Photo

Any news on when this game is going to get fixed?

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#41 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 01 May 2016 - 12:26 PM

Sounds like Exclusive Full screen should be something for the Devs to investigate, especially if there is a noted increase in game performance.

#42 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 12:44 PM

I made the edits in maindata on my machine and saw no differences.  Perhaps I just don't have a powerful enough machine for it to make any difference.  I will say this, I didn't have the same initial values as the original poster so perhaps the beta version I'm on has changed since then.

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#43 Harvester

Harvester

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 12:58 PM

I made the edits in maindata on my machine and saw no differences.  Perhaps I just don't have a powerful enough machine for it to make any difference.  I will say this, I didn't have the same initial values as the original poster so perhaps the beta version I'm on has changed since then.

Yes this is the drawback to hex editing ....  genrally the file has to be EXACTLY the same version.  Everytime a patch is released sommeone has to go in and find the spots that have to be edited again.

That's why I would like to see it officially added.   :)

#44 klapauzius

klapauzius

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 01:03 PM

For me hex editing PG forcing it to use Exlusive Full Screen fixed these problems:

No more mushiness (lag) in menus and game.  Everything runs much smoother. (and i mean MUCH smoother)

Tried this the other day and didn't perceive any gains in the frame rate on fps critical courses. Also, after tabbing-out of the game to the Win desktop I wasn't able to return to the game anymore.

I think you're right as regards better responsiveness of the in-game controls though...

#45 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 01 May 2016 - 01:32 PM

I'm always leery when recommendations to files and consoles are suggested. If those suggestions have merit, they should be incorporated into the game by the developers. I would think, that people making file changes independently could have impact on fair competitive tournament play depending on the change. Just my 2¢.

• DivotMaker likes this
Richard

Posted Image

#46 Harvester

Harvester

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 01:58 PM

I'm always leery when recommendations to files and consoles are suggested. If those suggestions have merit, they should be incorporated into the game by the developers. I would think, that people making file changes independently could have impact on fair competitive tournament play depending on the change. Just my 2¢.

What's tournament play?  :D

I've never played any tournament and rarely play multiplayer.  I'm just trying to get this game running again.  I haven't been able to play this game since the christmas update.  Hex editing exclusive full screen mode into the game has made it playable again.

I'm not sure what you are getting at .... but it's really that simple ....  I WANT THE GAME TO WORK  :lol:

#47 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 01 May 2016 - 02:10 PM

What's tournament play?  :D

I've never played any tournament and rarely play multiplayer.  I'm just trying to get this game running again.  I haven't been able to play this game since the christmas update.  Hex editing exclusive full screen mode into the game has made it playable again.

I'm not sure what you are getting at .... but it's really that simple ....  I WANT THE GAME TO WORK  :lol:

I agree with you regarding getting the game running smoothly regardless of whether multiplayer or solo. I just want it to be done within the game not via techie user patches. BTW, I'm not trying to be insulting with the term 'techie user', it's just that many, if not most of us, are not prepared to try many of the suggestions because it involves skills we do not possess.

You have a 2nd on 'I WANT THE GAME TO WORK'.  ;)

Richard

Posted Image

#48 Harvester

Harvester

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 02:30 PM

I agree with you regarding getting the game running smoothly regardless of whether multiplayer or solo. I just want it to be done within the game not via techie user patches. BTW, I'm not trying to be insulting with the term 'techie user', it's just that many, if not most of us, are not prepared to try many of the suggestions because it involves skills we do not possess.

You have a 2nd on 'I WANT THE GAME TO WORK'.  ;)

That's why I'm asking for this fix to be officially included.  I don't want to fix games I want to play them.  :)

• Richard and Ted_Ball like this

#49 Flyon

Flyon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 01:08 AM

Maybe thread title should have said multiplayer.

No, the thread is titled right imo. There IS a major problem with this game -there is no way of playing it OFFLINE.

