Photo

Steam reviews - this is what we are dealing with!

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#61 wim1234

wim1234

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 03:58 PM

oh i surely hope they going to mocap some  of the better pros.

but swingani is for me not so important, its the gameplay that counts.

i am not so sure why everyone seems to find this soo important ha

bottomline....whatever i, or you or anyone thinks of the game, is biased by definition.

and that is a good thing, so we can have neccesary variety in games.

at least we have now some choice of golfinggames  (i count 4 , as far as i know)

#62 DivotMaker

DivotMaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 04:13 PM

Some people's eyes are literally broken...or they are just incredibly biased and trying to fit the argument to the narrative they want to push.

I had a back and forth with someone yesterday who insisted that PG looks "no better than Tiger 99".

I showed him photos of each (below) and he still insisted that PG just really just "looked smoother" but otherwise looked the same.  LMAO

:mellow:  :)

Umm - ok...

548970-tiger-woods-99-pga-tour-golf-wind

IMG_0090.jpg

You can't reason with some folks Buck....especially not the guy you are referring to.....

PC

Xbox One X

Steam ID: DivotMaker

#63 dlocke1962

dlocke1962

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 08:14 PM

I'm sorry I don't see a difference.........oh wait put my glasses on...there it is

#64 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 07 May 2016 - 12:13 AM

People seem to want to be spoon fed everything nowadays. If they can't work out how to play a game in half an hour they loose interest.
Personally, I prefer to explore a game and find out things for myself. Even in the old days when games came with a printed manual I always preferred to delve into the game first and refer to the manual if all else failed.

Ian, unfortunately you and people like you, (i.e. me) are in the minority. Unfortunately in these types of situation, unlike many others, the minority DOES NOT rule. The world is completely upside down right now. But since most things are 'cyclical' hopefully I'll be around to see the turn.

Richard

Posted Image

#65 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 12:16 AM

Ian, unfortunately you and people like you, (i.e. me) are in the minority. Unfortunately in these types of situation, unlike many others, the minority DOES NOT rule. The world is completely upside down right now. But since most things are 'cyclical' hopefully I'll be around to see the turn.

Turn?  From what I can tell, the world only went from 99% idiots to 98% idiots......long ways to go......lol

• Richard likes this

#66 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 07 May 2016 - 12:21 AM

Some people's eyes are literally broken...or they are just incredibly biased and trying to fit the argument to the narrative they want to push.

I had a back and forth with someone yesterday who insisted that PG looks "no better than Tiger 99".

I showed him photos of each (below) and he still insisted that PG just really just "looked smoother" but otherwise looked the same.  LMAO

Umm - ok...

IMG_0090.jpg

Buck, surely you know that you can't argue with 'stupid'.  :D No matter what one says, someone will have a contrary viewpoint or opinion, just like on the PG forum. It makes no difference how logical or sane your position may be, if they choose to ignore it, there is nothing one can do. It's just the way of the world, Sad, but true.

Richard

Posted Image

#67 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 07 May 2016 - 01:07 AM

Turn?  From what I can tell, the world only went from 99% idiots to 98% idiots......long ways to go......lol

Yup, you're right. I may not be around to see the cyclical turn.  ;)

Richard

Posted Image

#68 jt83

jt83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 02:24 AM

Umm - ok...

IMG_0090.jpg

Tiger wasn't a bad looking game for its time, although that swing meter is butt ugly.

PG is obviously better looking but that screenshot does look to be overdoing the dreaded 'bloom' effect...

#69 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 07 May 2016 - 07:47 PM

Again this is the kind of moronic review from someone who has not even scratched the surface of the game, he even got nasty with my comment, so like me go visit this and tell him what a twat he is... :)

• spy88 and sandybunker like this

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#70 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,531 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 08:25 PM

@DoGgz:  I wouldn't worry too much - That guy has 12 videos total on his "account".

Not sure he's got much audience (or any audience) at all anyhow.

