286 replies to this topic

#281 wim1234

wim1234

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 18 September 2016 - 09:02 AM

there are sooo many ways to strike a golfbar, its impossible to ge them all in, i dare say.

my only real complaint with this game is, i never will be able to play as i do in real, because you cannot adjust shotlength per club.

but i know i am a very small minority with that, so it is as it is.

dont play much of late, but sure will try pebble when thats done by mr Rose.

• tlvx likes this

#282 JoeF

JoeF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts
  • LocationBrighton, Ontario, Canada

Posted 18 September 2016 - 02:13 PM

Ian,

You  are correct, you cannot get the driver to balloon in JNPG.  This was by design because the devs felt that most players would complain if they couldn't get the extra distance on their drives (since that is what they were accustomed to from earlier golf games).  Your posts prove them correct. ;)  For the shorter irons the ballooning effect is less pronounced, just as it is in real golf.

I'm curious, but what makes you think you should be able to an extra 20 yards of carry from a 3W in the game as it is now?  If you are equating an extra 10% in power level with an extra 10% in distance then you are mistaken as there is no 1:1 relationship between power percentage and distance in JNPG.  Since I'm away from home I can't test but I'm pretty sure you can currently get a few more yards carry before the ballooning effect takes over and robs you of distance.  Perhaps try hitting at 105% instead of 110.  And once the different shafts/balls are introduced you may very well be able to get your extra 20 yards. :)

As to trajectory adjustment you could be right.  I've found that to keep it really low after making the adjustment down I need to hit a lower lofted club with less power. 

As to carry/roll between swing styles I don't perceive that to be a disadvantage (and I play RTS-M).  To me it is equivalent to the differences one would see between different types of equipment in real life.  I would expect to get a few more yards out of a $500.00 driver than I would out of a $100.00 driver.  :D  It's just a matter of perspective.

I believe Daz was referring to real life.  In JNPG if the tempo of the swing (which has nothing to do with the speed of the swing) is correct the ball with still go straight.  We even see that in real life - i.e. Ernie Ells or Fred Couples - a relaxed, easy swing that still goes straight and long. 

Intel i5-4570 cpu @ 3.2 GHz, ASUS Z74-K mb, ASUS GeForce GTX 960 gpu, 16 GB ram, 2 x SSD drives, Windows 10 64 bit

Steam name: sound_flier

#283 Stoney

Stoney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 18 September 2016 - 02:49 PM

Still no reply on CF status fine im done in here i wont bother them anymore.

• DriverDivots likes this

#284 Ian

Ian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts
  • LocationCanvey Island, Essex, UK

Posted 18 September 2016 - 02:56 PM

Joe,

Whether the shorter irons balloon or not, a 64 wedge to a 6 iron will go further (carry) the harder it's hit. Yes, it also creates more spin, which can be used to one's advantage or not. My point is that from a 5 iron up and all the woods other than a Driver, they go shorter the harder they are hit. It is simply not correct. When I played off of a 6 handicap, if I wanted to hit my 3 wood further, I swung harder/faster, and if I timed it correctly, it would go further, if I mishit it , it wouldn't. If I have a shot to a green that's 260 yards, and I hit a 3 wood with a perfect snap at 120% I do not and should not, expect a carry of not 247yds (normal 100%) but 230 yards! It's simply ridiculous.

• tlvx likes this

#285 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 23 September 2016 - 05:32 PM

Read this morning's update from Andrew, and you might finally be able to use the word "soon" without irony ;)

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#286 J.H.Buchanan

J.H.Buchanan

PG Ameteur Titleist Golf Balls

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationMiami Beach, Florida

Posted 23 September 2016 - 05:35 PM

Read this morning's update from Andrew, and you might finally be able to use the word "soon" without irony ;)

Where is this mornings update from Andrew - in this thread or somewhere else on the internet ????????????????????

Little known fact when King Arthur was trying to make a golf course and he ran into some conflict. King Arthur: There's a peace only to be found on the other side of war. If that war should come I will fight it!    Other important fact. Read the Book of John in the Holy Bible. 

#287 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 23 September 2016 - 05:41 PM

Where is this mornings update from Andrew - in this thread or somewhere else on the internet ????????????????????

http://www.perfectpa...pdate/?p=111179

• J.H.Buchanan likes this
Richard

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users