Photo

Difficulty levels again...I apologize in advance.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
108 replies to this topic

#81 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 05 August 2016 - 01:00 PM

Completely missing the point.

I don't need any help with my swing thank you.

look at my scoring if you think i'm cheating?.

Isn't anyone interested in why the ball moves right/left with no axis controller? and with no apparent "tempo" being used with the RTS-C? ALL I'm interested in is why? nothing to do with cheating anything, there must be something going on in the background of this game that makes the ball react the way it does, simple as that i just want to know what?, and Tigers Agent why would i actually care what you think anyway? who are you?. 

No.  I'm not interested in why the ball moves right/left while someone is blatantly cheating.  It's completely irrelevant.  Just think about what you're asking.  You're asking why the game doesn't behave the way you think it should while you are playing it in a way that was never intended.  

If you play the game as intended this never comes into play. 

• Tigers Agent likes this

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#82 Tigers Agent

Tigers Agent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationNext Door.

Posted 05 August 2016 - 01:07 PM

No.  I'm not interested in why the ball moves right/left while someone is blatantly cheating.  It's completely irrelevant.  Just think about what you're asking.  You're asking why the game doesn't behave the way you think it should while you are playing it in a way that was never intended.  

you say that so much nicer than I did Mebby.. 

• mebby likes this

#83 Tigers Agent

Tigers Agent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationNext Door.

Posted 05 August 2016 - 01:08 PM

Completely missing the point.

I don't need any help with my swing thank you.

look at my scoring if you think i'm cheating?.

Isn't anyone interested in why the ball moves right/left with no axis controller? and with no apparent "tempo" being used with the RTS-C? ALL I'm interested in is why? nothing to do with cheating anything, there must be something going on in the background of this game that makes the ball react the way it does, simple as that i just want to know what?, and Tigers Agent why would i actually care what you think anyway? who are you?

I'm the guy calling you a cheater.. but not as nicely as everyone else. dumbass.

• Greensboronclion likes this

#84 stopits here

stopits here

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 05 August 2016 - 01:11 PM

Maybe if you know why the ball can go left or right with a cheat controller .... you can hit 15 of 14 fairways in the future??

Honestly: Why do you have to know something that shouldn't be relevant in the first place?

Just because devs/people say there is no "tempo" in the RTS-C and i think there is because the ball ONLY moves left when you do a slower swing?.

So my real point is this, are we shanking because of the "tempo" that's not supposed to be there

#85 StoneComet

StoneComet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 05 August 2016 - 01:13 PM

The point he is trying to make, I believe, is that there might possibly be some errors in the code that cause this and perhaps those errors pop up erroneously even on non-on plane shots. Like sometimes when you feel you've hit it straight and it shanks. Happens to me sometimes. But you are more experienced with the swing and you obviously have a better feel for it. So the question to you is; do you think that is a possibility? Please take some time and give an unemotional and reasoned response. Failing that, if what he is saying is true and the video and the conditions he is describing are accurate then either there is some straight shot anti-cheat code under the hood that the developers are keeping to themselves, these always seem to be discovered by the player base, or there is something wrong with the code.

If it is anti-cheat code then the developers will hopefully put the amount of straight shots per session in a row at some random number input so it is less predictable. Some of you veteran players or closed door beta testers may already be aware of this, I don't know. But you always got to calculate the human factor and there incredible ability to root things out.

I get that you do not care but that's not going to prevent other people from caring or simply dissecting the game. It always happens. If anything it gives the developers something to think about anti-cheat wise.

- We would be wise to remember that extremism is the real enemy and to keep ourselves aware so as not to become extreme ourselves; otherwise the enemy wins. -

#86 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 05 August 2016 - 01:21 PM

The point he is trying to make, I believe, is that there might possibly be some errors in the code that cause this and perhaps those errors pop up erroneously even on non-on plane shots. Like sometimes when you feel you've hit it straight and it shanks. Happens to me sometimes. But you are more experienced with the swing and you obviously have a better feel for it. So the question to you is; do you think that is a possibility. Please take some time and give an unemotional and reasoned response. Failing that, if what he is saying is true and the video and the conditions he is describing are accurate then either there is some straight shot anti-cheat code under the hood that the developers are keeping to themselves. These always seem to be discovered by the player base.

