#41 karma4u

karma4u

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 June 2014 - 11:32 PM

I think England has a pretty good squad this time around. Gotta agree Gerrard is a little old and Rooney???????well...Argentina, IMO should be the class. However, still have some hope for the lions.

Antec p100

i7@ 3.4..win 10-64bit..16gb ram..EVGA gtx970 FTW..4gb..ACX 2.0....Corsair HX750w & hydro cooler..

Gsync..2560x1440..144 hz..1ms 

#42 fungolfer

fungolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 06:35 PM

Watch out, the Mueller is out :D

Who cares...

#43 LasseThid

LasseThid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationMölndal, Sweden

Posted 16 June 2014 - 08:06 PM

"Watch out, the Mueller is out  :D"

Even better is that Pepe is out, hopefully for the rest of the championship!

The early game today Portugal vs Germany, for was like choosing between the plague and cholera.

I really dislike the Germans since that disgraceful scoreless game vs Austria and for Schumachers attack on Batistone in the European Championships (waaay back in the 80's).

Portugal, Pepe the Pig and Christina the Crybaby... Do I need to say more? 

When it comes to the World Cup, I think Holland will win it.

• fungolfer likes this

Mobo: Asus Sabertooth P67 CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H60 RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR 3 1600 MHz 8GB GPU: MSI GeForce 970 GTX Gaming 4G Sound: Creative Soundblaster Extreme Gamer SSD: OCZ Agility 3 64GB HDD: 1x 2TB, 1x 1TB, 1x 320 GB Western Digital PSU: Corsair CX 600W Chassi: Thermaltake Aguila

#44 fungolfer

fungolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 07:00 AM

I agree, Schumacher and the 82 WC really are bad memories and no1 should be proud of it. Both have been in the same Tourney. Today both are friends as Schumacher visited him in the hospital. I just think he had a bad black out in that scene. Like I said, nothing to be proud of, but that was long ago and the actual team isn't known as a unfair team.

As for Holland, I'm not sure. Whenever they started good they failed in the quarterfinals. I love to watch the dutch Team but I remember the EC 2008 when Holland and Russia were the best teams in the group matches and then they lost their quarter finals. But it would be time for Holland to win the WC, I could really live with them as champions.

Who cares...

#45 LasseThid

LasseThid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationMölndal, Sweden

Posted 17 June 2014 - 07:52 PM

Award for the best hair-do in the WC goes to: Marouane Fellaini, Belgium

The man who gave the microphone hair-do a face...

• fungolfer likes this

Mobo: Asus Sabertooth P67 CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H60 RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR 3 1600 MHz 8GB GPU: MSI GeForce 970 GTX Gaming 4G Sound: Creative Soundblaster Extreme Gamer SSD: OCZ Agility 3 64GB HDD: 1x 2TB, 1x 1TB, 1x 320 GB Western Digital PSU: Corsair CX 600W Chassi: Thermaltake Aguila

#46 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:27 AM

Fellaini always had that kind of hair in the PL, Lasse. Glad to see him shine (a bit), though - he had a horrible year at MU, but seing what he is capable of doing when in full song at Everton, I think quite highly of him. Wonder if Van Gaal can make him bloom again and energize him into a more sensible haircut.

Meanwhile, Brazil played their second round game, tried to steal another penalty with a horrible dive and generally appear to lack any sort of strategy or energy beyond poking the ball to Neymar and let the kid sort it out somehow. They need to do better if they want to last in this tourney. 

Overall, this World Cup is coming around nicely and presents itself as a truly pitiful collection of utterly tasteless underarm tattoos. Uuurgh, young men, these days.... frightfully keen to be so special and ending up uniquely pathetic in the process.

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#47 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:56 AM

Yes, the underarm tattoos have been standing out to me too.

At least on women it's a good advance signal they've got low S.E.

#48 fran21356

fran21356

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:39 PM

Brazil defeating Argentina 2-1 in the final.

#49 fungolfer

fungolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:35 PM

Brazil defeating Argentina 2-1 in the final.

Nah, Brazil won't make the finals I think. No idea about Argentina, didn't see them yet, but Brazil has a Major Midfield problem and that will cause them the finals I think.

The Champion is out, now that's a big surprise for me!

Who cares...

#50 fran21356

fran21356

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 18 June 2014 - 11:39 PM

Yea, Spain was sloppy, sloppy, sloppy! And having David Costa on the field was a huge mistake. He looked disinterested. Brazil didn't look like world beaters yesterday. Can the Netherlands and Germany hold up in the Amazon heat? They've been the most impressive teams so far but I think it'll be the South Americans that are there at the end.

#51 fran21356

fran21356

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 19 June 2014 - 07:45 PM

Sorry, I meant Diego Costa of course.

#52 fungolfer

fungolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 08:53 PM

Good bye England. No idea why they fail in every big tournament. Great players but no team I think...

Who cares...

#53 fran21356

fran21356

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 19 June 2014 - 11:54 PM

I thought England had their work cut out for them this time around with tropicl conditions in the Amazon jungle. It's a tough obstacle for any Northern European team to overcome.

#54 Mav78

Mav78

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationNewport, Wales

Posted 20 June 2014 - 04:20 AM

worst prediction ever, cant see past germany now

#55 Barry

Barry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationNorth London

Posted 20 June 2014 - 05:29 PM

We went out because we have what I think is one of the worst back fours in the tournament, Just all over the place.

Like they said after the match if an attacker can see the your number he's got you where he wants you and Jagielka did not have a clue where Suarez was for the first goal and the second goal was just comedy defending

#56 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:07 PM

Gerrard is copping loads of flak for Uruguay's winner, but Jagielka's positioning was shocking. Suarez was already anticipating a flick on and on his way well before it came of Gerrard's head, whereas our centre half's were just ball watching. Had it have been flicked on by Cavani, he would have probably been flagged offside, but it didn't.

Not trying to deflect any criticism off Gerrard (with him being LFC) as IMO he has been below his best in this tournament, but his misjudged header was one moment in the game, that cost a goal. It wasn't the sole reason we lost the match.

Rooney shot straight at the keeper from 5 yards, where any top striker would have placed it either side of him instead of just going for power. He also missed a sitter against Italy with the goal gaping, again opting for power instead of placement.

It's like when teams blame the last game of the season for getting relegated, forgetting the other 37 that have gone before. same in a football match, it's always the last costly error that folks remember and forget all the others.

#57 fungolfer

fungolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:00 PM

I still think England has no Teamspirit. Seems like every player is playing and fighting for himself. If one of the defense players has a problem no1 is going to help. Midfoelders trying to pass the ball to the offense, but no1 is going into the free area of the field. Thats the main problem I think, at least it was this year as I saw it in both games. There are real Teams like Costa Rica. If any1 has a problem 2 others are fighting for him. Thats the key to win matches and Championships.

Who cares...

#58 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 12:18 PM

Agonizing loss last night for CHE with their header hitting the goalpost and just missing on the rebound, with mere seconds left. 

#59 fungolfer

fungolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 10:01 PM

Impressive 1st semi final :)

That was by far the worse brazilian soccer team in history of the world cup.

Who cares...

#60 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 01:59 AM

So that means 0-0 for Argentina/Netherlands and a long penalty shootout until someone accidentally scores, to avoid embarrassment in the final?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users