Looks like someone who heard "kids are making zillions on YouTube!" and couldn't wait to join in on the "cash cow" by making a horrible, short, uneducated, and limited "review" -- Because people actually making money and gaining audiences put a LOT of work and time into it.

#71 sandybunker

sandybunker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 07 May 2016 - 09:01 PM

Again this is the kind of moronic review from someone who has not even scratched the surface of the game, he even got nasty with my comment, so like me go visit this and tell him what a twat he is... :)

jeez have you ever watched as much drivel....the guy slated the game and never even got past the main menu. What chance have you got.

I7 3770k

8GB RAM

Nvidia GTX 670

240GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD

#72 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 07 May 2016 - 10:40 PM

Maybe he should have researched the game a little beforehand too.

Love how he says you can't play Stadium Course by which I guess he means Sawgrass and also says can't play Augusta.

It's as if he's just dived and and tried to play the game blind while doing his review. What a tool.

#73 JoeF

JoeF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts
  • LocationBrighton, Ontario, Canada

Posted 07 May 2016 - 10:45 PM

He has now disabled comments.  Coward.   :lol:

Intel i5-4570 cpu @ 3.2 GHz, ASUS Z74-K mb, ASUS GeForce GTX 960 gpu, 16 GB ram, 2 x SSD drives, Windows 10 64 bit

Steam name: sound_flier

#74 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,531 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 10:46 PM

He has now disabled comments.  Coward.   :lol:

Seriously..

If you can't take the heat, stop starting fires...

• spy88 likes this

#75 olazaboll

olazaboll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 10:46 PM

Lmao...

The first review i read starts off like this....

"I got this game for free as a birthday gift because I have been a fan of games like Mario Golf Toadstool Tour."

It's even been reviewed by a weatherman!

" the wind has no effect if you mis-hit; example: the wind is blowing 22 mph east, I am hitting north, I mis-hit to the left (west) by the smallest bit and my ball goes almost 90 degrees west"

and this one made me laugh..

"I love golf games, and this one is lacking in so many areas. Save your money and get The Golf Club."

it should read.... " I love golf games but  not hitting 100% GiR and FiR sucks, go buy TGC and make yourself look good"

Funny ... I suck even more at TGC  :) .... maybe its lack of interest ...???

#76 JoeF

JoeF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts
  • LocationBrighton, Ontario, Canada

Posted 07 May 2016 - 10:47 PM

Everybody should visit the page and give it a thumbs down.   :lol:

Intel i5-4570 cpu @ 3.2 GHz, ASUS Z74-K mb, ASUS GeForce GTX 960 gpu, 16 GB ram, 2 x SSD drives, Windows 10 64 bit

Steam name: sound_flier

#77 tlvx

tlvx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 12:55 AM

While this review is obviously based on a misinformed user, and user error; it is also important for a game maker to make the game as user-friendly as possible... in order to avoid these kinds of fits and starts.

It's called making a game, "Idiot-Proof." Seriously.

I've played video golf games well for years, and I am usually a quick study; but, even I had to search around for videos - in the beginning - to figure out how to play the game, and how to execute the swing.

I've oftentimes had to come to the forums to figure out how to setup the cameras and other things like that. -- Things that seem obvious - now that I know them; but were clearly just over the rainbow, prior to gaining that knowledge.

Heck, most of us probably have no idea what 99% of the Console Commands do. -- And, should we really have access to all of that?

So, even though this particular reviewer doesn't know what he's talking about, regarding features... he does know that he's not willing to search around for how to navigate the game. -- And, there are a lot of potential customers that are lazy, like that.

Some of us have been willing to have spent hours on end within the confines of the practice range - after each physics update - figuring out how the clubs in this game play; which can be quite non-linear, when compared to the methodologies of previous video golf games, of which we've otherwise become accustomed to.

There is a portion of the video golf community, that just wants to have the game directly point out - where exactly on the meter - they need to hit it. -- Not just the snap, but the distance, as well.