If it is anti-cheat code then the developers will hopefully put the amount of straight shots per session in a row at some random number input so it is less predictable. Some of you veteran players or closed door beta testers may already be aware of this, I don't know. But you always got to calculate the human factor and there incredible ability to root things out.

I get that you do not care but that's not going to prevent other people from caring or simply dissecting the game. It always happens. If anything it gives the developers something to think about anti-cheat wise.

What I'm saying is that I do not care because I don't play with devices that attempt to eliminate an axis.  And in my experiences (playing with legitimate controllers - DS4, XB360, and XB1) I've never once experienced this. Sure I've had shots that went off course when I felt that I executed a good shot but that's simply the nature of playing on a high difficulty level.  It requires near perfection so an occasional bad shot is expected.

I think what's possibly happening is that he's trying to use software and/or a crappy controller to eliminate an axis and it's not working as perfectly as he thinks it is.  What I mean is that the horizontal axis is not 100% eliminated and these imperfections are manifesting itself in some unexpected results.

What's the point in even TRYING this?  It's like putting diesel in a gasoline vehicle and then wondering why it sputters and smokes while driving down the road.

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#87 stopits here

stopits here

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 05 August 2016 - 01:25 PM

The point he is trying to make, I believe, is that there might possibly be some errors in the code that cause this and perhaps those errors pop up erroneously even on non-on plane shots. Like sometimes when you feel you've hit it straight and it shanks. Happens to me sometimes. But you are more experienced with the swing and you obviously have a better feel for it. So the question to you is; do you think that is a possibility? Please take some time and give an unemotional and reasoned response. Failing that, if what he is saying is true and the video and the conditions he is describing are accurate then either there is some straight shot anti-cheat code under the hood that the developers are keeping to themselves, these always seem to be discovered by the player base, or there is something wrong with the code.

With a steady back swing and steady forward swing the ball will go straight every time, if you slow down the swing a touch you will shank left. 

#88 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 05 August 2016 - 01:30 PM

With a steady back swing and steady forward swing the ball will go straight every time, if you slow down the swing a touch you will shank left. 

If this is happening with your cheating methods then it's likely due to the fact that when you slow your forward swing you are increasing the chances for the stick to go slightly off track (easier to move it straight when moving it swiftly than when moving it slowly).  I'm not sure what unsavory methods you are using to cheat but I'm guessing it's not as efficient at eliminating the axis as you think it is.

Do me a favor though.  Put the game mode to the easiest possible level and use a normal controller.  Repeat your same experiment (without attempting to eliminate an axis) and tell me what results you get.

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#89 stopits here

stopits here

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 05 August 2016 - 01:32 PM

What I'm saying is that I do not care because I don't play with devices that attempt to eliminate an axis.  And in my experiences (playing with legitimate controllers - DS4, XB360, and XB1) I've never once experienced this. Sure I've had shots that went off course when I felt that I executed a good shot but that's simply the nature of playing on a high difficulty level.  It requires near perfection so an occasional bad shot is expected.

I think what's possibly happening is that he's trying to use software and/or a crappy controller to eliminate an axis and it's not working as perfectly as he thinks it is.  What I mean is that the horizontal axis is not 100% eliminated and these imperfections are manifesting itself in some unexpected results.

What's the point in even TRYING this?  It's like putting diesel in a gasoline vehicle and then wondering why it sputters and smokes while driving down the road.

absolutely wrong, again nothing to do with cheating, if that was the case why would i start talking about it on here, i could haply say nothing, this controller will hit every shot straight if you keep a good "TEMPO" 

#90 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 05 August 2016 - 01:35 PM

absolutely wrong, again nothing to do with cheating, if that was the case why would i start talking about it on here, i could haply say nothing, this controller will hit every shot straight if you keep a good "TEMPO" 

Humor me and do what I asked.  My point is that you are playing the game in way that was never intended and then you're asking why you're getting unexpected results. 

