Photo

Any news on when this game is going to get fixed?

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#61 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 06:43 PM

Where do you live where you have to pay $189/mo for internet?  I live in the sticks and it's only $50.

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#62 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 06:46 PM

Where do you live where you have to pay $189/mo for internet?  I live in the sticks and it's only $50.

Does that matter in the discussion about being able to play courses offline?

Perhaps people just want to use the game offline (road trips, vacation house, on a flight with no internet, etc)

Also, I live in Boise and to get uncapped internet I'm north of $130/month

As many know, the ISP near monopoly and blocking competition situation in the US is a nightmare in lots and lots of markets...

#63 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 06:48 PM

@Crow:  I tried to respond to your PM but you blocked me before I could?

Nice...

#64 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 06:49 PM

Does that matter in the discussion about being able to play courses offline?

Perhaps people just want to use the game offline (road trips, vacation house, on a flight with no internet, etc)

Also, I live in Boise and to get uncapped internet I'm north of $130/month

As many know, the ISP near monopoly and blocking competition situation in the US is a nightmare in lots and lots of markets...

No it doesn't.  I simply wanted to know. 

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#65 Flyon

Flyon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 04:30 PM

Thread bump/update:

Due to job constraints, I have been away, but I'm still sneaking a round or two in as of late.

Where I live, there is only one choice of cable company, even though FIOS and others are within 40-50 miles of me. It's either you go with that one cable company in this area, or you don't have cable, period -unless you tether off an iPhone to get the 'net. That tends to get expensive rather quickly.

As far as that quote goes crow, I'm sorry about that. I wasn't very clear (and admittingly I was very vague) on that pricing:

That $189 a month includes basic cable tv and landline telephone also.

You can separate it, or simply drop the useless landline. But the cable company gives you an extra 50 gigs a month in data if you keep all the tele, cable, and 'net bundle intact.

The way we go through gigs around here in this household, I need every gig I can get -and I still have to buy more gigs every month.

As I said before, it's a totally unchecked racket that a small consortium of cable companies -who provide service to the majority of the U.S.- can gouge at will like they do, and the FCC doesn't give a dam about the fact that this is an obvious monopoly (and again, not to mention the terrible 70's technology these companies still use to deliver said data, because they simply are too cheap -and do not want to cut into "their bottom line"- to upgrade to fiber optics).

@ Buck: "to get uncapped internet I'm north of $130/month"

I'd kill to have that deal. Maybe I should look to relocate "north"...lol

And to bring it back full circle, as why I was yapping about online play in the first place, I digress:

I don't know what happened in the few months I was away concerning JNPG, but I do notice now that I CAN plan this game offline now -which imo is a major step in the right direction.

I have no idea why I couldn't play it offline before, but now I can. Thanks to the devs for making this possible.

Now if I could only get my Windows 8.1 laptop to cooperate. It's only about a year old. I get it, it's a laptop, but other Steam (and non-Steam games) games that are cpu driven run perfect on it, with hardly no stuttering whatsoever.

The meter lag in JNPG -even on the game's lowest graphic settings- makes the game unplayable. Forum searches here are coming up empty so far, but I'll keep digging.

#66 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 09:54 AM

Now if I could only get my Windows 8.1 laptop to cooperate. It's only about a year old. I get it, it's a laptop, but other Steam (and non-Steam games) games that are cpu driven run perfect on it, with hardly no stuttering whatsoever.

The meter lag in JNPG -even on the game's lowest graphic settings- makes the game unplayable. Forum searches here are coming up empty so far, but I'll keep digging.

There is a good chance that PG is not using your dedicated GPU on your laptop. You need to force it to do this in your graphics card settings as for some reason PG does not get auto detected. If you do not have a dedicated GPU the game will not run well.

• Flyon likes this

#67 Flyon

Flyon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 08:51 AM

Thanks for getting back to me on this issue.

That said, and with all due respect MJ, your reply is rather succinct:

"PG is not using your dedicated GPU on your laptop"

"You need to force it to do this in your graphics card settings"

I have no extra graphics card in my laptop, as it has only integrated graphics. Right clicking the desktop brings up the AMD Catalyst Control Center. Once there, I adjusted everything to max for "optimize gaming" and minimum settings available for "battery life" or whatever it's called. Still it's very unplayable with terrible lag.

That said, I have no idea on how to force my gpu through that Catalyst Control Center to force anything. Online searches aren't being very helpful, and many comments I find are directed at how bad AMD gpu's are that bad overall, in most gaming venues besides pc golf.

