#41 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 07 May 2016 - 06:53 PM

If it becomes a relevant point… I would rather have it only on one console, in this case Xbox, if it means that one console would be able to use third-party courses and the other wouldn't.

For me, no third-party courses will mean the console release is dead on arrival.

The ability to have the endless third-party courses is a huge component of the game in my opinion.

What are TGC people always so jazzed about?
Courses

Besides gameplay improvements what are Rory fans always asking for?
More courses (...and content in general)

Current owners of JNPG aren't getting their courses via Microsoft Live, they're getting them through Online Golf Tours and other scattered file hosting sites.  I don't see how being on Microsoft/XBox Live is going to give XBox One owners an avenue to grab these user created "free" courses.  There may be a sensible business way to do this, I just don't know what it is at this point.

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#42 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 06:57 PM

Current owners of JNPG aren't getting their courses via Microsoft Live, they're getting them through Online Golf Tours and other scattered file hosting sites.  I don't see how being on Microsoft/XBox Live is going to give XBox One owners an avenue to grab these user created "free" courses.  There may be a sensible business way to do this, I just don't know what it is at this point.

My main point is that MS is actively trying to tie the XBOX and Windows worlds together.

No such thing even remotely exists or is going to exist for the Sony side (unless it's a secret and nobody knows yet)

If there's a way to use 3rd party courses on console anytime soon, it would stand to reason that the best chance of that would be on XBOX

#43 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 07 May 2016 - 06:59 PM

Maybe PP will figure out a way to make the course files cross-platform capable like HBS has done with TGC third party courses. :)

-MERACE

It will be tough for them to do this, considering the fact that JNPG courses generally require a 150 to 300 MB file to be stored on the hard drive, whereas TGC is virtually downloading the course file data "on the fly", or temporarily installing the courses "DNA" on the XB1, PS4, or PC's hard drive as you play the game.  I do hope they have some creative solution though.

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#44 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 07 May 2016 - 07:01 PM

The point is that MS is actively trying to tie the XBOX and Windows worlds together.

No such thing even remotely exists or is going to exist for the Sony side (unless it's a secret and nobody knows yet)

If there's a way to use 3rd party courses on console anytime soon, it would stand to reason that the best chance of that would be on XBOX

It's a new world with this shared environment between the two.  I agree, it would have a much better chance of happening on the XBox One given then linkage of it and the PC via Microsoft Live and Windows 10.

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#45 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 07:02 PM

Anyone know of any games on PS or XB that let you add game content via USB flash drive?

Perhaps that's an avenue that could work?

#46 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 07:31 PM

I don't think the file format is the problem at all - it's more about the fact that we are currently downloading them from a third-party source and manually installing them, which, to my knowledge is not something you can even get close to doing with PlayStation or Xbox

Again, maybe PP will sometime in the future either also host third party courses or just use an automated install linked to OGT's servers. 

-MERACE

#47 Moggy

Moggy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 08:23 PM

The sooner P.G. gets to X.Box one the better, great news .

#48 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 09 May 2016 - 06:23 PM

The sooner P.G. gets to X.Box one the better, great news .

I agree Moggy, but before they do release it on XBox One, I think all of the following needs to be done to make it a successful launch:

1.) New animations with multiple (hopefully at least facially customizable to a degree) right and left handed, male and female characters.

2.) A new GUI geared more towards controller use both in game and menu navigation is added

3.) The ability for multiple XBox One controllers to be connected and working independently of each other for local multiplayer is added

4.) A clear-cut method for how courses, and custom equipment and player add-on options is described

5.) Fix the "Controller Handedness" option such that when the player chooses "Left", the tuning of the default, "Right" thumbstick choice follows the functionality of the right stick over to the left stick as well.  As it stands right now, changing from right to left gives the left stick user a radically more punitive sensitivity setup in terms of swinging the club.  It's not the same game.

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#49 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 11:35 PM

I agree Moggy, but before they do release it on XBox One, I think all of the following needs to be done to make it a successful launch:

1.) New animations with multiple (hopefully at least facially customizable to a degree) right and left handed, male and female characters.