It's good that the devs are constantly working on overall  improvements, but the ability to play this game offline -just like Links2003- is being pushed too far back, to the point of being ignored altogether.

Not being able to play this game offline is a dealbreaker for me. I will not spend a single dime on DLC for this platform until this major bug gets fixed.

I play OGT events regularly and the game gives me no issues whatsoever regards connectivity.

I have no urge to play online, or play online with anyone, let alone join a third party entity. I just want to play this game offline. Unfortunately, I don't see this happening anytime soon. I'd guess many others feel the same way I do, but simply don't bother to post here, for fear of retribution by the locals in this forum.

#50 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 02 May 2016 - 01:30 AM

No, the thread is titled right imo. There IS a major problem with this game -there is no way of playing it OFFLINE.

It's good that the devs are constantly working on overall  improvements, but the ability to play this game offline -just like Links2003- is being pushed too far back, to the point of being ignored altogether.

Not being able to play this game offline is a dealbreaker for me. I will not spend a single dime on DLC for this platform until this major bug gets fixed.

I have no urge to play online, or play online with anyone, let alone join a third party entity. I just want to play this game offline. Unfortunately, I don't see this happening anytime soon. I'd guess many others feel the same way I do, but simply don't bother to post here, for fear of retribution by the locals in this forum.

Flyon, I can understand not wanting to play others, i.e. multiplayer online. However, I don't understand the difference between playing solo, yes I know that you are still connected to the intenet, and playing offline. Why is offline so important to you. Do you, maybe, have an cap on internet minutes? Just curious.

• Flyon likes this
Richard

Posted Image

#51 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 11:21 AM

This is the 21st century.  All games are online games.

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#52 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 11:21 AM

It's good that the devs are constantly working on overall improvements, but the ability to play this game offline -just like Links2003- is being pushed too far back, to the point of being ignored altogether.

Have you tried setting steam to offline mode?

#53 Flyon

Flyon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 03:09 AM

Have you tried setting steam to offline mode?

To jump way ahead:

Yes, I have tried running Steam offline. Many Steam games will play offline. This one does not.
PG does load up. It does run and load up as it does when I'm online. But when I go to select a course, no course names are shown. Nor are any of the extra addon courses that I have recently downloaded and installed. The stock courses scroll through, but no course names are shown.
Hence my comment about "not spending a dime on DLC".
Offline never worked in PG for me. Since Day One.

(In another aside, I was very glad you did get the 'scrolling issue with other controllers connected' fixed. That was a biggie. Well done sir!)

Thank you for the response... : )

Flyon, I can understand not wanting to play others, i.e. multiplayer online. However, I don't understand the difference between playing solo, yes I know that you are still connected to the intenet, and playing offline. Why is offline so important to you. Do you, maybe, have an cap on internet minutes? Just curious.

Thank you for the reply Richard, and yes, this definitely applies.

This is a major problem on my end. To fully comprehend why I am upset about this, a full (but very long, sorry) explanation I feel is in order (and also to respond to the "This is the 21st century.  All games are online games" comment after your reply...):

It seems the FCC (the Federal Communications Commission) lets all major cable companies in the USA dictate and set up EXACTLY how much Internet access you get, per your monthly bill that comes from said Internet provider -that being your current cable company.
This -with the major part of our country still on the basis of a single copper wire wrapped in insulation as our source of Internet- except through your cell phone's Internet carrier- is the only choice you have.
Fiber optic cable speed, as others in the real world see, will always be a dream for most of in America -as in most cable companies will invest major $$$ to upgrade their systems to fiber optics.
It was RG 8 back then, now its Belden 91-18 or something. Whatever it is, it's just as crappy as RG 8 was.
One single copper wire transmitting your 'Net signal in the US. It's squat -and really ridiculous in the year 2016.

Imo that means no bang for your buck. What that means for me now is any major download for me cost serious money.