When you couple a non-linear power scale, with, not knowing how much power to play - in the first place - anyone can get baffled when trying to figure this game out.

A lot of guys have given up - early on - over those kinds of things.

You basically have to spoon-feed all but the most passionate video golfers.

This game is definitely fun to play, for those of us that have been committed to figuring it out.  - But, it's such an enthusiast driven piece of software, that it fails at relating to a good portion of potential consumers.

• Mike Jones, LeazesNDR, worrybirdie and 3 others like this

#78 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 08 May 2016 - 02:35 AM

While this review is obviously based on a misinformed user, and user error; it is also important for a game maker to make the game as user-friendly as possible... in order to avoid these kinds of fits and starts.

It's called making a game, "Idiot-Proof." Seriously.

I've played video golf games well for years, and I am usually a quick study; but, even I had to search around for videos - in the beginning - to figure out how to play the game, and how to execute the swing.

I've oftentimes had to come to the forums to figure out how to setup the cameras and other things like that. -- Things that seem obvious - now that I know them; but were clearly just over the rainbow, prior to gaining that knowledge.

Heck, most of us probably have no idea what 99% of the Console Commands do. -- And, should we really have access to all of that?

So, even though this particular reviewer doesn't know what he's talking about, regarding features... he does know that he's not willing to search around for how to navigate the game. -- And, there are a lot of potential customers that are lazy, like that.

Some of us have been willing to have spent hours on end within the confines of the practice range - after each physics update - figuring out how the clubs in this game play; which can be quite non-linear, when compared to the methodologies of previous video golf games, of which we've otherwise become accustomed to.

There is a portion of the video golf community, that just wants to have the game directly point out - where exactly on the meter - they need to hit it. -- Not just the snap, but the distance, as well.

When you couple a non-linear power scale, with, not knowing how much power to play - in the first place - anyone can get baffled when trying to figure this game out.

A lot of guys have given up - early on - over those kinds of things.

You basically have to spoon-feed all but the most passionate video golfers.

This game is definitely fun to play, for those of us that have been committed to figuring it out.  - But, it's such an enthusiast driven piece of software, that it fails at relating to the majority of consumers.

IMHO, the majority of consumers aren't interested in a golf game to begin with. To try to gain them as potential customers is a waste of time and effort. Even if they initially buy the game, there interest will be short lived and their reviews harsh and mean. I, for instance, would never buy a computer game on baseball, or basketball because I really don't enjoy either participating or watching those games. IMHO, golf has even a smaller audience. If you have no golf interest IRL, you probably should save you money and not buy this game. The learning curve is pretty high regardless of the swing type chosen.

• spy88 likes this
Richard

Posted Image

#79 Griz891

Griz891

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 04:19 AM

Graphics - 6/10 by modern standards the graphics are quite poor, they chose to use directX 9 along with unity, The Graphics look ok at first but when you look closer you realise how basic they are. Water looks terrible, no 3d grass for light rough and rough, lighting is very basic and the performance is inconsistant from course to course. I have to turn settings down on an I7 4790k@4.6ghz and a amd Fury to maintain 60fps on some courses.

Here's one guys review and he actually does have some really good points. Since the game has come out, people have been struggling with FPS and have even gone as far as spending money to upgrade there machines. Granted, now days with most computer games it's essential to upgrade or buy a PC with a good graphics card. The game looks fine to me, but there's alot of people who are going to buy it and really really struggle with FPS. I've never liked how the water meshes with the shoreline either, but hey, it's water.....just stay out of it right?....LOL. But as far as graphics go for this game, that's going to be the killer IMO.

#80 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 04:37 AM

The Chicago Oaks, Illinois, Bethesda, Bandon Dunes, Ocean View, and many others look very good on my 10 ft wide screen.  TGC looks good also but after a while, something about it just keeps telling me I'm playing a video game.  JNPG feels more realistic.

Having said that, the masses will expect 3D grass and better water reflections for pc and especially consoles.

• nightowl likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users