Photo

Difficulty levels again...I apologize in advance.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
108 replies to this topic

#41 stopits here

stopits here

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 04 August 2016 - 06:42 PM

No, not what I said at all. You do NOT NEED 122% to play this game well. 122% is there, but you better be able to hit a damn straight and well timed backswing, transition, and downswing to pull it off successfully. I feel 122% is way too much. 110% should be the absolute maximum IMO. I have pulled off a few on the Driving range, but I don't have enough confidence in my own skills to do it all the time and since you do NOT NEED it, why put yourself at risk for a poor outcome? Stop thinking like a video game  player and start thinking like a Golfer in Tour Pro. You have played IRL Golf haven't you?

Tim this is very interesting, and if true would be a great help, so please respond to this, are you saying the tempo of the back swing, transition, and downswing, effect the ball moving left to right or right to left, no one has said this before?.

#42 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 04 August 2016 - 06:46 PM

Tim this is very interesting, and if true would be a great help, so please respond to this, are you saying the tempo of the back swing, transition, and downswing, effect the ball moving left to right or right to left, no one has said this before?.

There is no tempo element to RTSC other than the fact that you can get a power boost (I think up to 15%) if your downswing (forward movement on the stick) is particularly fast.

It's a very simple concept.  You pull the stick back and when the animation gets to the desired spot in their backswing you push the stick forward.  If you do both of those straight then the ball goes straight.  If you don't do both of those straight then the ball doesn't go straight (there's a few combos of things that can happen on the direction of backswing and forward swing but you can figure those out).  The only other element is the speed of the forward swing (as I noted above).

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#43 stopits here

stopits here

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 04 August 2016 - 06:51 PM

There is no tempo element to RTSC other than the fact that you can get a power boost (I think up to 15%) if your downswing (forward movement on the stick) is particularly fast.

It's a very simple concept.  You pull the stick back and when the animation gets to the desired spot in their backswing you push the stick forward.  If you do both of those straight then the ball goes straight.  If you don't do both of those straight then the ball doesn't go straight (there's a few combos of things that can happen on the direction of backswing and forward swing but you can figure those out).  The only other element is the speed of the forward swing (as I noted above).

Now i'm confused?, i thought Tim was saying if your "tempo" wasn't right the ball could go left/right or right/left even if you hit it straight shot?.

#44 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 04 August 2016 - 06:53 PM

Now i'm confused?, i thought Tim was saying if your "tempo" wasn't right the ball could go left/right or right/left even if you hit it straight shot?.

Not with RTSC.  There is no temp element to it.  RTSM and MS both have a tempo element to them but not RTSC.

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#45 stopits here

stopits here

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 04 August 2016 - 06:56 PM

Not with RTSC.  There is no temp element to it.  RTSM and MS both have a tempo element to them but not RTSC.

Thank you that's what i thought too, so Tim is confused i think.

#46 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 04 August 2016 - 07:05 PM

Thank you that's what i thought too, so Tim is confused i think.

I never saw him mention anything about tempo but I could've missed it.

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#47 Bob5453

Bob5453

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationNear Dayton, Ohio

Posted 04 August 2016 - 07:13 PM

The players that play at Tour Pro are on a whole other level and that is fine. I'll be perfectly happy if I can at least master Pro difficulty. 

I was playing at the Amateur level and decided to move up, I accidentally played a tourney in TP when I wanted Pro, it was very difficult, but lots of fun. I decided to stay at TP and just skip the Pro level. My first tourney was +63, second was  +20, this week I'm hoping for better results, I use the xbox 360 with RTS.  I don't really care about the scores as it is so much more fun to struggle than it is to hit every shot straight and almost exactly where I want it to go like in TGC. 

Every round on the same course feels different and that is a good thing.

I agree the naming scheme isn't newbie friendly, but it doesn't take long too figure it out. :)

• StoneComet likes this

46sby3-5.png

#48 DivotMaker

DivotMaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 08:09 PM

Just exactly WHERE did I say the word "tempo"? I am not the one who is confused. I stand by what I posted. READ IT AGAIN.

You know what, just STOP. STOP reading things into what others say. STOP trying to discredit me. And STOP derailing this thread.

PC

Xbox One X

Steam ID: DivotMaker

#49 DivotMaker

DivotMaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 08:12 PM

While I don't disagree, I am finding that the smoother I make the transition from backswing to downswing, it is having an impact on how straight the ball goes for me personally.....

PC

Xbox One X

#50 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 04 August 2016 - 08:12 PM

Just exactly WHERE did I say the word "tempo"? I am not the one who is confused. I stand by what I posted. READ IT AGAIN.

You know what, just STOP. STOP reading things into what others say. STOP trying to discredit me. And STOP derailing this thread.

