#21 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 04:51 AM

Sage, whoooaa...  go easy lol..

I have no doubt Noel is what you claim, and by his own admission, he's also fed up waiting. Many of us are, but that's what's often needed.

Daz is actually contributing as a beta tester for those here at PP. So, as a contributor, he certainly does have an interest lol.

As for how long this game may take... pop in here as often as you please. Currently, it's July and quite warm and pleasant outside my window. My clubs are in my garage should I wish to slice a ball or two...  all being well, over the coming months ahead when the weather changes, we'll see our mouses get some action....

#22 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 07:58 AM

Patience.jpg

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#23 Davefevs

Davefevs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 06 July 2014 - 08:55 AM

It's not like this game will be the first software development to arrive later than we were told / hoped. Will we buy it? Each of us will choose based on our own set of criteria. For some that will be yes, for others no.

The forums here are for us to discuss. The more people posting the more interest IMHO....even if they say they aren't! That's not aimed at you Noel....there are quite a few expressing similar views.

We all want this game, some want it now. I want it now, but not unfinished.

The longer PP take the longer I delay my pc replacement....and save a few £ to get as decent a spec as possible!!

#24 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:24 PM

noelw1969, former TWO royalty and omnipresent on the top of all their leaderboards, now without a realm to rule, has also voiced his opinion about the "other" golf game on their Forums. To read up on it, click here

Always very entertaining reads to be had over there, where skeptics and fanboys clash with abandon. Birthing pains everywhere... And for the record, from looking at a few hours of TGC gameplay videos, I tend to agree with noel's views, TGC strikes me as a somewhat dumbed down, aseptic interpretation of minimal golf (I would have bought and played it, but HBS does not do Mac...).

PG should do better, I think, both in graphics quality, in demanding game-play and Sim capabilty, and in replayability. But they're just not quite there yet. They will get there, in their own time. So... patience y'all... patience is not a virtue, it's the only option for those who have no other choice.

4057222961_a022dd5532_z-002.jpg

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

<<<<<

#25 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 06 July 2014 - 04:50 PM

Ho-ho-ho.

Sage - why do you feel the need to keep changing your name? Are you trying to hide the fact who you really are?

No surprise that our friend Sage, is non other than TeachMeLee, LeeRay or whatever moniker he used, which would explain why he has jumped on this thread because he has seen me posting (and apparently 'going after' someone). I'm sure Noel can stick up for himself if he really feels the need to or even report me to the Moderator's if he feels I have over stepped some forum protocol.

Lee, you always used to 'go after me' if I ever posted in threads that you were involved in, claiming I was trolling you. Why don't you heed your own comments and stay out.

Or you could go over to the TGC forums and stick up for him there, as there seems to be a few folks 'going after him'. He's even been involved in a thread over there which the Mod's have locked and I've had no participation in it whatsoever.

Better still go and develop www.teachmelee.com as the site doesn't seem to be up and running when clicking your signature link.

#26 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 05:26 PM

"Patient grasshopper". (One of my favorite lines from and old TV show.) Lack of patience being expressed is even more abundant on the forums for TGC. As for noelw1969's experiences with TGC, I'm not seeing the same issues (other than the grid not covering the entire green) that he is having with the game. BTW, HB Studios is planning on having a Mac version of the game in the future. -MERACE

#27 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 07 July 2014 - 01:34 AM

Dazmaniac

I had issues with lee 6 - 12 months ago to the point that Andrew stepped in. I am at a complete loss as to why this guy isn't banned. It just boggles my mind. I'm sure that you already have, but check his profile and name changes. This guy is nothing but "WEIRD". He's like "sleeves on a vest". Absolutely worthless.

P.S. I expect to hear from Andrew on this one. But by God, enough is enough.

Richard

Posted Image

#28 OLYGOLFER

OLYGOLFER

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationWestern U.S.

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:40 AM

Geez, sounds like a bunch of FAST FOOD ADDICTS here.... I will wait for as long as it takes...and I use a PC.

Thank you Plank Owners for your work so far

OLY

#29 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:11 AM

BTW, HB Studios is planning on having a Mac version of the game in the future. -MERACE

They all say that and then they don't follow through, Merace. HBS seem to be a nice little outfit that is refreshingly nice and well intentioned, so they deserve to be granted the benefit of the doubt on this one. Past experience, however, shows that post-release Mac ports almost always are inferior products, quite often outsourced to some other studio, and nowhere near the real deal. If the Mac version does not come out together with the PC version, you can - let me slip into my NY cabby mode - fuggetaboutit.

And by the time that happens, I reckon PG will be out as well.

Daz, we all already knew who your little friend is - And for once he got under your skin and made you lose your cool, causing you to play the man instead of playing the ball. That's a foul and he wins this round. But we all still adore you, just keep your eye on the ball.  ;) 

ballkick.jpg

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

<<<<<

#30 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:36 PM

TGC's mimumum system requirement of DX11 eliminates me. My laptop is DX10 and has a Nvida GT230M chip which works just fine for Links 2003. Hopefully PG will work on my current system. The only video game I play is golf and I'm definitely not going to buy a new computer just for 1 game.

Richard

Posted Image

#31 Bruce R

Bruce R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 12:46 AM

I went and watched several videos of TGC, and then went and watched several more of PP, I can honestly say compared to PP,TGC is a pale imitation compared to PP, from what I saw, don't know how old the vieo's were but even a 6 year old TW 08 looked more realistic, the Golfer didn't even look as though he had his feet on the ground, the water ripple in 08 looked better, the rough texture's looked more realistic, what we are waiting on here that seems to be taking forever for quite a lot that have been here for a year or more, compared to my week or so, might feel that its about time the sim was released, I will not call it a game, regardless of your playing level, I believe this will have everything in it for the total immersion of actually being out their enjoying the breeze and playing on the finest courses without paying the thousands it would cost to join an exclusive golf club, if you could actually get in that is. Thanksgiving point and Wellington Point were two unbelievable courses, to actually play these 2 alone in full 3D would be incredible, playing them in Links was a joy, were the scenery and brilliance of these courses were a testament to the designers genius. These were just 2 among many wonderful masterpieces put out through the years.

