#41 SirGrassCutter

SirGrassCutter

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationIn the heavy rough

Posted 20 October 2016 - 03:16 PM

Looking forward to seeing the new updates, has bunker play been looked at :ph34r:  not that I've mentioned anything about that at all....ever.....honest, Gov :D

JNPG is really pushing things forward what with CF and all this other loveliness- just hope that new anis are brought in at some point as Hacker Harry starting to look a bit on the weary side :lol:

Hopefully first a female avatar is added.  JNPG needs to stop insulting the ladies by finally getting their act together on this issue.

#42 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 03:53 PM

OGT will consider using slightly bumpy(Realistic) green quality in our tournaments after the update goes public.  Will probably do a poll after the update is out for a week or two.

• Dazmaniac, JoeBradley and StoneComet like this

#43 DivotMaker

DivotMaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 03:58 PM

I guess the 3D grass will also be a nod towards the game going DX11 minimum?

Not an issue for me and something I feel the game needs to do and throw off the shackles of DX9 and let the game make use of all the DX11/12 related goodies out there.

Sorry to all you DX9 folks out there for being selfish regards moving to a DX11 minimum requirement....... but it is nearly 2017.

;)

Agree wholeheartedly....

PC

Xbox One X

Steam ID: DivotMaker

#44 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 October 2016 - 04:11 PM

Does this mean that colour variation over a large area, as can be done with the textures, will not be possible with 3D grass and instead we will be left with an area of just one grass colour? 

No, you will be able to add multiple grass types to a particular spline with different colors.  I think there is a limit on total number of grass types per course (around 12 I think)  

• Acrilix, mistajam and IanK like this

#45 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 20 October 2016 - 04:16 PM

OGT will consider using slightly bumpy(Realistic) green quality in our tournaments after the update goes public.  Will probably do a poll after the update is out for a week or two.

I'd hope after beta branch and then public feedback you could find some more than usable settings to make use of on the OGT. You could almost replicate morning and afternoon settings, where the afternoon greens are a tad more bumpy than the early tee times, accounting for 66% of the field already having played and walked on the greens, lol.

Also with the separate settings allowed for fairways and greens, you could begin to replicate conditions after heavy rain - softer fairways, softer and slower greens and slightly more bumpiness to give the feel of slight indentations being left in the soft green surfaces, lol.

• Greensboronclion and zmax - sim like this

#46 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 04:32 PM

I'd hope after beta branch and then public feedback you could find some more than usable settings to make use of on the OGT. You could almost replicate morning and afternoon settings, where the afternoon greens are a tad more bumpy than the early tee times, accounting for 66% of the field already having played and walked on the greens, lol.

Also with the separate settings allowed for fairways and greens, you could begin to replicate conditions after heavy rain - softer fairways, softer and slower greens and slightly more bumpiness to give the feel of slight indentations being left in the soft green surfaces, lol.

So many cool possibilities.....

We can do it per round.  i.e. round 1 greens can be perfect and soft while round 2 greens can be slightly bumpy and hard.  Simulator tour players will greatly benefit from the separation of fairways and greens firmness.   I suspect their tournaments will use the combination of normal fairways and soft greens quite a bit.

Great stuff!

• Greensboronclion likes this

#47 clint

clint

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 October 2016 - 05:35 PM

Good news

#48 Riddler

Riddler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationMesquite, Nevada

Posted 20 October 2016 - 06:02 PM

As one who patiently waits for any news this latest update is music to my ears. To me the Dev's are not content in just having another golf game that is almost realistic, they want a game that makes you feel the same frustration and joy as the real game. Great minds think alike and we have quite a few great minds working on this game.
  • mistajam, Vernon520 and SirGrassCutter like this

#49 lefty1948

lefty1948

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 20 October 2016 - 06:08 PM

Totally agree!

#50 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 20 October 2016 - 06:26 PM

We can do it per round.  i.e. round 1 greens can be perfect and soft while round 2 greens can be slightly bumpy and hard.  Simulator tour players will greatly benefit from the separation of fairways and greens firmness.   I suspect their tournaments will use the combination of normal fairways and soft greens quite a bit.

Great stuff!

