#81 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 18 May 2016 - 10:44 PM

lol - That's sort of why I'm not sure the point in talking about anything console related right now.

:D

My ulterior motive for talking about it is to grease the skids for consideration to be given to viable console options, while the console conversion is early enough in its planning stages, to incorporate them in the all important, impression forming initial releases.

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#82 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 10:45 PM

I have to think that anything Console related will probably be kept under wraps publicly.

JC:  Perhaps your mission could be best accomplished through PM's to the devs?

Or is the goal just to have it "out there" so they can read our thoughts on all this?

That is understandable if so

#83 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 18 May 2016 - 10:54 PM

I have to think that anything Console related will probably be kept under wraps publicly.

JC:  Perhaps your mission could be best accomplished through PM's to the devs?

Maybe, but they read the Forum just as much, if not more so than the next guy so I'm sure they're not missing anything.  We are talking about console versions in this thread, so I figured what better place to discuss the desires of potential console version customers?  If this question I've raised doesn't elicit any feedback, I'll know no one was interested and move along.

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#84 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 10:55 PM

Maybe, but they read the Forum just as much, if not more so than the next guy so I'm sure they're not missing anything.  We are talking about console versions in this thread, so I figured what better place to discuss the desires of potential console version customers?  If this question I've raised doesn't elicit any feedback, I'll know no one was interested and move along.

May you have better luck than others (like myself) have had with influencing the direction of features and requests!

;)

#85 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 18 May 2016 - 11:18 PM

May you have better luck than others (like myself) have had with influencing the direction of features and requests!

;)

Ask the former devs at Tiburon (EA Sports) where the idea for meterless precision putting in Tiger Woods 10 came from, or those at HBS where the "stay with golfer as long as desired" view option and swing camera option 3 in TGC came from  ;)   Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets the grease, but I can name dozens of other whining campaigns of mine that have gone begging... notice the excruciatingly annoying tempo bubble STILL can't be turned off by exercising an option in Rory McIlrory PGA Tour?  Not that having that option would pull that game's fat out of the fire anyway :)

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#86 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 11:21 PM

notice the tempo bubble is STILL can't be turned off by exercising an option in Rory McIlrory PGA Tour? 

That one is so mystifying to me - The highest difficulty level should NEVER have that to begin with!  And on custom swing you certainly should be able to turn it off at least - (i.e.  Custom!  haha)

• JCat04 likes this

#87 samterrence

samterrence

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationWest Yorkshire

Posted 19 May 2016 - 02:33 PM

I think it will be a superb game on The X Box and PS 4 systems, the graphics on both these consoles are as good as any  high end PC, without the never ending updating of the graphics card driver  (and sometimes a new graphics card to keep the game running smoothly).

another plus point would be the ability to talk to your fellow players through the headset, so no more need for the chat box LOL.

I will definitely be buying the console version ASAP

#88 Gasman

Gasman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 08:23 PM

I think it will be a superb game on The X Box and PS 4 systems, the graphics on both these consoles are as good as any high end PC, without the never ending updating of the graphics card driver (and sometimes a new graphics card to keep the game running smoothly).
another plus point would be the ability to talk to your fellow players through the headset, so no more need for the chat box LOL.
I will definitely be buying the console version ASAP

PC's can turn out much better visuals than both PS4 & XONE.
  • DivotMaker likes this

#89 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 09:21 PM

PC's can turn out much better visuals than both PS4 & XONE.

....and it's not even close

• DivotMaker likes this

#90 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 19 May 2016 - 09:40 PM

As much as I love my consoles, I gotta agree with Gasman and Buck... even my relatively modest gaming PC (see sig below for specs) outpaces both the XBox One and PS4 in both graphics quality and performance.  But still, any platform than can deliver something as breathtaking as Forza 6 on my XBox One, has a reasonable shot a delivering Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf in pretty decent shape, IMO. B)

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#91 Gasman

Gasman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 09:51 PM

Started reading up on PC's,going to upgrade in the coming months.

Some big price tags on those top end set ups,gotta do my research.

#92 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 20 May 2016 - 01:20 AM

Started reading up on PC's,going to upgrade in the coming months.

Some big price tags on those top end set ups,gotta do my research.

I'm likely to update my system with a GeForce 1070, or possibly whatever AMD's equivalent to it will be *IF* one or the other of the cards will fit into my PC case.  I would have bought a Geforce GTX 970 last year if I could have found one that would fit my case (I've got an Acer mid-tower case).  The thing is, my current graphics card (the Geforce GTX 960) runs every game I play on the PC at 60 FPS+, at ultra-detail, except for my two golf games.  The question I gotta ask myself is this... is it worth $380 to run two $34.99 golf games at 60 FPS at high-detail settings (but probably not maxed out still)?  

