  Now comes someone asking for the option to force all in multiplayer rounds to have no bli or putting grids.  

In tournaments I have no issue how much people want to slice and dice up the fields into ever thinning pools of players.  But multiplayer games are for those who are not concerned with scores but are there purely for the enjoyment of playing some rounds with some social interaction.  My concern is already duly noted by some others.  That concern is that the multiplayer lobby is already becoming too thinned out in trying to get rounds started.

The difficulty settings were the sole intended target to match up the gameplay for those who want such things.  Now a select few want to add swing types and no bli or grids from the players tab to the round set up options.  So what I mused about in another post is not so unlikely an option to be asked for as well.  That option would be gaming or normal mouse enforcement.  After all...a gaming mouse clearly has an advantage with dpi settings over a good ole fashioned 2 button one. 

Please keep all the nitpicking and constant worry about anyone possibly having the slightest advantage (gasp) over someone else via the options being asked for now where they belong.  They belong for those who are ultra competitive and enjoy the tournaments.  If no one was this competitive these latest requests would have never seen the light of day.  

I repeat, difficulty settings is all that is ever needed in multiplayer rounds for those who want a level playing field.  For those who enjoy the tournaments I am happy for them.  Just please keep this highly competitive nature in those tournaments where it belongs.

#34 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 06 March 2016 - 05:06 PM

First players asked for the option in multiplayer rounds to set a particular difficulty that all were forced to use.  Next (as in currently being requested) players are asking for the option to force swing types in multiplayer rounds.  Now comes someone asking for the option to force all in multiplayer rounds to have no bli or putting grids.  

In tournaments I have no issue how much people want to slice and dice up the fields into ever thinning pools of players.  But multiplayer games are for those who are not concerned with scores but are there purely for the enjoyment of playing some rounds with some social interaction.  My concern is already duly noted by some others.  That concern is that the multiplayer lobby is already becoming too thinned out in trying to get rounds started.

The difficulty settings were the sole intended target to match up the gameplay for those who want such things.  Now a select few want to add swing types and no bli or grids from the players tab to the round set up options.  So what I mused about in another post is not so unlikely an option to be asked for as well.  That option would be gaming or normal mouse enforcement.  After all...a gaming mouse clearly has an advantage with dpi settings over a good ole fashioned 2 button one. 

Please keep all the nitpicking and constant worry about anyone possibly having the slightest advantage (gasp) over someone else via the options being asked for now where they belong.  They belong for those who are ultra competitive and enjoy the tournaments.  If no one was this competitive these latest requests would have never seen the light of day.  

I repeat, difficulty settings is all that is ever needed in multiplayer rounds for those who want a level playing field.  For those who enjoy the tournaments I am happy for them.  Just please keep this highly competitive nature in those tournaments where it belongs.

No one is proposing that ALL multiplayer rounds be FORCED to do anything.  I'm simply suggesting adding the OPTION of setting these conditions for multiplayer and tournament setup.  Why shouldn't someone be able to setup their rounds in the way they want to?  Why shouldn't someone have the option of not joining a round if they don't like how the creator has set it up?  And why is any of this alienating or segregating anyone?

• Justin9926, JTee1 and tlvx like this

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#35 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 06 March 2016 - 05:10 PM

Further - I think the establishment of Country Clubs will help like-minded players find other to play with on a regular basis.  So imagine if a Country Club were setup for players that prefer playing without the use of certain (or all) assist... it would be very helpful to then have the option of setting up rounds that force those joining to play using the same settings.

But based on your reaction to this topic in general I would also guess that you might be against the idea of Country Clubs as well?  These are the ultimate of segregating the player pool by the very definition!

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#36 Golden Bear

Golden Bear

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 05:23 PM

Further - I think the establishment of Country Clubs will help like-minded players find other to play with on a regular basis.  So imagine if a Country Club were setup for players that prefer playing without the use of certain (or all) assist... it would be very helpful to then have the option of setting up rounds that force those joining to play using the same settings.

But based on your reaction to this topic in general I would also guess that you might be against the idea of Country Clubs as well?  These are the ultimate of segregating the player pool by the very definition!

Please read my newest post in the "Set aids/assists" thread.

Mebby, I put forth a lot of effort trying to explain my viewpoint to you and was cordial about it.  There is no need to become smarmy with the Country Clubs comment.  I myself ran my own group in other golf games.  But there was no sillyness like example "we use no bli's in our group" type stuff.  It was simply a group were friends all hooked up to play whatever settings they enjoyed.

I in all my life have never witnessed so much worry about these things.  It will continue to baffle me.  

#37 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 06 March 2016 - 05:27 PM

Please read my newest post in the "Set aids/assists" thread.

Mebby, I put forth a lot of effort trying to explain my viewpoint to you and was cordial about it.  There is no need to become smarmy with the Country Clubs comment.  I myself ran my own group in other golf games.  But there was no sillyness like example "we use no bli's in our group" type stuff.  It was simply a group were friends all hooked up to play whatever settings they enjoyed.

I in all my life have never witnessed so much worry about these things.  It will continue to baffle me.  

Yea - I responded over there and you did explain yourself well.  I agreed.  I honestly wasn't trying to be negative in any way in my comment above.  I was really just trying to understand your viewpoint.  That's the problem with the internet sometimes - it's far too easy to misread someone's tone.  

Sorry for the misunderstanding.  If I'm ever truly trying to be a prick I'll let you know!   :D

• Golden Bear likes this

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#38 Golden Bear

Golden Bear

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 05:29 PM

No one is proposing that ALL multiplayer rounds be FORCED to do anything.  I'm simply suggesting adding the OPTION of setting these conditions for multiplayer and tournament setup.  Why shouldn't someone be able to setup their rounds in the way they want to?  Why shouldn't someone have the option of not joining a round if they don't like how the creator has set it up?  And why is any of this alienating or segregating anyone?

When an OPTION is added to game set ups, those who want to join it are FORCED to use it.  Hence like I keep trying to explain, it "will" thin out the lobby.  Mebby, you seem to be getting a little disgruntled with me.  That is not my intention.  I can not more clearly state the inevitable than I already have in my last few posts on this subject.  So to continue back and forth I see no more purpose for on this subject.  Peace

#39 Golden Bear

Golden Bear

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 05:30 PM

Yea - I responded over there and you did explain yourself well.  I agreed.  I honestly wasn't trying to be negative in any way in my comment above.  I was really just trying to understand your viewpoint.  That's the problem with the internet sometimes - it's far too easy to misread someone's tone.  

Sorry for the misunderstanding.  If I'm ever truly trying to be a prick I'll let you know!   :D

We are playing message tag, haha.  i just sent another one as you were over there, LOL.  I am glad you are not peeved off at me.  i enjoy the interaction and debate in this forum with you (without assists).  :P

• mebby likes this

#40 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 06 March 2016 - 05:32 PM

When an OPTION is added to game set ups, those who want to join it are FORCED to use it.  Hence like I keep trying to explain, it "will" thin out the lobby.  Mebby, you seem to be getting a little disgruntled with me.  That is not my intention.  I can not more clearly state the inevitable than I already have in my last few posts on this subject.  So to continue back and forth I see no more purpose for on this subject.  Peace

Haha... wow.  We keep circling each other and it's getting worse when I'm trying to make it better!  I AGREE with you and I now see your point.  We're on the same page brother!

I honestly wasn't getting disgruntled in the least... just trying to discuss the topic to get better insight into your views which I now understand and agree with (at least 90%)!

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users