11 replies to this topic

#1 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 06:29 PM

I have posted at Steam/JNPG forum that my green grids render super fast now, and since yesterday I have noticed another plus with this version.  1.4.1.3

The game now renders faster in general.  Nothing has changed in my Box, it's all the same. Still using nVidia Driver 372.70 too. I know there is a new one (372.90) but I'm not ready to experiment with it.

So whatever bugs and fixes were corrected something is making the game render (for me) better than it ever has.

Here are my graphics settings. The only reason shadows are on the low side is because long shadows during game play mess with my eyes.

mypggrfxsettings_zpsycbqvrjd.jpg

Kudos Devs!   :) :) :)

β›³                          πŸŒοΈβ€β™‚οΈ                             πŸŒοΈβ€β™€οΈ                              β›³

xqc8g0-2.png

πŸŒοΈβ€β™‚οΈ                                                       πŸŒοΈβ€β™€οΈ
Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

β›³                          πŸŒοΈβ€β™‚οΈ                             πŸŒοΈβ€β™€οΈ                              β›³

51049423131_98884de356_w.jpg

#2 Arsam

Arsam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 28 September 2016 - 06:41 PM

I have also noticed faster loading and rendering times with the new version, and I have even upped the graphic settings a bit without any adverse effects.  So all in all a very good update version for me.  Thanks AJ and the whole development team for continuing to improve the finest golf simulation on the market today.

• Crusher likes this

RTS-Mouse Swing, Pro Level, BLI

HP Pavilion 790-0025T Minitower Gaming PC
Intel Hexa-Core i7-8700 cpu @ 3.2 GHz (Turbo up to 4.6 GHz), 12 MB Cache
64-bit Operating Sys​tem, x64 Based Processor
400 Watt Power Supply
16 GB DDR4-26666MHz 2-DIMM Memory
NVidia GeForce GTX1060 3GB Gaming Graphic Card

DELL D3218HN 31.5" Full HD LED Back-Lit HDMI Monitor, 1920 x 1080 at 60Hz  Maximum Resolution, 4,000,000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio

Windows 10 Home Edition, 64 bit - DirecrX v.12.0

#3 sideshowbob

sideshowbob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 08:10 PM

Havent seen any plugged lies in the bunkers yet.

Also, achievments still seem buggy - my partner played a shot and I got the 'Gorilla' achievment.

#4 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 04:02 PM

Havent seen any plugged lies in the bunkers yet.

Also, achievments still seem buggy - my partner played a shot and I got the 'Gorilla' achievment.

I had two plugged bunker shots yesterday.  Both occurred after hitting a long iron over 100 yards with a lot of loft. It was not my intention to try and plug the ball, it simply fell short of the fringe. Hitting them out of the plugged lie was simply a matter of using old experience with other golf games and using the shot-shaper with the right amount of oomph.

xqc8g0-2.png

πŸŒοΈβ€β™‚οΈ                                                       πŸŒοΈβ€β™€οΈ
Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

#5 sideshowbob

sideshowbob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 04:23 PM

I hit a 300y drive down hill that landed straight in the bunker near the top of a slope. The ball just rolled down into the bottom of bunker with 0% penalty, same as usual.

#6 wim1234

wim1234

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 05:41 PM

I hit a 300y drive down hill that landed straight in the bunker near the top of a slope. The ball just rolled down into the bottom of bunker with 0% penalty, same as usual.

well, this can happen in real tooo, i watched lots of golf and plugged lies are pretty rare, unless in slightly wet conditions.

but i say, for the fun of it, i wouldnt mind if the dves up the frquency of plugged lies, say maybe 30 percent.

to make the bunkers real traps, they are too easy now, even for me.

#7 wim1234

wim1234

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 05:44 PM

I have posted at Steam/JNPG forum that my green grids render super fast now, and since yesterday I have noticed another plus with this version.  1.4.1.3

The game now renders faster in general.  Nothing has changed in my Box, it's all the same. Still using nVidia Driver 372.70 too. I know there is a new one (372.90) but I'm not ready to experiment with it.

So whatever bugs and fixes were corrected something is making the game render (for me) better than it ever has.

Here are my graphics settings. The only reason shadows are on the low side is because long shadows during game play mess with my eyes.

mypggrfxsettings_zpsycbqvrjd.jpg

Kudos Devs!   :) :) :)

i woner about one thing, do you really play at such a low resolution..? and if so why?

your rig should easily handle full hd.

#8 3199E5kennetharry

3199E5kennetharry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 06:05 PM

Please could we have the chat box fixed. tired of typing it 3 or 4 times to get every thing said.

• BionicWolf likes this

Processor: Intel Core i5-7400 Kaby Lake CPU, 4 Cores, 3.0 - 3.5GHz

CPU Cooler: Intel Stock CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus PRIME B250M-A Motherboard

Memory: 16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory (2 x 8GB Sticks)

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Graphics Card

OS Drive: 250GB SK hynix SL301 Solid State Drive

Storage Drive: Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Hard Disk

Power Supply: Aerocool 80 PLUS 600W PSU

Sound Card: Onboard High Definition Audio

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

#9 Armand

Armand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 30 September 2016 - 12:18 AM

Does the designer set any type of property in the bunkers that would increase or decrease  the chance of a plugged lie?  Very rarely have I ever found a plugged lie in fairway bunkers IRL.  In the courses that I have played, fairway bunker sand is typically much shallower than in green side bunkers.

#10 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 12:46 AM

Does the designer set any type of property in the bunkers that would increase or decrease the chance of a plugged lie? Very rarely have I ever found a plugged lie in fairway bunkers IRL. In the courses that I have played, fairway bunker sand is typically much shallower than in green side bunkers.

No, it's all determined by angle of entry and then some randomness.
Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#11 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 02:50 AM

i woner about one thing, do you really play at such a low resolution..? and if so why?

your rig should easily handle full hd.

I play in Windowed Mode so I have access to my Taskbar and second screen at all times.  I am often working on a computer somewhere in the world while I am playing PG. Cursor moves fluidly from one screen to the other plus, fast access to Skype for Business, email accounts through eM Client, Thunderbird, TeamViewer for Business and a host of shortcuts in the Quick Launch Area (QLA) for references to commands and other files/programs/folders.

BenQ Monitor #1

screen1windowmode_zpsjlnjvygh.jpg

xqc8g0-2.png

Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

#12 worrybirdie

worrybirdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  • LocationPismo Beach, California

Posted 04 October 2016 - 08:32 PM

Just got done playing my first round since the update (been busy!), and I noticed that the reaction of the ball on the green when making approach shots, pitches, and chips was much improved! Far fewer of those "why'd the ball do that" moments. Have I suddenly "gotten better", or did the devs work on this?

The AI still needs work though. Still getting the AI to get stupid on short putts (though less than before the last fix for this), and it has a tendency to whiff the ball (or totally mishit it) a few times a round.

But I sure am enjoying sticking it closer to the pin!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 1.4.1.3, september 27 2016, perfect golf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users