149 replies to this topic

#121 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 04:21 PM

Hmmmm... there are those that can say 'patience....' and those that can say 'guilty...' - I can see which you choose. Valid or not... is it helping? Frustrating is the better choice of wording for everyone.... likely the guys at PP too... they had planned things without knowing what hoops they'd need to jump through too. It could be said you're asking them to jump through another hoop too...

Bottom line I guess... is if you don't want to wait, don't...

• JoeF, Armand and ed dawson like this

#122 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 10:18 PM

So once again I think my point is a valid one stop telling us when you think it will be out and or when you hope it will be out just tell us it probably will not be out the end of this year and apologize for the unecessary info you put out regarding this concept And then just tell us ONLY what you are working on about it. I guess I am being rude but it is rude to give us empty promises.  What is interesting is that after all of this deceptive seduction about a golf game that when it comes out they will expect us to pay for it. They should pay us to even interact with it.

The whole time I've been following PP, not once have I seen any deception. It's simply uncharted waters and for every person that says "don't give dates", another five ask "When? Just roughly."

This is The Golf Club's producer - I'm sure PP's guys feel the same, and they haven't the manpower or game dev experience TGC have. Spoiled-boy rants just make the whole process even more draining.

• JoeF, fungolfer, Kablammo11 and 2 others like this

#123 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 07:16 AM

Ah, all those "When?" - "ETA please" - "You lied to us!" threads, peppered with reverse psychology and punctuated with threatening promises of pre-emptive rage-quitting...

I think they're funny. I really enjoy reading them. Can we have more of these? Try to crank up the drama.

I liked the bit with "deceptive seduction about a golf game they expect us to pay for it." That's proper good literature, that is, and a sure-fire chuckle right there, the rarest of precious things in such a mirthless universe. Please, everybody, amuse me some more and point me the way of any golf game I'm not expected to pay for but instead will be payed by the makers for playing it. That ought to make the waiting for this one a bit easier. Keep 'em coming!

• IanD likes this

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#124 AndyJumbo

AndyJumbo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 09:22 PM

Hello everyone,

I read good news in here as well, work in progress and hopeful to play with this game soon!!

So far So good !!!

Cheer !

#125 dedBuNNy

dedBuNNy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 16 December 2014 - 07:50 PM

This is the same development model that iD used for so many years back in the day... "It'll be done when it's done."

Quite frankly I'd rather have that than have them dump out some barely beta level junk that is so bad it doesn't even resemble a golf game. 

Go sign up at WGT, spend a few hundred hours leveling and tiering up and buying top clubs only to watch perfectly hit shots get so over manipulated and interfered with they sail off into water or OOB just so you'll keep buying balls. Now there's a good game. LoL

Nope, I have no issues with the way PP are doing things here.

• ed dawson likes this

M Swing  //   N Assists

#126 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 07:47 AM

Well, here's an update: Latest alpha build of PG has been issued to the alpha testers via Steam two days ago for a final round of play-testing, feedback and bug reporting. The private forums are buzzing like a beehive on steroids right now.

Next step after this consolidation: Early Release on Steam for everybody who wants to buy in.

ETA? I don't know. If you'd put a gun to my head and said "speak or die now", I would guess mid-january.

• fungolfer, ed dawson, remers and 1 other like this

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#127 yesrushdt

yesrushdt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 05:51 PM

Thanks for the update K11.  Hopefully the long wait to play this bad boy is almost over. :lol:

#128 KenR

KenR

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 07:07 PM

Thanks for the update; perhaps not too long to go now to get our hands on PG.

Ken

#129 AndyJumbo

AndyJumbo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 08:16 PM

Hi,

Thanks K11 bud, thank you!

see you !

#130 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 08:29 PM

Gonna stick my neck out and post a screenie.... been aching to show you some of this course... however, should the PP guys censor me, well... I may be stuck out on a course somewhere..

245y2yx.jpg

Graphics are set to Medium...

• ed dawson likes this

#131 letorgan

letorgan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:05 PM

superbe !!! merci :)

#132 KenR

KenR

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:32 PM

Thanks Ian!

Ken

#133 bortimus

bortimus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 10:27 PM

Can someone post a video of a shot being hit in the latest alpha build?  If not, no worries.

Thanks for the update!

#134 Jimbo63

Jimbo63

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • LocationManchester, England

Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:05 AM

Gonna stick my neck out and post a screenie.... been aching to show you some of this course... however, should the PP guys censor me, well... I may be stuck out on a course somewhere..

Better be careful mate, you do not want to be removed from the testing team as that would mean you would have to wait like the rest of us. Only kidding, thanks for posting and thanks to K11 for the update.

#135 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:51 AM

From testing:

l9w9f.jpg

• ed dawson likes this

#136 KenR

KenR

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 01:14 AM

Nice!

Ken

#137 woodworkery

woodworkery

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 02:10 AM

Like I said , I have been away for a while, so please bare with me. As for as the layout goes, will there be a choice of clubs ,and balls? Will you have to be a certain tier to be able to get better clubs,if better clubs are an upgrade? Will balls be handled the same way?

Thanks 

gary (woodo)

#138 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 03:29 AM

There's a choice of clubs as in which of 18 clubs you choose to make up the other 13 (putter is mandatory), but haven't heard anything about club upgrades.

I do recall something being said about ball choice being a future possibility, but the vibe (and I may have interpreted it incorrectly) is that PG isn't going to be one of these 'upgrade to better equipment' games, especially not through paying. The ball choice would be more distance, spin or a middle ground, so more a preference thing than performance.

vjnyerG.png

• fungolfer likes this

#139 Harald

Harald

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • LocationNuremberg, Germany

Posted 18 December 2014 - 09:53 AM

Because you test the new Alpha now on Steam it's interesting to hear how works the Multiplayer? Was it possible to got some Details about it now?

I7-6700k, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, Palit GTX 1070 Super Jetstream 8GB,16 GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4-3200, Enermax Revolution87+ 850 W ATX 2.4, SSD Samsung 850 Pro, Eizo Color Graphic CS270 - 27", Win 10 Pro (64bit)

#140 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 03:35 PM

For me, this course has something special about it when playing late in the evening 'time of day'. You know the light is dimming, and should feel the need to rush the game to ensure you complete. But, honestly, I couldn't do that.... I enjoy taking photo's in my spare time, and love how light controls almost everything in the world. It's beautiful to see how comparitive we can now create artifical worlds...

21nphqe.jpg

ne8hx.jpg

2uh60ic.jpg

• fungolfer and remers like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users