Why? It'simple:

My cable company isn't happy with giving me my "free" 300 gB's a month for $189.00, so when I go over by 1 megabyte, that costs me another $30 bill.
You go over by 50 gigs, peel off another thirty...
(Of course, if you go over by one megabyte by the 15th of the month, you will be going over on gigs MUCH MORE than that extra 50 gigs before the billing period is over. And with every 50 gigs, it's another $30. Imo it's a major scam. This is REAL piracy. Exactly why the FCC should have been disbanded YEARS AGO. That unfortunately, will never happen. As the cable companies collect extra fees, the FCC does also. How convenient.)

Now at this point, every download in my household costs me major money. Being I have eight pc's, 4 Kindle Fires, and all iPhones tied into my router, most should see that it don't take long to use up 300 gigs in a month's time.

Now all of you will now say this is a too-easy solution: change your cable company.
Not so easy: apparently my cable company has a no-compete deal going on, and no one else can move into my territory (Unreal that the FCC lets this crap go on...). No cable company will come within 100 miles of my house. Nobody.

Imo it is obvious: the fix is in. The FCC and the cable companies are in bed with each other.

This is why I scream for offline play here now.

#54 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 04 May 2016 - 03:22 AM

Flyon, I live in North Dakota. As you know, many don't even think that it's part of 'flyover' country. I have no issues like you are facing. Thanks for the explanation. I thought it had to something like that. Hopefully the offline capability will be resolved in the near future. Given you internet situation, I assume you are also chomping at the bit for a career mode.

Richard

Posted Image

#55 Justin9926

Justin9926

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 04:02 AM

Flyon I have mentioned in another post a way to play off-line. But you first need to connect being online. Start steam in the upper left click on steam Second one down go off-line. Once it restarts, start Perfect golf. You should see all of the stock PP courses choose one of them start the game. Once you get to the T you then can disconnect from the Internet and play your full 18 holes. This way you don't use your data plan Up.

Hope this helps you.

Justin

Asus ROG G751JT-CH71 Gaming Laptop

2.5 GHz Intel Core i7– 4710HQ

Nvidia GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5

16 GB DDR3

Windows 10 64-bit

#56 Harvester

Harvester

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 11:16 AM

Flyon I have mentioned in another post a way to play off-line. But you first need to connect being online. Start steam in the upper left click on steam Second one down go off-line. Once it restarts, start Perfect golf. You should see all of the stock PP courses choose one of them start the game. Once you get to the T you then can disconnect from the Internet and play your full 18 holes. This way you don't use your data plan Up.

Hope this helps you.

Justin

Justin could you clarify this?

I'm not following you ... are you saying to start the game with steam in offline mode?

#57 olazaboll

olazaboll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 11:25 AM

Flyon ... just a humble question ... are you the same guy as "Skywatcher" over at Linkscorner ?

#58 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 01:17 PM

To jump way ahead:

Yes, I have tried running Steam offline. Many Steam games will play offline. This one does not.
PG does load up. It does run and load up as it does when I'm online. But when I go to select a course, no course names are shown. Nor are any of the extra addon courses that I have recently downloaded and installed. The stock courses scroll through, but no course names are shown.

This is why I scream for offline play here now.

If I'm offline and also in offline mode on steam I can start the game, load up all the stock courses and play them without issue. If you're not experiencing that you will have to post the steps your are using so we can try and replicate the problem.

The community made courses are different as they are by definition 'online content' and cannot be played in offline mode.

#59 Justin9926

Justin9926

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 04:00 PM

Actually with 1.4.0.1 the off-line seems to be playing fine now for stock courses. Here is a video on how to do it.

Asus ROG G751JT-CH71 Gaming Laptop

2.5 GHz Intel Core i7– 4710HQ

Nvidia GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5

16 GB DDR3

Windows 10 64-bit

#60 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 04:17 PM

The community made courses are different as they are by definition 'online content' and cannot be played in offline mode.

Even though they are fully downloaded and stored 100% locally we can't use them without the Internet connected?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users