I get it that AMD graphics suck, but I'm kind of stuck with this laptop, so I need to somehow figure this out..

Turning down the graphics in game only makes it 100x worse. The graphics look like 8 bit, and the bad lag in the swing is still there, RTS or click. So I choose to leave the in game graphic settings at High. It looks awesome then at High, but it's just not playable.

If you could elaborate more that would be great. It kind of sucks atm on my laptop: to be able to play this game offline, but not be able to play because the swing meter -at any level- is that bad. It's not even worth firing the game up now at this point.

I have found nothing, nor seen anything online here as far as forcing a game to specifics as far as gpu's goes.

On the other hand, searching the topics here is getting be be almost impossible anymore too. I'll still keep trying.

#68 scajjr29

scajjr29

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationNH, USA

Posted 22 July 2016 - 11:00 AM

Thanks for getting back to me on this issue.

That said, and with all due respect MJ, your reply is rather succinct:

"PG is not using your dedicated GPU on your laptop"

"You need to force it to do this in your graphics card settings"

I have no extra graphics card in my laptop, as it has only integrated graphics. Right clicking the desktop brings up the AMD Catalyst Control Center. Once there, I adjusted everything to max for "optimize gaming" and minimum settings available for "battery life" or whatever it's called. Still it's very unplayable with terrible lag.

That said, I have no idea on how to force my gpu through that Catalyst Control Center to force anything. Online searches aren't being very helpful, and many comments I find are directed at how bad AMD gpu's are that bad overall, in most gaming venues besides pc golf.

I get it that AMD graphics suck, but I'm kind of stuck with this laptop, so I need to somehow figure this out..

Turning down the graphics in game only makes it 100x worse. The graphics look like 8 bit, and the bad lag in the swing is still there, RTS or click. So I choose to leave the in game graphic settings at High. It looks awesome then at High, but it's just not playable.

If you could elaborate more that would be great. It kind of sucks atm on my laptop: to be able to play this game offline, but not be able to play because the swing meter -at any level- is that bad. It's not even worth firing the game up now at this point.

I have found nothing, nor seen anything online here as far as forcing a game to specifics as far as gpu's goes.

On the other hand, searching the topics here is getting be be almost impossible anymore too. I'll still keep trying.

Yeah you can't force anything because it's already using the only graphics adapter it has- the one integrated into the CPU or from the sounds of it in your case, AMD APU (their A Series integrated CPU-graphics). I have a couple HTPCs that have AMD A-10 APUs and still had to put separate graphics cards in them to run JNPG & TGC at med-high or better graphics and get playability.

Unfortunately you are at the mercy of the limits of your hardware.

In my sig you can see that my laptop has integrated Intel graphics in the i7 CPU but also has a separate GTX960m "video card" built in as well. The way it works is less graphics intensive programs use the Intel, games and such use the GTX960m. I can force the 960m to be used by any program by choosing it in the settings.

Sam

• Flyon likes this

Desktop- MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair Hydro H150i Pro cooler, 32Gb DDR4-3600, ASUS 6900XT LC Hybrid, Corsair MP600 1Tb PCIe 4 NVMe (x 2), 850 EVO 1Tb, Corsair 750Gb SSDs & Hitachi 3Tb HDD ,EVGA 1000PG PSU,Monoprice 27772 32" 4K HDR monitor x2,Windows 10 Pro x64, Salient Arch Linux

Laptop- Eluktronics (Clevo) P670RS-G  i7-6700HQ, 32Gb DDR4, 512Gb & 256Gb NVMe SSDs, GTX 1070 8Gb graphics, 17.3" 1080p G-Sync, Win 10 Pro x64,

XBox One X 1Tb w/2Tb external HDD, PS4 Pro 1Tb w/1Tb external HDD

#69 Flyon

Flyon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 07:39 PM

"AMD A-10 APUs"...

Bingo. I was afraid of that.

For the most part, I haven't been reading anything good concerning A-10, at least for what I want to use it for.

The a10 driven pc was a hand me down from my daughter. She got a new laptop with i7 apu -an awesome rig, and dad got her "old" 1 year old laptop. So it is what it is.

Maybe in a year she'll get sick of it and want another new pc. In my case, one can only hope...lol...then I'll be set.

"still had to put separate graphics cards in them..."

Maybe someday I'll make that jump with this A 10. I just can't afford to swing for it now atm.

Thanks for the feedback Sam.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users