Photo

Unable to load my courses in Perfect Golf (struck at 50% loading)

loading course

Best Answer drillerman , 18 October 2016 - 09:13 PM

Probably a silly question but are you using the correct version of Unity?? Should be 5.2.3 f1

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 lugduweb

lugduweb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 08:26 PM

Hello,

I'm made two courses containing a single hole with Course Forge (on a macbook).

I'm unable to load both courses in JN Perfect Golf.

It stops loading both courses at 50%.

Any idea ?

Thanks for help !

You can check the 1 hole course here if needed:

https://we.tl/e9KYSRcaEe

#2 Armand

Armand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 16 October 2016 - 09:05 PM

Did you check the de-bugging tutuorial?  What about the other threads that mention the courses stop at 50% loading?  This seems to be because of missing or extra/rogue planted pins and/or tees.

Make sure you have at one pin of each difficulty (Difficult, Medium, and Easy). 

#3 lugduweb

lugduweb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 12:22 PM

Hello, I've checked the debugging tutorial and you were right: I had a missing pin.

I've fixed that and now I have all the pins and all tees but it still won't load (and I'm sure it's the new course as I've changed logo image).

Any other idea ?

Thank you.

#4 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 12:34 PM

Hello, I've checked the debugging tutorial and you were right: I had a missing pin.

I've fixed that and now I have all the pins and all tees but it still won't load (and I'm sure it's the new course as I've changed logo image).

Any other idea ?

Thank you.

I would double check you are saving and building the correct course and you didn't fix the pin on one of your backups etc. Other than that check for capital letters and spaces in the scene name. If none of this works zip up the actual scene file only (should be fairly small) and get it to me via a yousent it or dropbox link etc.

#5 drillerman

drillerman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 09:13 PM   Best Answer

Probably a silly question but are you using the correct version of Unity?? Should be 5.2.3 f1

#6 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 09:18 PM

I'm wondering whether we should not put a Unity version check inside CF to avoid this kind of mistake - I mean I don't want CF to be become cumbersome but there are one of two things from a useability perspective that could probably be added in future CF updates (  eg: " Do you really want to delete the terrain?" message springs to mind! )

#7 lugduweb

lugduweb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 09:36 PM

Too bad I've missed this sentence into the tutorials:
"This is the first public beta version of JNCF and is for use with the Unity editor 5.2.3 version (any other version of Unity will be unsupported) You can download Unity 5.2.3 here".

I thought it was working for Unity 5.2.3 an higher. Not only for Unity 5.2.3. Can you please tell us why ? It would be a nice upgrade feature.
I think that may also be explaining why I have layer icons missing ?

Thank for help and great tutorials anyway.

PS: my course is named with no capital letters nor bad pins/tees so the unity version must be the problem. Will check tomorrow. Thanks again.

#8 drillerman

drillerman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 10:06 PM

Mike

I am a bugger not RTFM'ing!...........and I tend to dive straight in. I know I shouldn't but I do:(

I missed the unity version you told us to use. I just assumed it had to be 5.2.3 f1 or higher.

I would like to see a warning message "Confirming course shape (spline) deletion".  On quite a few occasions I have been deleting spline points only to accidently delete the bloody shape that I'd spent 20 minute on!!  AAAARRRGGHH!!!!!

#9 drillerman

drillerman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 10:16 PM

Not using 5.2.3 f1 is definitely the problem. Without a doubt!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: loading, course

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users