63 replies to this topic

#61 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:45 AM

Wow! The Cariocas had it coming and it could be expected that their luck would run out some time, but this was brutal! And sweet! And just tremendously well played football by 50% of the players taking part.

Check this out!

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#62 LasseThid

LasseThid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationMölndal, Sweden

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:40 PM

I wonder what drugs the brazilians took before the game...

Their defending in the first 30 minutes was worse than a team of ten year olds.

After they conceeded the second goal it looked like nobody wanted the ball, they just kicked it to someone else or gave it to the nearest german player.

I just hope that Holland open up a similar can off whupass on Argentina.

Mobo: Asus Sabertooth P67 CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H60 RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR 3 1600 MHz 8GB GPU: MSI GeForce 970 GTX Gaming 4G Sound: Creative Soundblaster Extreme Gamer SSD: OCZ Agility 3 64GB HDD: 1x 2TB, 1x 1TB, 1x 320 GB Western Digital PSU: Corsair CX 600W Chassi: Thermaltake Aguila

#63 fran21356

fran21356

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 10 July 2014 - 11:19 PM

The Netherlands deserved better. They pressed Argentina for a goal for the last 40 minutes of that game. Having said that, I like both of  those teams and had no rooting interest in the game other than to wish for a well played match. I hate penalty kicks! That's like deciding the NBA champioship on foul throws or the Super bowl on field goal kicks or the World Series on a home run hitting contest. It doesn't tell us who the better team is. I'm a huge Lionel Messi fan but I'm of German descent so I'll root both teams on on Sunday. Play well.

#64 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 08:42 AM

Penalty shootouts - it's the strongest that crack least under the intense pressure they bring, so I believe the perfect decider. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users