52 replies to this topic

#1 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 11:03 AM

Nice to see continuous progress by HBStudios... some really nice features added for TGC2.   Good luck to them.  

#2 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 22 June 2016 - 02:03 PM

Agree, looks like some nice feature updates.

Hope they are worthy of a new game and not just something that could have been added to the existing game as a major update (chargeable or not).

I guess the move to Unity 5 has a lot to do with the new stuff and something they couldn't offer with Unity 4 maybe.

#3 Mulligan

Mulligan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • LocationVirtual Private Network

Posted 22 June 2016 - 02:17 PM

I'm amazed how infatuated the people on their forum are about waterfalls. How many real life courses have waterfalls?

#4 ArcadeHack

ArcadeHack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 22 June 2016 - 03:02 PM

The music is just as bad as the first TGC game.

#5 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 03:44 PM

Nothing to be excited about until some normal users get their hands on the new swing "ideas" they are attempting to implement.

Gameplay was always my main issue with TGC 1.  (repetitive, too easy in places, etc)

Will check back in 6 months when something might be out in beta format

#6 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 04:43 PM

Any idea on the price for TGC 2?   TGC fans will probably pay $40-60 without blinking an eye.

But, PG users will moan about a $20-30 significant update?

• Fairwayman and JTee1 like this

#7 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 08:31 PM

TGC will never be appealing to me without a 3click swing.

• fungolfer and Parboy like this

โ›ณ                          ๐ŸŒ๏ธโ€โ™‚๏ธ                             ๐ŸŒ๏ธโ€โ™€๏ธ                              โ›ณ

xqc8g0-2.png

๐ŸŒ๏ธโ€โ™‚๏ธ                                                       ๐ŸŒ๏ธโ€โ™€๏ธ
Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

โ›ณ                          ๐ŸŒ๏ธโ€โ™‚๏ธ                             ๐ŸŒ๏ธโ€โ™€๏ธ                              โ›ณ

51049423131_98884de356_w.jpg

#8 Sinewiz

Sinewiz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts
  • LocationMichigan U.S.A.

Posted 22 June 2016 - 08:35 PM

Love many of the additions, specifically the character creator, just wish I didn't dislike the game play so much.

• โ˜ InDaSkiesโ˜  likes this

Lakes of Taylor Golf Course

Links at Gateway Golf Club

#9 Stephen Sullivan

Stephen Sullivan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • LocationWorksop, Nottinghamshire

Posted 22 June 2016 - 08:54 PM

TGC will be never be appealing to me without a 3click swing.

A bit like PG is for me without powerstroke  :P

• Ian likes this
Posted Image

#10 Splash

Splash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • LocationUSA / Michigan

Posted 22 June 2016 - 11:37 PM

The video looks cool, I mean I got no problem supporting both if its good. Time will tell, lets see what happens.

• RobV likes this

AMD 8350 @ 4.8 / XSPC Raystorm H2O Kit & RX240 Radiator

ASRock 990FX Extreme 9

Kingston HyperX Beast 1866 CL 9-10-11 @ 1.5 volt

EVGA 980ti Classified @ 1521 / 1.21 volt

2 Kingston 3K 120 GB SSD's [System & Game Drives]

CoolerMaster Silent Pro 1000w PS

CoolerMaster HAF 922 Case

Panasonic 55 inch Viera Plasma 60Hz [DSR 3840 x 2160 - 60Hz for gaming]

7.1 Realtek Onboard / Optic Cable to ONKYO 1000w Rec. @ 24Bit / 192

7 Terabyte of Western Digital & Seagate SATA Storage

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

Charter Cable Internet / 65MB sec. Down & 5MB sec. Up

#11 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 02:09 AM

After having played TGC1 extensively, I don't see anything in that video to entice me to buy the game.  Literally nothing about game play, the golf course looks exactly like TGC1 with a waterfall, don't care about character creation and if they do their clubhouse thingie like they did their career mode, it'll suck donkey balls too.

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#12 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 02:32 AM

Lol.....

• karma4u likes this

#13 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 23 June 2016 - 03:34 AM

After having played TGC1 extensively, I don't see anything in that video to entice me to buy the game. Literally nothing about game play, the golf course looks exactly like TGC1 with a waterfall, don't care about character creation and if they do their clubhouse thingie like they did their career mode, it'll suck donkey balls too.

Lol! The career mode addon was insulting.

*edit* Not your comment by the way. Your comment was spot on. I meant that the career mode addon was such a water of my money that it was downright insulting.
  • Crow357 likes this

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#14 karma4u

karma4u

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 June 2016 - 04:47 AM

lmao...it is a "seasons" mode and, i agree it was and still is shite..imo..

Here's the thing however...........

PP announces the upcoming release of PG.........Sept. 24, 2012.........

HB announces the upcoming release of TGC......Jan.24. 2014............

These dates are significant and, the development of each game.....reflects its following..

