• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 mathia14

mathia14

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 12:04 PM

Will be able to play?  It was supposed to be released last winter.  What's up???

#2 LasseThid

LasseThid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationMölndal, Sweden

Posted 29 June 2014 - 12:17 PM

I'd say we're about six months away from a playable game (beta version). That's a guesstimate on my part though.

They have a very early alpha availble to a select few (mainly betatesters of the Course Forge I think).

The game has been delayed since the guys needed to find a way to generate revenue to finance the development of the game since the kickstarter failed. Their priorities have been their broadcast suite and the simulator part that the game will be based upon.

Mobo: Asus Sabertooth P67 CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H60 RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR 3 1600 MHz 8GB GPU: MSI GeForce 970 GTX Gaming 4G Sound: Creative Soundblaster Extreme Gamer SSD: OCZ Agility 3 64GB HDD: 1x 2TB, 1x 1TB, 1x 320 GB Western Digital PSU: Corsair CX 600W Chassi: Thermaltake Aguila

#3 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 June 2014 - 03:59 PM

Yup what he said.  

The simulator version is nearing release that is the good news, which means that all the components of the golf game required for the Sim are complete.  Once released we will be moving on to the PC Game specific items.  We really really want to get it out this year. 

• Ron Piskorik, Davefevs, Keith and 5 others like this

#4 Volker

Volker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationSehnde, Germany

Posted 30 June 2014 - 06:31 PM

These are great news, Andrew. Can´t wait to play the game and try to create something with CF. :)

#5 truckerkills

truckerkills

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 30 June 2014 - 10:19 PM

Sounds good, Thanks

#6 ☠InDaSkies☠

☠InDaSkies☠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • LocationCedar Lake Indiana

Posted 30 June 2014 - 11:33 PM

Better then no news.

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit.
Silverstone ST1500 1500W ATX
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Editon
4x Kingston Digital HyperX Fury 240GB SSD Sata III HD's In Raid 0
1 TB HD for storage
Asus Rog Maximus VIII Extreme/Assembly Motherboard
4x16GB Corsair Dominator Series Memory
Intel Core i7 6700K 4.700.0 MHz Overlocked Quad Core Skylake Desktop Processor, Socket LGA 1151
Zalman Reserator XT External Water Cooling System GPU & CPU
1x LG WH10LS30 Blu-ray Burner
1x LG GGW-H20L Blu-Ray Player
HP ZR 30" Monitor 2560x1600 Resolution

#7 ☠InDaSkies☠

☠InDaSkies☠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • LocationCedar Lake Indiana

Posted 30 June 2014 - 11:36 PM

LasseThid do you work for PP?

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit.
Silverstone ST1500 1500W ATX
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Editon
4x Kingston Digital HyperX Fury 240GB SSD Sata III HD's In Raid 0
1 TB HD for storage
Asus Rog Maximus VIII Extreme/Assembly Motherboard
4x16GB Corsair Dominator Series Memory
Intel Core i7 6700K 4.700.0 MHz Overlocked Quad Core Skylake Desktop Processor, Socket LGA 1151
Zalman Reserator XT External Water Cooling System GPU & CPU
1x LG WH10LS30 Blu-ray Burner
1x LG GGW-H20L Blu-Ray Player
HP ZR 30" Monitor 2560x1600 Resolution

#8 LasseThid

LasseThid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationMölndal, Sweden

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:16 AM

No, I don't work for PP. I'm just a patient guy waiting for a new golf game.

My guess was based on what I've picked up by reading most of the posts here, but a bit of luck was involved too, as at first I wrote it would be a year until we'd see a playable version. I then realized that with the early alpha out and the sim part almost done perhaps six months would be a better time frame...  :D 

Mobo: Asus Sabertooth P67 CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H60 RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR 3 1600 MHz 8GB GPU: MSI GeForce 970 GTX Gaming 4G Sound: Creative Soundblaster Extreme Gamer SSD: OCZ Agility 3 64GB HDD: 1x 2TB, 1x 1TB, 1x 320 GB Western Digital PSU: Corsair CX 600W Chassi: Thermaltake Aguila

#9 iangreasby

iangreasby

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:06 PM

On the basis that the game was probably going to be released early this year I now sense that "we really want to get it out this year" is sounding more hopeful than realistic.   Sadly I am now thinking that we are still 12 months away.

#10 Mav78

Mav78

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationNewport, Wales

Posted 02 July 2014 - 08:40 PM

getting closer! :D

#11 noelw1969

noelw1969

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationStafford, UK

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:37 PM

Its safe to say that most will have lost interest by the time this is released. I already have.

• DaShotShapa likes this

#12 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:00 PM

Its safe to say that most will have lost interest by the time this is released. I already have.

So you came back to post because?

• Tigers Agent and Davefevs like this

#13 olazaboll

olazaboll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:00 PM

I love the fact that I then will be part of a minority   :D

• Tigers Agent and Davefevs like this

#14 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts
  • LocationWest End, Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:10 PM

Strange. I'm getting even MORE excited.

#15 GolferMike

GolferMike

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 03:45 PM

From what you see and read here maybe next year sometime. Lets hope its worth the waite???

#16 noelw1969

noelw1969

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationStafford, UK

Posted 04 July 2014 - 03:58 PM

So you came back to post because?

Because, like others, I am trying to get some idea on when we might expect a release. The near future holds possibilities for several games but EA now have their hat back in the ring and PP seems to have lost interest in finishing this game.

Don't think for a second that just because I am fed up to the back teeth of waiting for this game to be released that I won't be keeping up on things. I am also keeping up on EA and on Winning Putt. My bet is that EA will plug this hole again before anyone else can get their act together.

• DaShotShapa likes this

#17 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 04 July 2014 - 07:58 PM

Because, like others, I am trying to get some idea on when we might expect a release. The near future holds possibilities for several games but EA now have their hat back in the ring and PP seems to have lost interest in finishing this game.

Don't think for a second that just because I am fed up to the back teeth of waiting for this game to be released that I won't be keeping up on things. I am also keeping up on EA and on Winning Putt. My bet is that EA will plug this hole again before anyone else can get their act together.

Well your opening paragraph shows that you are not reading the other threads around here, otherwise you would know that PP have far from lost interest in finishing the game.

Also, you didn't say you were fed up, you said you had lost interest in this project, which is why I asked why you had bothered to come back and post about something you had lost interest in.

#18 alantoft

alantoft

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationDerbyshire, England

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:08 PM

Lack of information is the only thing that will kill PPG.

The number of people that have left this forum in the last year is surely not good for the success of PPG.

I want to see this golf sim succeed and, from a personnel point of view, give me a another challenge to design courses.

Unfortunately in my advancing years I am doubting I will be given the chance.

#19 Stephen Sullivan

Stephen Sullivan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • LocationWorksop, Nottinghamshire

Posted 05 July 2014 - 05:34 AM

I love the fact that I then will be part of a minority   :D

As a long time Powerstroker, I am used to being part of a minority  ;)

Posted Image

#20 Guest_Nemesis_*

Guest_Nemesis_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2014 - 02:39 AM

So why "Daz" do you find it necessary to go after Noel?  YOU have no financial investment in this company nor are you a contributor in anyway other than the failed Kickstarter.

I guess just because you like to argue with anyone, eh?  Noel is a long time PC golfer, just like the rest of us, HE is respected among those of us around the world who have respectable behavior during game play. (game play reitereated to mitigate your quip)  :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users