Drop down to the easiest possible level (which means it's VERY difficult to NOT hit the ball straight) and use a legitimate controller.  Hit normal shots and then slow your downswing and see if the ball still goes right.

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#91 stopits here

stopits here

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationEngland

Can we please STOP with this CHEATING label, no one is cheating here it's an experiment.

#92 StoneComet

StoneComet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • LocationNew York

That is more beneficial information. That means possibly that my anti-cheat idea is wrong. Wish it were not. Anyhow, that is an interesting observation. Now unplug that thing before you get yourself into too much trouble. I kind of find it hard to believe that you are doing this just to bend the rules. Usually folks that are up to nefarious things lie low and bilk the system. At any rate, all eyes are on you now.

- We would be wise to remember that extremism is the real enemy and to keep ourselves aware so as not to become extreme ourselves; otherwise the enemy wins. -

#93 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 05 August 2016 - 01:40 PM

Can we please STOP with this CHEATING label, no one is cheating here it's an experiment.

Then do the experiment that I asked you to do.  It will provide more information to see if there actually is a coding issue.

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#94 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 01:42 PM

There is an amount of time that the forward swing has to complete, that's for sure.  But the times I've been too slow with my downswing, my backswing gets truncated and I get a very poor shot distance-wise.   But I've never seen it shank tho.

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#95 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 05 August 2016 - 01:45 PM

Also - you can't honestly expect to come onto a golf video game forum and talk about using a no-axis controller and NOT get labeled a cheater.   You have to sleep in the bed that you make.  If you honestly think there is an issue with tempo on RTSC then there are better ways to show it than what you're doing.

All I'm saying is that, in my experiences with legit controllers I have not witnessed the issue that you are bringing up.  So my only conclusion can be that somehow the fact that you're using a zero axis controller is causing issues with the game.

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#96 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 August 2016 - 01:45 PM

This is actually very interesting.  We have added some anti cheat code in the beta which will prevent zero axis controller use but this video is from the public build.  The public release version actually uses the Y value to set the X value.  When the stick is perfectly forward the Y value is 1 and the X value is 0.  If you are using a zero axis controller and do not push forward straight then the Y value will not be 1 it will be 0.9x  so we use the 0.9x to compute what the x is and then apply that to the swing path.  

Probably when you swing forward very fast with pressure the stick settles at 1 on the Y by the time the code has registered what the Y value is hence no swing path deviation, but when you swing forward slowly the system catches the initial point at which the swing ends as not 1 on Y and so calculates an offset.  It only does this if y< 1 and X =0 as it implies a zero axis controller.

#97 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 05 August 2016 - 01:46 PM

There is an amount of time that the forward swing has to complete, that's for sure.  But the times I've been too slow with my downswing, my backswing gets truncated and I get a very poor shot distance-wise.   But I've never seen it shank tho.

Yea - this is a good point.  If you take TOO long to complete your swing then you'll get reduced distance.  But in my experience it does not have an impact on how straight your shot is.

• Crow357 likes this

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#98 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 01:50 PM

I believe mebby is correct.  What Stopit is seeing on his cheater controller is probably the imperfect reading of a mechanical POT.  It has a huge dead x-axis but perhaps not 100% dead.

#99 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 05 August 2016 - 02:02 PM

Come on lets get on the course and play some golf.  The beauty of my game is that at the higher levels with the controller my caddie and I get to see quite a bit of the course and many trees so all these numbers do is confuse the hell out of us.  On to the OGT PGA event and time to slap the old ball around and quit talking about it.  lol.

#100 stopits here

stopits here

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 05 August 2016 - 02:09 PM

Humor me and do what I asked.  My point is that you are playing the game in way that was never intended and then you're asking why you're getting unexpected results. 

Drop down to the easiest possible level (which means it's VERY difficult to NOT hit the ball straight) and use a legitimate controller.  Hit normal shots and then slow your downswing and see if the ball still goes right.

OK i did what you asked, put the game in beginner mode with the controller I USE TO PLAY THE GAME, the ball never moved left or right, the readout did change though, anything from 2 off plain to 9, i honestly couldn't say if a slower swing made any difference?.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users