I tend to believe that a condition of soft greens with a stimp of 8 or 9 and bumpy might be tougher to putt than a firm and stimp of 12 or 13.  Gets really tough IRL putting later in the day with all the spike marks and the grass growing during the day and the humidity in the greens that a real green will be totally different from morning to evening.  This is great stuff but the bad part is that some of us will suck even worse than before but we will have a lot of company out there and we better have a beer cart and girl as we might need a distraction.

#51 DennisHarris

DennisHarris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • LocationSummerville SC

Posted 20 October 2016 - 07:57 PM

Great stuff!

All I know is the idea of firmness settings being separated for greens and fairways is awesome news.  Adding a green smoothness setting into this mix and things simply jump up to a whole new level of realism.  Wow!  I am sensing OGT Admins and TD's thinking of the possibilities.  The "force" is strong with this news!  Churning up nasty setting combinations as I speak.  Oh! ... Dr. Evil is alive.      

• cajuncapgun likes this

Digital Storm Ryzen 9 3900X/12 core  3.79MHZ/16 gig Ram /  Radeon R5700xt

#52 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 10:48 PM

I tend to believe that a condition of soft greens with a stimp of 8 or 9 and bumpy might be tougher to putt than a firm and stimp of 12 or 13. 

Actually, not so much.  There is a physics check that happens every .03 seconds while the ball is rolling and this is when the bumpiness factor comes into play.  So, the longer the ball is rolling, it's actually more (although slightly) of a chance that the ball could wibble wobble off path.

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#53 Bruce R

Bruce R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 05:50 AM

How much are the packs going to cost.

Thanks

CGX Bruce R

#54 mcthommo

mcthommo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 09:21 AM

762195e1666497074ede151e0cbeb39738a411d9

• Perculator likes this

Intel 9900k @5GHZ

Asus RTX 3090 Strix OC

32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200

Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula Z390

Noctua NH-D15 Cromax 

Fractal Design Meshify S2

WDC WD10EFRX 1TB NVME drive

2x 14TB Hitachi NAS HDD

Colour scheme by Nigel Tufnell- "None more black"

#55 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 21 October 2016 - 11:09 AM

How much are the packs going to cost.

Thanks

I'm sure they'll announce it when ready. We don't even know which courses are included so not even worth speculating.

#56 Makosha

Makosha

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 07:36 AM

Well, this really needs to go through the regular beta group too, so, I'm not sure.

And does the "improveemt of animations/avatars" include female one(s) or not?

• SirGrassCutter likes this

#57 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 11:11 AM

And does the "improveemt of animations/avatars" include female one(s) or not?

Even tho he said "ani", he was talking about the computer AI.  Jerry is kinda the AI guy.  The avatars haven't been updated yet as far as I know  :(

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#58 LeazesNDR

LeazesNDR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • LocationSmoggyland UK

Posted 22 October 2016 - 12:06 PM

Hopefully first a female avatar is added. JNPG needs to stop insulting the ladies by finally getting their act together on this issue.

I agree... Can we have a Maria Verchenova avatar please! Ta. :)

Attached Files

#59 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 22 October 2016 - 02:26 PM

It will be interesting to see how the new ball physics affect the game.  I think something along the lines that Andrew mentioned would enhance the realism of the game, provided they're properly scaled.  I'm also curious to see the new chip, pitch, and flop shot physics at play, as there's room for improvement there as well.  I still think the ball/cup interaction physics need some work though; I make way too many putts that shouldn't drop because they seem to get "hoovered in" by the hole.

I see the improved AI of the computer golfers getting more attention with this latest update.  There must be a much stronger desire for AI golfers than I'm able to gauge.  I'm just wondering, how many of you would play anything more than a casual curiosity round or two with an AI player?  I guess I just haven't found the allure to playing with them yet on an ongoing basis.  That's not to say it couldn't possibly happen eventually.

I know I was never a fan of competing against AI drivers in racing games until Turn 10 Motorsports came up with the concept of "Drivatars" in Forza 5, and now Forza 6.  These Drivatars are statistically based on the driving habits of other human drivers in the game, many of whom are on your friend's list.  They exhibit behaviors that are much more human-like than anything else I've seen.  If Perfect Parallel can come up with the cybergolf equivalent of Forza's Drivatars, they'll be onto something big!

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#60 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 22 October 2016 - 02:32 PM

Some online racers drive like fkin idiots, so having AI drivers based on real humans ain't always a good thing, lol.

:lol:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users