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#93 Armand

Armand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 20 May 2016 - 03:29 AM

A bit off-topic (apologies), but further to the PC purchase, I've been suggested to review the PCMasterRace reddit site:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/

They provide several PC configurations that you'd assemble/build yourself for relatively low cost.  Their builds can be found here (it's purely coincidence that "The Crusher" is the name of one of their builds - completely unrelated to Crusher here on the forums - I think!):

https://www.reddit.c...ace/wiki/builds

I've not used this site before, but several colleagues suggested it to me.  Have others used it?

#94 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 May 2016 - 12:47 PM

Glad to hear about the UI redesign, not that it's bad currently, but could look a lot more modern.

The other main issue for me is how the golfer reacts to the surface/lie. Still a lot of funky looking shots/stances and overall clipping which I think needs quite a bit of polish, but it's not a huge rush.

At least we dont do what EA Rory does and just move the ball to a flat lie.  Try it out, hit a ball near the lip of a bunker and watch as magically you are now in the middle of the bunker on a flat lie when it renders

#95 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 May 2016 - 12:56 PM

On the subject of user courses I cannot see any way MS would allow external files to be added.  So that will leave us with approved DLC as the way to go.  Unfortunately to ensure that all courses meet the minimum FPS standards we will probably have to work on a number of the user courses before they could be added to DLC.  In addition I cant see real courses being added unless we have a license which is why we have started working so hard on getting these licenses coming in although we are not in a position to pay anything up front for them

So it will be a bit of a wait and see exercise I am sure as to what can and cannot be included.

#96 Gasman

Gasman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 01:28 PM

At least we dont do what EA Rory does and just move the ball to a flat lie. Try it out, hit a ball near the lip of a bunker and watch as magically you are now in the middle of the bunker on a flat lie when it renders

There is no answer to this problem you either go with what looks best or play the ball where it lies & have a contorted animation.
BTW you have made a strong game no need to be over critical of other golf games.

#97 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 20 May 2016 - 03:04 PM

On the subject of user courses I cannot see any way MS would allow external files to be added.  So that will leave us with approved DLC as the way to go.  Unfortunately to ensure that all courses meet the minimum FPS standards we will probably have to work on a number of the user courses before they could be added to DLC.  In addition I cant see real courses being added unless we have a license which is why we have started working so hard on getting these licenses coming in although we are not in a position to pay anything up front for them

So it will be a bit of a wait and see exercise I am sure as to what can and cannot be included.

I'm glad you spoke to this issue.  I had a hunch it was going to be this way since the course files have to stay on the user's hard drive.  I would be fine with DLC, as it becomes available, but then I'm sure you'd be left with the issue of how to compensate users for their created courses that got turned into DLC.  I can also see where the licensing issue on real courses is going to a tough one to wrestle with also.  I'd imagine there'd be a lot of cases where you wouldn't be able to come to terms with a number of courses and they'd be off the plate.  

I understand the wait and see exercise and I'm sure it will take its own direction over time.  If you package the console versions with what you had with the PC version, that's still a pretty attractive number of courses.  Then again, a couple of quick, affordable DLC course offerings shortly after launch would help shape the climate concerning the market's expectations concerning them going forward.  You're going to have a bit of a hard sell on your hands to those who will say, "well I don't have to pay for additional courses in The Golf Club, why am I having to pay for them here?"  I and most of the other regulars here understand the reasons, but there's going to be a sizable market segment that will not have, or won't be willing to do their homework on it.  

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#98 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 03:51 PM

Thanks for responding Andrew.

Sounds like I'll be on PC indefinitely.   No worries - I sort of figured that might be the case.

#99 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 20 May 2016 - 05:38 PM

On the subject of user courses I cannot see any way MS would allow external files to be added.  So that will leave us with approved DLC as the way to go.  

I guess I should have asked this in my original reply, but would this "DLC" necessarily have to be premium DLC?  I can't imagine that it wouldn't have to have a price tag of some sort, especially if some processing and conditioning is going to be required on Perfect Parallel's part.  I remember reading that Microsoft's new policy toward updates for Indie developers was that they could offer game updates for free.  Would a "free" DLC be considered an "update"?

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#100 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 May 2016 - 10:03 PM

To the extent that we dont incur costs and user courses have no licensing issues I see no reason why we would not bundle them as Free DLC for consoles.  There will be licensed courses where we have to pay for the license where they will be Paid DLC.  IF the paid DLC is popular we will get more licenses and release more real courses.  One fo the advantages of where we are today is courses we are negotiating with today will be for all platforms. 

We are currently in negotiations with Quail Hollow, Congressional and Royal Troon.  It is highly likely these will be paid DLC due to licensing needs.  If  the volume of downloads is high enough we will continue to push for these deals and the more evidence we have of volume the easier it is for us to reduce the cost of the license per course which of course makes the DLC cheaper.  If the volume is not there then we will probably go with a different approach for consoles

• Richard and zmax - sim like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users