Photo

Lost Perfect Parallel Course Forge menu heading

course Forge Loading

Best Answer garynorman , 13 November 2016 - 02:50 PM

Have you imported any new packages?  From experience, sometimes the associated scripts stop CF from working and on occasion from even appearing in the menu bar. 

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Max Barrett

Max Barrett

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 12:46 PM

I have only used CF for two days but love what it can do. I saved my project and closed Unity. The next time I opened Unity it all came back so I started to work on it but discovered that the "ruler" no longer worked. I fiddle around but it still would not work. Then the terrain disappeared!  I assumed it was something I had done but no mater where I looked I couldn't find it. So I closed unity and loaded the project again, the terrain had still disappeared. I decided as it was all my fault I would start from the beginning.

I closed Unity, rebooted it and created a new project. imported the tutorial once more, but this time everything arrived except the Perfect Parallel menu item. So I reloaded the tutorial once more but it said I had everything and still the menu is not there. 

ANY IDEA WHAT I HAVE DONE????

I am really frustrated and want to get back to using it again.

Many Thanks

My computer is intel i5 with 2 terra storage and 16 GB of ram and a GTX970 card running Win 10

#2 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 12:52 PM

Close and reopen Unity and see if the PP menu appears.

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#3 Max Barrett

Max Barrett

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 12:55 PM

Close and reopen Unity and see if the PP menu appears.

Tried that, no go.

#4 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 12:58 PM

If you look in the Assets folder of your project, are there a Perfect Parallel and a Perfect Parallel Libraries folders?

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#5 Max Barrett

Max Barrett

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 01:03 PM

OK everyone, it came back. I started a completely new project and it deigned to arrive, thanks.

#6 Max Barrett

Max Barrett

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 02:37 PM

I thought I had solved it but on saving the project and the scene and then reopening Unity the menu for Perfect Parallel had once again disappeared. This time I can't just start a new project as I have done so much work. Please help!!

#7 garynorman

garynorman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • LocationBedfordshire, England

Posted 13 November 2016 - 02:50 PM   Best Answer

Have you imported any new packages?  From experience, sometimes the associated scripts stop CF from working and on occasion from even appearing in the menu bar. 

#8 Max Barrett

Max Barrett

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 12:47 PM

Not that I am aware of.  I have managed to copy the terrain to a new project and have Course Forge back but the detail of all the holes and tees etc have disappeared. Is there a file I can copy from the old project which has all this detail attached?

#9 mistajam

mistajam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • LocationMunich

Posted 15 November 2016 - 02:55 PM

Yes, you need always two files to bring it back .... the scene file AND the terrain file ... ;)

#10 Cintigolfer

Cintigolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • LocationCincinnati, Ohio

Posted 16 November 2016 - 02:26 AM

I did import two packages yesterday to try and build a stone retaining wall.  When I opened my project today, CF does not appear in the menu bar.  When I open a different project, CF appears in the menu bar.  How do I restore CF in the project where it does not appear?  I have already deleted the packages that I imported.

Update - I created a new project and then copied over some of the files from my old project.  Thankfully, I have everything back now.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: course Forge, Loading

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users