Antec p100

i7@ 3.4..win 10-64bit..16gb ram..EVGA gtx970 FTW..4gb..ACX 2.0....Corsair HX750w & hydro cooler..

Gsync..2560x1440..144 hz..1ms 

#15 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 05:21 AM

lmao...it is a "seasons" mode and, i agree it was and still is shite..imo..

Here's the thing however...........

PP announces the upcoming release of PG.........Sept. 24, 2012.........

HB announces the upcoming release of TGC......Jan.24. 2014............

These dates are significant and, the development of each game.....reflects its following..

So true

The difference here is:

- HB makes most of their money making and selling games

- PP makes their money doing TV & course design work ...and their game appears to be a side project 

This should serve as a cautionary lesson to all here who love PG (myself included).  It's unlikely this game will ever be on the forefront of things unless the revenue situation changes.  That doesn't mean it won't be great, but it will likely always be slower to develop and less feature packed (graphics, modes, polish, etc) than other offerings as this simply isn't the top priority for PP.  I do not blame them one iota either - We all have to eat.

• Parboy and nightowl like this

#16 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 05:44 AM

So true

The difference here is:

- HB makes most of their money making and selling games

- PP makes their money doing TV & course design work ...and their game appears to be a side project 

This should serve as a cautionary lesson to all here who love PG (myself included).  It's unlikely this game will ever be on the forefront of things unless the revenue situation changes.  That doesn't mean it won't be great, but it will likely always be slower to develop and less feature packed (graphics, modes, polish, etc) than other offerings as this simply isn't the top priority for PP.  I do not blame them one iota either - We all have to eat.

I disagree.   No idea where this thought that PG is their hobby/side business, etc, came from.  The amount of hours they put in each day into this game suggest otherwise.  For those that don't know, there is no simulator version of PG.  It's all the same game.  Any advancement or feature that gets put in for sim users, will be available for pc users as well.  It's the same the other way around.

The main difference in development time between TGC and PG is due to the size of the development teams.  HB had/has a team of a dozen I believe.  So, even with a team of programmers, why did their career mode suck?

PG doesn't have a big team like HB.   But it doesn't mean PG won't be feature packed.  Just means things might not come as fast as we want.

• J_Schollmeyer likes this

#17 karma4u

karma4u

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 June 2016 - 06:33 AM

You know what Buck..i just can't wrap my head around that thought..Not sayin' you're wrong...just find that extremely hard to believe..

Seriously, i hope this game becomes a great success...

I however do not believe that this is a side project for PP........

Hope i'm wrong.........and it becomes the game that it truly could be.........

STILL, it's up to PP.........NOT........the lovers of the game or trusting, hoping believers.....Perfect Parallel..yup, that's it..

Antec p100

i7@ 3.4..win 10-64bit..16gb ram..EVGA gtx970 FTW..4gb..ACX 2.0....Corsair HX750w & hydro cooler..

#18 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 23 June 2016 - 06:36 AM

The seasons mode was a massive cash grab that was offered along with the ugly and crap tropical theme.  The gameplay in TGC is by far the most inane feature, i really don't see how anyone could defend it, the swing and mechanic was more authentic when it was in early access.  They were swayed by people on the forum that know nothing about a decent swing mechanic to chop and change things as time went on, resulting in the simplistic, boring game they have today.  I will not be purchasing TGC 2 as it will be another cash grab, GNCD does not interest me anymore either, it will never give you the freedom that CF does so it's a no thanks from me.

This is no PG fanboy rant either, JNPG still requires plenty of work too, MP is terrible right now!  I have taken a break from CF to play a bit more and i have yet to have a stable enjoyable MP game unless i am hosting the game, career mode is way overdue and does not look like it will come anytime soon either.  The current A.I. does not recognise the need to club down with regards to off the tee shot point placements, will this force designers to ensure the first shot point has plenty of fairway for the A.I to work with to make the course viable? The roll out on some chip shots still puzzle me sometimes ( sometimes way too much, other times not enough ) and more work is needed to make partial shots with controller more achievable, its not granular enough imo.   It's got to the point now where i only play PG to play my OGT tour rounds and thats it.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#19 karma4u

karma4u

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 June 2016 - 07:04 AM

I will not be purchasing TGC 2 as it will be another cash grab, GNCD does not interest me anymore either, it will never give you the freedom that CF does so it's a no thanks from me

Hey, i think you create really nice courses..

Pretty sure you bought TGC for under $20...and, about a year later.. there was a DLC for $10...Agreed, i didn't think it was worth a shit...BUT, still a damn cheap and really good golf game..(course designer included)

Absolutely understand where you are coming from..re: CF and GNCD...love that train...etc...

However, there really has been no cash grab by HB.......

Antec p100

#20 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 07:30 AM

@zmax & @karma

So you guys don't think that the tv and course design visualization work is PP's primary income and concern?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users