52 replies to this topic

#41 BionicWolf

BionicWolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 02:51 PM

It blows my mind that these preview clips don't show any actual in-game PLAY.  Many other game companies also do this and it baffles me. I expect to see how the game actually plays as opposed to watching fly-bys with pretty graphics. I watch these videos hoping  to see "in game play"  to get an idea if I'd like the game or not. Very few clips actually show in game footage. 

#42 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 16 July 2016 - 04:03 PM

It blows my mind that these preview clips don't show any actual in-game PLAY. Many other game companies also do this and it baffles me. I expect to see how the game actually plays as opposed to watching fly-bys with pretty graphics. I watch these videos hoping to see "in game play" to get an idea if I'd like the game or not. Very few clips actually show in game footage.

Yea. I agree. They announced TGC2 really early so there's not much to show at this point.

I feel for them in a way because now they're gonna get 7 months of armchair quarterbacking on their forum.

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#43 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 04:59 PM

Yea. I agree. They announced TGC2 really early so there's not much to show at this point.
I feel for them in a way because now they're gonna get 7 months of armchair quarterbacking on their forum.

The saying, "you're damned if you do and dammed if you don't" certainly applies here. ;)

People on the HBS forums were almost demanding that they reveal if they are working on a major update to TGC or a new game (TGC 2). Also, they wanted to accommodate their publisher (Maximum Games) by coming up with a video announcing TGC 2.

From what I've been reading on the TGC forums is that the graphics and gameplay are very much a work in progress. In the meantime, we will have to rely on the producer Anthony's posts describing what they are working on.

-MERACE

#44 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 16 July 2016 - 05:20 PM

I have zero faith in the Hb team to deliver a challenging and rewarding experience, it should have been an update to the current game rather than TGC 2. i'm sure plenty will buy into it, but not for me.

• BionicWolf and cajuncapgun like this

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#45 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 05:28 AM

I have zero faith in the Hb team to deliver a challenging and rewarding experience, it should have been an update to the current game rather than TGC 2. i'm sure plenty will buy into it, but not for me.

I completely agree. :)

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

xqc8g0-2.png

🏌️‍♂️                                                       🏌️‍♀️
Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

51049423131_98884de356_w.jpg

#46 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 04:29 AM

I am also quite skeptical that they will change "enough" to entice the typical PG user.

#47 frank70

frank70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 August 2016 - 10:59 AM

Although i agree with everything stated that TGC has subpar gameplay: everything else the developers are doing seems more professional and thought out as the PP guys do.

Communication, time of development, business model, marketing. HB studios have much bigger sale numbers, that's the truth. And they will have financial success with TGC 2 as well.

JNPG needs a big boost in the near future to keep the game running. A sidekick business cannot take up resources without a return of invest forever. And considering game development in general: If it takes your game 5 years to be finished, there is a good chance, that it is alrready looking outdated by then.

I hope that the console release can push the game. But PS4 isn't even approved yet. How long will that take from now?

And as much i love the game and OGT: 400 tour players worldwide isn't a nearly big enough number to carry the game - as we have seen by the rather disappointing sale numbers of the official courses.

We need way more players. The game has a great foundation. But a lot of other important factors when developing and selling a game leaves a lot to be desired.
  • Perculator, erwildcat, Griz891 and 2 others like this

#48 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 22 August 2016 - 11:49 AM

Although i agree with everything stated that TGC has subpar gameplay: everything else the developers are doing seems more professional and thought out as the PP guys do.

Communication, time of development, business model, marketing. HB studios have much bigger sale numbers, that's the truth. And they will have financial success with TGC 2 as well.

JNPG needs a big boost in the near future to keep the game running. A sidekick business cannot take up resources without a return of invest forever. And considering game development in general: If it takes your game 5 years to be finished, there is a good chance, that it is alrready looking outdated by then.

I hope that the console release can push the game. But PS4 isn't even approved yet. How long will that take from now?

And as much i love the game and OGT: 400 tour players worldwide isn't a nearly big enough number to carry the game - as we have seen by the rather disappointing sale numbers of the official courses.

We need way more players. The game has a great foundation. But a lot of other important factors when developing and selling a game leaves a lot to be desired.

I agree with all of this.

TGC's gameplay needs to be more realistic but they are are working on it.  Hopefully TGC2 is more engaging and fun to play.  I want them to succeed as much as I want JNPG to succeed.  A few good quality games in the market place is good for the genre.

• MERACE likes this

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#49 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 05:28 PM

I agree with all of this.

TGC's gameplay needs to be more realistic but they are are working on it.  Hopefully TGC2 is more engaging and fun to play.  I want them to succeed as much as I want JNPG to succeed.  A few good quality games in the market place is good for the genre.

Some of the things brought up lately at TGC forum would help immensely, especially things like accounting for uphill/downhill lies correctly.

I really hope they pay attention to those sorts of details this time.
  • mebby likes this

#50 fungolfer

fungolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 06:06 AM

lmao...it is a "seasons" mode and, i agree it was and still is shite..imo..

Here's the thing however...........

PP announces the upcoming release of PG.........Sept. 24, 2012.........

HB announces the upcoming release of TGC......Jan.24. 2014............

These dates are significant and, the development of each game.....reflects its following..

So what are you trying to say with these dates?

1. The development teams don't have the same size.

2. These dates don't say when they started working on the game, it is just an announcement that they are building a game. It doesn't say when etc.

3. As you can see, it reflects about...NOTHING! ;)

Nice try tho...

Who cares...

#51 Jesus Jones

Jesus Jones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 11:47 AM

No need for me to comment anymore. I am going to leave a negative review at steam. The comments made by some posters are rude. Yet my comments need to be checked as if I were a twelve yr. Old. It seems some folks carry favor over others. I will spread the word. I should have believed the comments at steam. You have proved them to be accurate.

#52 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 August 2016 - 02:04 PM

Thread Cleaned.  With a staff of 4 people we could have everyone dedicated to moderating the forums and nothing would get done. 

Since the approach here seems to be lets write negative reviews on Steam because an off topic forum is not policed to everyones satisfaction the only solution available to us is to start adding more people onto moderator approval.  IT is a complete waste of our time because grown up adults cannot get along and want to ruin it for everyone.

• JoeF, fungolfer, Richard and 10 others like this

#53 Tigers Agent

Tigers Agent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationNext Door.

Posted 25 August 2016 - 02:39 AM

Thread Cleaned.  With a staff of 4 people we could have everyone dedicated to moderating the forums and nothing would get done. 

Since the approach here seems to be lets write negative reviews on Steam because an off topic forum is not policed to everyones satisfaction the only solution available to us is to start adding more people onto moderator approval.  IT is a complete waste of our time because grown up adults cannot get along and want to ruin it for everyone.

Funny place this forum. But come hell or high-water, good news gets to the good people and the negative comments fall on the wayside. You would think people would learn not to be negative as they grow older---all it does it turn people off from the individual offering up a plate of negativism. :o)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users