Yea, I looked back through every post you made and I didn't see any single mention of tempo either. Not sure where he got that idea.

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#51 StoneComet

StoneComet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 04 August 2016 - 08:23 PM

Yea, I looked back through every post you made and I didn't see any single mention of tempo either. Not sure where he got that idea.

It was me speculating on the swing. I believe what I said was that although there is no direct relation on tempo in the RTSC swing that faster tempo's, in my case, have a tendency to cause errors in my swing resulting in deflection of ball flight. I think at some point in the early stages I did believe that tempo was in some way affecting flight path. Those that have been around longer most likely have it right as I've changed my position to; finding the tempo that works best for you yields the best results.

- We would be wise to remember that extremism is the real enemy and to keep ourselves aware so as not to become extreme ourselves; otherwise the enemy wins. -

#52 stopits here

stopits here

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 04 August 2016 - 09:51 PM

While I don't disagree, I am finding that the smoother I make the transition from backswing to downswing, it is having an impact on how straight the ball goes for me personally.....

OK Tim what i did was misunderstood the word "transition" i just assumed you were talking about "tempo", so you do understand if you hit the ball 6 to 12 on the controller you will hit straight, no tempo is making the ball go left/right or right/left or straight it's all in your head.

#53 DivotMaker

DivotMaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 09:53 PM

OK Tim what i did was misunderstood the word "transition" i just assumed you were talking about "tempo", so you do understand if you hit the ball 6 to 12 on the controller you will hit straight, no tempo is making the ball go left/right or right/left or straight it's all in your head.

Nope, it is not all in my head, but you keep trying to discredit me.....maybe one day you will. :rolleyes:

PC

Xbox One X

#54 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 04 August 2016 - 10:07 PM

Going back to MS weeks ago has had the added benefit of helping my RTSM swing. I played RTSM today in the OGT event and granted it was only Amateur level but shot -6 and before par was a good score. I find that using MS makes you really concentrate on tempo and being Precise in the takeaway and follow thru and it has carried over to my RTSM swing. I play MS at Pro an sometimes TP and hope to get to Pro with RTSM in a few weeks. Yes I have given up on the controller for now but really do prefer to play with a mouse.

#55 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 04 August 2016 - 10:09 PM

I don't read what he said in the quote to have anything to do with tempo.  He's simply saying that for his personal swing style, that a smoother transition (from the point that the controller stick hits the 6 o'clock spot to the point that he's going back towards 12 o'clock) results in straighter shots for him.  And it makes sense.  If you get all jerky and spastic about it then you're more likely to introduce variation into your swing.  Sort-of like a real life golf swing.

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#56 stopits here

stopits here

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 04 August 2016 - 10:09 PM

Nope, it is not all in my head, but you keep trying to discredit me.....maybe one day you will. :rolleyes:

OMG so YOU are saying if you swing  6 to 12 with your controller, you can shank the ball if you don't get the "tempo" right yes or no Tim, i'm not trying to discredit you at all, i actually think the same as you, the "tempo" of your swing dose effect the left/right/straight swing, the problem is everyone says there is no "tempo" in the controller swing. i know for a fact there is, why dose no one ells see it?.

#57 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 04 August 2016 - 10:12 PM

OMG so YOU are saying if you swing  6 to 12 with your controller, you can shank the ball if you don't get the "tempo" right yes or no Tim, i'm not trying to discredit you at all, i actually think the same as you, the "tempo" of your swing dose effect the left/right/straight swing, the problem is everyone says there is no "tempo" in the controller swing. i know for a fact there is, why dose no one ells see it?.

Because it's not true.  There is no tempo to the swing like there is in MS.  ALL he's saying is that in order for him personally to hit it straight he prefers a smoother tempo so that he stays in control (hitting 12/6).  You can swing like a f'n banshee if you want and if you hit 12/6 the ball is going straight.  Period.

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#58 stopits here

stopits here

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 04 August 2016 - 10:22 PM

Because it's not true.  There is no tempo to the swing like there is in MS.  ALL he's saying is that in order for him personally to hit it straight he prefers a smoother tempo so that he stays in control (hitting 12/6).  You can swing like a f'n banshee if you want and if you hit 12/6 the ball is going straight.  Period.

Sorry don't agree, and i can prove it.

#59 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 04 August 2016 - 10:56 PM

Sorry don't agree, and i can prove it.

Have at it. But save yourself some time and PM Mike or Andrew. They ought to be pretty knowledgeable on the subject.

You're wrong.
  • Greensboronclion likes this

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#60 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 04 August 2016 - 11:37 PM

This is one of the most hilarious threads I've encountered since I joined in December, 2012

• Greensboronclion likes this
Richard

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users