I do understand the frustrations of those that think they have waited long enough, but when the sim is finally released the long wait will be well worth it.

Richard, I am 60 and have a 5 year old PC running Vista 32 bit, with no were near the memory to enjoy this in all its beauty, the entire rig cost me 5 grand, back then, I could get something far better for half the price or less these days, and will sometime next year, so if it takes another 12 months to complete, I should have it by then, and at my age it will be the last computer I ever get, I was stupid when I bought my present computer, the MB cost $500 and only supports up to 4Gig of ram, one of those ASUS ROG. I run 3 Gig, because one more stick gives me the blue screen of death, the 8800 GTS cost $600 plus and only supports DX10, damn thing was state of the art back then, now my phone has more impressive spec's. lol.

CGX Bruce R

#32 yesrushdt

yesrushdt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 01:55 AM

I'm in the same boat Bruce.  My PC wil be 7 years old in a couple weeks.  It was about the best I could get back then with a couple 8800 Ultras running in SLI mode.  Plan on replacing it soon with a top of the line PC for close to half the cost. 

Hopefully the public alpha of PG will be released sometime in the not too distant future.  In the mean time I can salivate watching the virtual walkthrough of Shadowlands. ;)

#33 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 08:34 AM

If you can play the walkthrough fine you will most likely be able to play the game just fine. The game uses slightly more resources of course but then again we have graphics options in the game so you can turn the detail up or down depending on your computer specification.

#34 ☠InDaSkies☠

☠InDaSkies☠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • LocationCedar Lake Indiana

Posted 11 October 2014 - 11:03 AM

Hey Mike

Where do I find the walkthrough? I'd like to check that out.

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit.
Silverstone ST1500 1500W ATX
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Editon
4x Kingston Digital HyperX Fury 240GB SSD Sata III HD's In Raid 0
1 TB HD for storage
Asus Rog Maximus VIII Extreme/Assembly Motherboard
4x16GB Corsair Dominator Series Memory
Intel Core i7 6700K 4.700.0 MHz Overlocked Quad Core Skylake Desktop Processor, Socket LGA 1151
Zalman Reserator XT External Water Cooling System GPU & CPU
1x LG WH10LS30 Blu-ray Burner
1x LG GGW-H20L Blu-Ray Player
HP ZR 30" Monitor 2560x1600 Resolution

#35 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 11:06 AM

http://www.perfectpa...l.com/webplayer

#36 ☠InDaSkies☠

☠InDaSkies☠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • LocationCedar Lake Indiana

Posted 11 October 2014 - 11:30 AM

Thanks Mike

That was quick.

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit.
Silverstone ST1500 1500W ATX
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Editon
4x Kingston Digital HyperX Fury 240GB SSD Sata III HD's In Raid 0
1 TB HD for storage
Asus Rog Maximus VIII Extreme/Assembly Motherboard
4x16GB Corsair Dominator Series Memory
Intel Core i7 6700K 4.700.0 MHz Overlocked Quad Core Skylake Desktop Processor, Socket LGA 1151
Zalman Reserator XT External Water Cooling System GPU & CPU
1x LG WH10LS30 Blu-ray Burner
1x LG GGW-H20L Blu-Ray Player
HP ZR 30" Monitor 2560x1600 Resolution

#37 Bruce R

Bruce R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 11:42 AM

Fantastic, it mens I can still play the sim, at a reduced level if it comes out sometime in the early part of next year, while I save my pennies for my new one.

Cheers.

CGX Bruce R

#38 J_Schollmeyer

J_Schollmeyer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 October 2014 - 12:05 PM

Can't play the promotion file of the WebPlayer service. I installed Unity Web Player 64 and tried with my PC & Notebook but none of them worked.

My specs are as follows:

PC: Windows 7 64-Bit, Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 3.16 GHZ, 4GB Ram, ATI Radeon HD 4800, DirectX 11

Notebook: Windows 8.1 64-Bit, Intel Core I7-4700HQ 2.40 GHZ , 8GB Ram, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770M, DirectX 11

Does that mean that Perfect Golf won't work on both of my computers?

Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E8500 @ 3.16GHz

4GB RAM

Samsung SSD 840 Series

ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series (1GB RAM)

Samsung SyncMaster T260HD & T2770 (Resolution: 1920 x 1200)

Windows 7 (64 Bit)

#39 J_Schollmeyer

J_Schollmeyer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 October 2014 - 04:36 PM

It was a problem with Norton Internet Security. NIS classified some dlls as dangerous. After classifying them as secure it works perfectly. Very nice feature.

Thank you

Juergen

Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E8500 @ 3.16GHz

4GB RAM

Samsung SSD 840 Series

ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series (1GB RAM)

Samsung SyncMaster T260HD & T2770 (Resolution: 1920 x 1200)

Windows 7 (64 Bit)

#40 yesrushdt

yesrushdt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 05:07 PM

If you can play the walkthrough fine you will most likely be able to play the game just fine. The game uses slightly more resources of course but then again we have graphics options in the game so you can turn the detail up or down depending on your computer specification.

I figured my PC was more than capable to run Perfect Golf, it's just the latest AAA games like Alien Isolation ( and probably The Evil Within as well) that it will not. :)  Good to know that you already have detail level options in the game.  Anything in the game to increase the draw distance levels?  Also, do you have blades of grass for the medium/heavy rough lies (like TW08 has) yet?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users