Photo

Steam reviews - this is what we are dealing with!

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#101 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 08:40 PM

Trust me you wouldn't want to go backwards and create one hole in a vacuum essentially making you replant and recreate any adjacent holes over and over like you had to in years gone by. Those days are long gone and good riddance.

What we have in it's place is a system using LOD which means objects in the distance are rendered at much lower detail.

Can I ask you...does the game render "behind you"?

Could "not doing that" perhaps help with performance overall?

(maybe a stupid question...but hey..why not learn, right? - haha!_)

#102 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 08:41 PM

Try not to worry about what other people say about the game. If you enjoy playing it, that's all that matters anyway. 

Not sure that's a good way to develop a game (not caring what others say or think about it)...but ok?

Also - I'm not personally "worried" about what reviewers are saying at all - but there is some of whats being said that I agree with.

#103 Crazycanuck1985

Crazycanuck1985

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 08:45 PM

Not sure that's a good way to develop a game (not caring what others say or think about it)...but ok?

Also - I'm not personally "worried" about what reviewers are saying at all - There's a lot of it I agree with!

Not talking about game development, just talking about personal enjoyment level. I'm sure this game will continue to improve and become more popular, I hope it does anyway. It would be nice to have two golf games I really enjoy. 

• DivotMaker likes this

#104 spy88

spy88

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 09 May 2016 - 02:12 AM

I "entered the fray" when I used the utube link to see what was being said.  wow.  Some were positive but most neg posts were (imo) ppl looking for instant gratification playability.  And I continued to watch all of the following ones also.  Many had no comments but when there were negatives, I (as politely as I could manage) pointed out what they'd said as having no merit because...and explained from my POV what was wrong with their derisive comments.  

As for an in-depth tutorial for the entire game.  I agree there should be one but only so no one can't say it isn't there, thus "I can't be bothered with the time necessary to learn without one", "I've made too many swings and don't have a clue why they don't go straight", "how does the meter work?", etc.  There are those of us who have put in the time to figure it out by ourselves (with the occasional bit of help) and those that can't be bothered.  Kinda like some ppl enjoy putting something together w/o using the instructions (me) and those that can't do it even with them.  Still, you gotta put it in the box with the product.

#105 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 07 February 2020 - 07:09 PM

I’ve still never reviewed this game on Steam..

I’ve thought about it — but I’m not sure I’d be able to be objective about just the gameplay at this point without coloring my opinions with what’s happened with PP/TM and us being “abandoned” mostly...

Did anyone else never review it either?

I was always “waiting” for a few more fixes and tweaks over time before doing a review, and then “poof” - the rug was pulled out and they sold to TM and that was sort of “it”.

#106 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 08 February 2020 - 04:26 AM

I gave it a positive one very early on, specifically praising Course Forge. It got buried fairly quickly by EA fanboys I'm sure.
  • Buck likes this

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#107 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 08 February 2020 - 03:10 PM

There are some gr8 things about this game, IE: CF but think about it, we still have a stupid looking and acting avatar! Really?

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#108 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 05:25 PM

There are some gr8 things about this game, IE: CF but think about it, we still have a stupid looking and acting avatar! Really?

Yeah - it bums me out we never got simply "a different Harry Hacker or 2 or to choose from".

Harry Hacker

Dave Duffer

Susan Swinger

Sandy Trapper

Just a few options would  have been great for some basic variety in rounds with multiple people.

#109 Riddler

Riddler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationMesquite, Nevada

Posted 11 February 2020 - 10:20 PM

Percy Par

Birdie Barns

Eddie Eagle

Willie WTF

• Buck and GolfGuy72_2000 like this

#110 Kimmer1947

Kimmer1947

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 01:56 PM

Yeah - it bums me out we never got simply "a different Harry Hacker or 2 or to choose from".

Harry Hacker

Dave Duffer

Susan Swinger

Sandy Trapper

Just a few options would  have been great for some basic variety in rounds with multiple people.

Please include "Lefty Louie"

• Buck likes this

#111 Mulligan

Mulligan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • LocationVirtual Private Network

Posted 14 February 2020 - 01:51 AM

Even in the early Quakeworld days, it always seemed odd to me how concerned people are about how they look in a video game.

• Affo and RobC like this

#112 tanman05851

tanman05851

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • LocationNorthEast Kingdom,Republic of Vermont

Posted 14 February 2020 - 04:24 PM

Even in the early Quakeworld days, it always seemed odd to me how concerned people are about how they look in a video game.

I've been playing MLB The Show for a number of years and it's amazing to me how many people complain about the lack of tattoos and how various brands of cleats aren't in the game instead of focusing on game play issues.

• MERACE likes this

Windows 10 Pro -Intel 8th Gen Core i5-8400 Processor-ASRock Z370 Extreme4 Motherboard-Corsair DDR4 2666 MHZ(16GB)

Asus Geforce GTX 1060 6 GB Turbo Edition-Dell S3220DGF-3C-Logitech G502

Finally found a competitive AI "Phil Mucklebot" Aggressive Pro 3,3,3,3,3,5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users