Photo

Difficulty levels again...I apologize in advance.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
108 replies to this topic

#61 stopits here

stopits here

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 05 August 2016 - 12:08 AM

Have at it. But save yourself some time and PM Mike or Andrew. They ought to be pretty knowledgeable on the subject.

You're wrong.

OK, let me flag this up to you, see what comes back.

Lets say you have a controller you know can't shank because it as no left/right axis, and you can hit every shot 122% straight every time with a nice smooth swing, BUT if you get lazy with your swing you can shank the ball? what is causing the shank?. remember your controller has no left/right axis. 

#62 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 05 August 2016 - 12:36 AM

Lets say you have a controller you know can't shank because it as no left/right axis, and you can hit every shot 122% straight every time with a nice smooth swing, BUT if you get lazy with your swing you can shank the ball? what is causing the shank?. remember your controller has no left/right axis. 

It's called a cheating mofo.

There is no tempo requirement in RTSC.  None.  Zilch. Zero.  Seriously.  Just PM Mike.

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#63 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,536 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 12:54 AM

It's called a cheating mofo.

There is no tempo requirement in RTSC.  None.  Zilch. Zero.  Seriously.  Just PM Mike.

Here's a post where he says it explicitly...

There is no tempo ratio in the RTSC at any level. The easy putting option is for the click swing meter with either controller or mouse in beginner mode or as a custom option in your difficulty settings.

Original Location: http://www.perfectpa...-swing/?p=93718

#64 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 01:28 AM

Muhahahahaha!
  • DivotMaker likes this
Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#65 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 05 August 2016 - 01:42 AM

Every once in a blue moon with a no axis controller you will shank one and that is your answer. Why do I know this because I own one and no I don't use it as the proof is in my scores. Lol. Anyone trying to hit 122% on a constant basis and succeeding is using one of those controllers and the proof will be in the fairways hit and a driving average of 320 yds plus. Anyone using a legit controller will on most courses at the higher levels have average driving distance around 285 as that is the only way to keep the ball straight as yo can't swing past 100%. One last note is the putting and with a no axis controller every putt will never go off line and good luck with that with a legit controller. Now let's put this topic to bed.

#66 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 05 August 2016 - 02:05 AM

Y'all hear that???

Sounds like crickets.

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#67 Sup?

Sup?

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 05:11 AM

Stop, you have roughly 140 hours in this game and you are really good.  You know why?  Because you are playing with a wussy controller.  You want to be really good really fast?  Play with a controller.  Period.

• Perculator and Greensboronclion like this

#68 frank70

frank70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 August 2016 - 06:27 AM

If i look at some stats from RTS-C players i wonder if they would tell us what controller they are using. 100% fairways isn't that bad .....

• Perculator and Greensboronclion like this

#69 stopits here

stopits here

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 05 August 2016 - 06:49 AM

Every once in a blue moon with a no axis controller you will shank one and that is your answer. Why do I know this because I own one and no I don't use it as the proof is in my scores. Lol. Anyone trying to hit 122% on a constant basis and succeeding is using one of those controllers and the proof will be in the fairways hit and a driving average of 320 yds plus. Anyone using a legit controller will on most courses at the higher levels have average driving distance around 285 as that is the only way to keep the ball straight as yo can't swing past 100%. One last note is the putting and with a no axis controller every putt will never go off line and good luck with that with a legit controller. Now let's put this topic to bed.

NO it's not my answer.

Why and what is making the ball shank that is  my question with a no axis controller?.

The answer could help people who are shanking and don't know why?.

#70 stopits here

stopits here

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 05 August 2016 - 07:05 AM

Stop, you have roughly 140 hours in this game and you are really good.  You know why?  Because you are playing with a wussy controller.  You want to be really good really fast?  Play with a controller.  Period.

What the hell is a WUSSY CONTROLLER? i play with a xb1 elite controller.

#71 Wirenut48

Wirenut48

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 05 August 2016 - 07:16 AM

If you have a controller with a large forgiving deadzone and you're off plane enough for it to register more than likely you're going to get the maximum curve because it can't read anything in between.

Corsair 5000D AIRFLOW, Corsair iCUE SP140 RGB ELITE Fans, Corsair RMx 850 W PS, MSI MPG Z590 GAMING CARBON WIFI, i9-11900K 3.5 GHz 8-Core, G.Skill Trident Z Royal 32 GB, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-NVME, Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe, NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive

#72 stopits here

stopits here

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 05 August 2016 - 08:57 AM

If you have a controller with a large forgiving deadzone and you're off plane enough for it to register more than likely you're going to get the maximum curve because it can't read anything in between.

