#41 fran21356

fran21356

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:57 PM

I don't think sarcastic responses add anything to the issue.  I just said I wouldn't be upgrading my PC for a game. Like I said, on the bright side, I still have my $25.00. By the way if someone does happen to show up at a golf course with hickory shafts they won't be turned away and told they aren't allowd to play. Just saying, violins not withstanding :D

Thanks Karma4u. With a trade in of my Mizuno MP-H4 irons or by selling them on Ebay, a new set should be very reasonable. Enjoy the game. i wish everyone luck with it and I hope it's as good as everyone is expecting, FORE!

#42 mack

mack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 05:18 AM

So you have a newish set of H4's and will trade them in and by another new set. But you wont upgrade from an old PC at less cost than new irons, to play a game that will look much better than an 11 year old game.

Not having a go at you as it's your choice but if game developers dont utilise the new tech than gaming wont move forward with technology.

#43 clint

clint

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 July 2014 - 03:06 PM

Thanks for the update

#44 fran21356

fran21356

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 26 July 2014 - 03:41 PM

I was a little too optimistic in my golfing ability when I bought the MP-H4's. I'm at the high end of the handicap these irons were made for and anything less than an almost perfect swing by me had a bad result. So if I trade them in or sell them I can put that money toward JPX-825 pro irons which would be much more forgiving for me and allow me to enjoy the game more. I had to replace the 'H4's anyway and I have to chose one or the other so the upgrade is just plain out of my budget. Who know's maybe next year I'll be able to do it.

#45 mack

mack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 10:49 AM

Hi Fran, I have a set of JPX-825 pro irons and they are great. I also have a 2 iron H4 which is also a great club. Can you can demo the 825-Pros before you buy because I dont find my 4 iron 825-Pro much easier to hit than my 2 iron H4.

Good luck with new clubs anyway.

#46 fran21356

fran21356

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 28 July 2014 - 04:03 PM

Thanks Mac. I will demo the clubs before buying( there's no demo days in my area right now) and i'm going to be fitted for them too so I'll get a good feel for them before purchasing them. Interesting about the four iron. I've never hit a two iron,  but I imagine it's like hitting the ball with a straight razor. I have a couple of Adams pro hybrids but I still like a four iron in the bag for low shots into the wind and it's great for keeping the ball below the tree limbs when i find myself in the woods  :D.  Have you or do you know anyone who's used the Mizuno swing system and what they think of it? I'm still trying to decide who will fit me. Thanks and good luck with the two and the four irons.

#47 mack

mack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:12 AM

Yeah the 2 iron I was a bit worried about buying but I was struggling with hybrids and thought I would chance it. It's suprisingly not that hard to hit.

I am from Australia and have used the Mizuno fitting system. It's called swing DNA here, not sure if it is the the same one you are talking about but it was very good.

I was able to try different club head and shaft options so it was very good. The Mizuno rep was very patient and time did not seem to be an issue and he was not pushy either. Of the 3 shaft recommendations one felt bad and the other 2 were really good. Oh and Mizuno are the way to go, great clubs.

#48 fran21356

fran21356

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:26 AM

Yea, the DNA system. It's called that here too, just couldn't remember the name. I'm glad to hear you liked it because I would like to use Mizuno all the way through the fitting process and not a company or store that's more interested in having me buy the most expensive components for my irons. I agree Mizuno is the way to go, quality clubs. Thanks Mack, good luck with your game here and on the course.

PS: I'm very impressed with you being able to hit a two iron. Four iron is about as low as I can go and still feel confident about not causing any personal property damage or injuries to other golfers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users