2.) A new GUI geared more towards controller use both in game and menu navigation is added

3.) The ability for multiple XBox One controllers to be connected and working independently of each other for local multiplayer is added

4.) A clear-cut method for how courses, and custom equipment and player options is described

5.) Fix the "Controller Handedness" option such that when the player chooses "Left", the tuning of the default, "Right" thumbstick choice follows the functionality of the right stick over to the left stick as well.  As it stands right now, changing from right to left gives the left stick user a radically more punitive sensitivity setup in terms of swinging the club.  It's not the same game.

6. Find a way to release PG on PS4 the same date or close to the same date it's released on XBox One.  ;)

-MERACE

#50 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 12:16 AM

6. Find a way to release PG on PS4 the same date or close to the same date it's released on XBox One.  ;)

-MERACE

Not a priority for me honestly - Being on "a console" sooner rather than waiting to be on both simultaneously is preferable in my personal view.

• Moggy likes this

#51 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 10 May 2016 - 02:33 AM

Maybe they can outsource the PS4 conversion to HB Studios?  They did a bang-up job with the PC to PS4 conversion of The Golf Club, IMO :D

• MERACE and Moggy like this

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#52 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 May 2016 - 11:36 PM

PlayStation®  Partner Registration Completion
Thank You!

Your application to join the PlayStation Partners program for your entity has been submitted.

Below are the next steps in the registration process:

1. Wait until you receive an e-mail confirming that your application has been accepted
2. Using the instructions in the email, login and accept the PlayStation Global Developer & Publisher Agreement
3. Submit your bank account information

In due course, you will receive access to SIE development and publishing websites, SDKs and information via email to guide you through the development and publishing of your game on PlayStation.
Please note there may be delays during periods when there is a high volume of applications to process. SIE will contact you via email once your application has been processed.

• MERACE, DivotMaker and mebby like this

#53 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 11:45 PM

Love it!

What about 3rd party courses on console?

No go?

#54 DivotMaker

DivotMaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 11:52 PM

Love it!

What about 3rd party courses on console?

No go?

Give 'em a chance to get in the program first..... ;)

PC

Xbox One X

Steam ID: DivotMaker

#55 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 11 May 2016 - 12:32 AM

PlayStation®  Partner Registration Completion
Thank You!

Your application to join the PlayStation Partners program for your entity has been submitted.

Below are the next steps in the registration process:

1. Wait until you receive an e-mail confirming that your application has been accepted
2. Using the instructions in the email, login and accept the PlayStation Global Developer & Publisher Agreement
3. Submit your bank account information

In due course, you will receive access to SIE development and publishing websites, SDKs and information via email to guide you through the development and publishing of your game on PlayStation.
Please note there may be delays during periods when there is a high volume of applications to process. SIE will contact you via email once your application has been processed.

This news is going to make a lot of folks happy... I'm glad to see confirmation that this step is being taken.  You can go ahead and tally $34.99 in your account with the sale this ultimately result in with me.  I'm one of those obsessive nerds who has to have my favorite golf games on every platform, so I can play them with my friends who are scattered among all three platforms... so what I'm saying is, go ahead and tally another $34.99 in your account for the XBox One version that I'll no doubt be buying also  :lol:

• MERACE, Greensboronclion and Moggy like this

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#56 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 01:29 AM

Like JC:  I will be buying on at least one Console, perhaps both...

If....and a HUGE if......we can use 3rd party courses.

I simply won't have any interest if it's only 1st party courses unfortunately.

#57 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 02:47 AM

Wow....already have pc and simulators.  Adding Xbox and Playstation is huge.   OGT  servers are gonna be smoking.....:)

• Bluengold34, mebby and Moggy like this

#58 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 03:35 AM

This news is going to make a lot of folks happy...

...very, very happy indeed! ;) :)

-MERACE
  • Moggy likes this

#59 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 11 May 2016 - 04:15 AM

Here's another chance for Perfect Parallel to be a trendsetter... every non arcade golf game to date for the XBox One has relegated the XBox One to 900p graphics, while the PS4 version of the same two games - The Golf Club and Rory McIlrory PGA Tour, were displayed in a fully resplendent 1080p.  PP could be the first to blaze a new trail, and present JNPG at 1080p, at >30 fps (hopefully more like >40 fps), since they'll have Windows 10 and DirectX 12 in their corner.   B)

• Moggy likes this

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#60 Moggy

Moggy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 12:10 PM

Looking forward to to playing J.N.P.G. on X.Box one in the very near future, great news . Excited is not the word .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users