I'm talking about a controller with no left/right axis at all, so it's physically impossible to go off centre, BUT some how it does?.  

#73 frank70

frank70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 August 2016 - 09:06 AM

I'm talking about a controller with no left/right axis at all, so it's physically impossible to go off centre, BUT some how it does?.  

Why do you have to know that? Using such a controller on purpose would be cheating imho.

#74 stopits here

stopits here

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 05 August 2016 - 11:28 AM

And still you are hitting 100% fairways .....?

I have good days, and bad, best ever score was -7 not managed to score too many -13 yet though?

#75 fishwicket79

fishwicket79

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 11:35 AM

I don't read what he said in the quote to have anything to do with tempo. He's simply saying that for his personal swing style, that a smoother transition (from the point that the controller stick hits the 6 o'clock spot to the point that he's going back towards 12 o'clock) results in straighter shots for him. And it makes sense. If you get all jerky and spastic about it then you're more likely to introduce variation into your swing. Sort-of like a real life golf swing.

this is where the controller swing is all over the place;I use an Xbox one controller and if I swing at 6-12 I would never hit it on plane in a million years,not even close,in fact I can't hit any shot on plane,it's pretty messed up haha

#76 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 05 August 2016 - 11:49 AM

this is where the controller swing is all over the place;I use an Xbox one controller and if I swing at 6-12 I would never hit it on plane in a million years,not even close,in fact I can't hit any shot on plane,it's pretty messed up haha

Yea, I know what you mean.  I can't actually TRY to hit 12/6 or I get similar results.  My swing FEELS more like 2 and 7 but I think it's just down to how you hold the controller.

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#77 Tigers Agent

Tigers Agent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationNext Door.

Posted 05 August 2016 - 12:18 PM

This is a joke. right?  He's asking for help as to why when he cheats, It won't go straight all the time?

I'm sure this has some type of value in the knowledge department for future controller cheaters.

This is great bullettin board material.  I don't know what's more comical.. the fact that someone admits using

this type of controller and people are suppose to believe him when he says he doesn't use it in a game because he says so?  or?

that people are trying to help him solve his problem. 

#78 fishwicket79

fishwicket79

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 12:28 PM

Yea, I know what you mean. I can't actually TRY to hit 12/6 or I get similar results. My swing FEELS more like 2 and 7 but I think it's just down to how you hold the controller.

I have to go about 5.30-11.30 and then it's still off plane by about 5,people seem to think the controller is a walk in the park but it's actually very difficult and let's not get started on percentage shots,bunker shots and putting lol

#79 stopits here

stopits here

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 05 August 2016 - 12:53 PM

This is a joke. right?  He's asking for help as to why when he cheats, It won't go straight all the time?

I'm sure this has some type of value in the knowledge department for future controller cheaters.

This is great bullettin board material.  I don't know what's more comical.. the fact that someone admits using

this type of controller and people are suppose to believe him when he says he doesn't use it in a game because he says so?  or?

that people are trying to help him solve his problem. 

Completely missing the point.

I don't need any help with my swing thank you.

look at my scoring if you think i'm cheating?.

Isn't anyone interested in why the ball moves right/left with no axis controller? and with no apparent "tempo" being used with the RTS-C? ALL I'm interested in is why? nothing to do with cheating anything, there must be something going on in the background of this game that makes the ball react the way it does, simple as that i just want to know what?, and Tigers Agent why would i actually care what you think anyway? who are you?. 

#80 frank70

frank70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 August 2016 - 12:56 PM

Completely missing the point.

I don't need any help with my swing thank you.

look at my scoring if you think i'm cheating?.

Isn't anyone interested in why the ball moves right/left with no axis controller? and with no apparent "tempo" being used with the RTS-C? ALL I'm interested in is why? nothing to do with cheating anything, there must be something going on in the background of this game that makes the ball react the way it does, simple as that i just want to know what?, and Tigers Agent why would i actually care what you think anyway? who are you?. 

Maybe if you know why the ball can go left or right with a cheat controller .... you can hit 15 of 14 fairways in the future??

Honestly: Why do you have to know something that shouldn't be relevant in the first place?

• DivotMaker and Greensboronclion like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users