#21 TheLighterDark

TheLighterDark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • LocationFayetteville, AR

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:01 AM

It's not released yet so there are no instructions anywhere. Mike J's demo video is as close at it gets.

Jerry

Which provides a ton of information not only on the capabilities of the program, but basic navigation as well. 

• Erik Lugris likes this

TheLighterDark / "William" / University of Arkansas, Fayetteville / 21

Toshiba Satellite S855 / Windows 8 64-bit / Intel Core i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz / 8.00 GB RAM

n2o7ldH.png

"All the world on one arrow..." - Ashe, The Frost Archer, League of Legends.

#22 Mav78

Mav78

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationNewport, Wales

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:22 AM

Indaskies, on Youtube there is instruction video for Arnolds Palmers course designer. It's called APCD from start to finish. It's a long one but it helped me so much. I'm going to watch it again because I stopped designing any courses as I thought PP was imminent. Now I know it's not I'll take the time to learn a bit more. I believe PP is quite similar so it cant hurt to know it better.

• Erik Lugris likes this

#23 Erik Lugris

Erik Lugris

Founder, CEO

• Administrators
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:34 PM

I would love to convert my version of Infamous Golf Course into Course Forge.

attachicon.gifigh2012.jpg

I would like that very much too.

Erik M. Lugris

Founder

Perfect Parallel, Inc.

#24 ☠InDaSkies☠

☠InDaSkies☠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • LocationCedar Lake Indiana

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:06 PM

Indaskies, on Youtube there is instruction video for Arnolds Palmers course designer. It's called APCD from start to finish. It's a long one but it helped me so much. I'm going to watch it again because I stopped designing any courses as I thought PP was imminent. Now I know it's not I'll take the time to learn a bit more. I believe PP is quite similar so it cant hurt to know it better.

Thanks Mav78

• Erik Lugris likes this

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit.
Silverstone ST1500 1500W ATX
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Editon
4x Kingston Digital HyperX Fury 240GB SSD Sata III HD's In Raid 0
1 TB HD for storage
Asus Rog Maximus VIII Extreme/Assembly Motherboard
4x16GB Corsair Dominator Series Memory
Intel Core i7 6700K 4.700.0 MHz Overlocked Quad Core Skylake Desktop Processor, Socket LGA 1151
Zalman Reserator XT External Water Cooling System GPU & CPU
1x LG WH10LS30 Blu-ray Burner
1x LG GGW-H20L Blu-Ray Player
HP ZR 30" Monitor 2560x1600 Resolution

#25 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:56 PM

InDaSkies -  I created the 'APCD From Start To Finish' videos on Youtube. I created them because the APCD for Links has such a steep learning curve that many people had simply given up their designing (or even starting to design!) out of frustration.

The idea behind CourseForge for Perfect Golf is to create a designer that is far simpler for people to use - people with little or no previous experience of designing golf courses. You may find that rather than help you, APCD may just confuse you and put you off designing - believe me, it's driven us all a little crazy at times!!! :lol:

No doubt there will be stuff on the videos that could be beneficial to your course designing in the future, but for now you may be best just to wait for the CourseForge to be released, and see how you take to it. ;)

• Erik Lugris and Davefevs like this
life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#26 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:55 AM

Wow.... that old Mac game is mind blowing.

I used to play old-fashioned NES golf and then Lee Trevino's Fighting Golf.

I got a super NES and there was a (Greg Norman?) game which had a really primitive designer.... basically you laid out a hole by picking the par, the yardage, and then placing a bunch of default tee, fairway, green, and hazard shapes.

I had SimGolf for PC around 1996-97, moved to Jack Nicklaus 5 and 6, and then to APCD. I still have an original APCD beta CD somewhere. I remember the first time I put it in, I said "this thing is awesome but impossible to use". Plus ca change, plus c'est la memes chose.

• Erik Lugris likes this

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#27 Mav78

Mav78

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationNewport, Wales

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:52 AM

acrillix! u made them vids? its nice to say thanks personally from me mate, @nd i bet many others. they were so easy to follow. as u can probably tell i am gromnet on a pc with anything too technical. when i first opened apcd i stared at it for five mins like a dog that had been shown a card trick! i may not have even bothered without ur tutorial

i agree course forge may confuse u now if u learn apcd but learning to use verts etc. i doubt would hurt. im going to watch the tutorial again anyway.

thanks again mike.
  • Erik Lugris likes this

#28 Mav78

Mav78

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationNewport, Wales

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:53 AM

i forgot about simgolf i would use that as an easy way of giving design idea.then try to implment them on customplay
  • Erik Lugris likes this

#29 TimBoch

TimBoch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationFarmington, MN

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:03 PM

Can't wait to get a chance to use Course Forge.

• Erik Lugris likes this
Course Forge Courses in various stages of design: Dwan Golf Club, Hyland Greens, Faribault CC, Desert Valley CC/ Woodland Trail(fictional), Infamous Golf Course (fantasy)
Links 2003 Designs: Dwan Golf Club, Infamous Golf Course, Hazeltine National Golf Club (assistant designer), Woodland Trail/Desert Valley CC , Faribault CC (beta), Hyland Greens (beta), Double Eagle (beta), King's Walk (beta), Interlachen CC (still in planning)
Intel Core i7-4710HQ 2.5GHz
  • Microsoft Windows 8.1 64-bit
  • 16GB DDR3L RAM
  • 750GB 7,200RPM Hard Drive
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 850M

#30 Guest_Legend_*

Guest_Legend_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:44 PM

I like that idea of creating a fantasy course in or on the sides of the Grand Canyon! Whether the courses are real or fantasy they are all fun to play. I bet the results with course forge will be mind blowing! 

• Erik Lugris likes this

#31 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:44 PM

Erik,

Any ideas when Tim night get the chance to begin work on a Course Forge version of his Infamous 18?

I thought with the new site we would see more communication from the PP guys (or that's what we were led to believe), but at present it's like being back on the old forum. Last Dev Blog was in January and very little has been offered in the way of updates as to what progress has been made since the Kickstarter failed. We just get brief snippets that things are progressing but nothing can be said because of contracts being negotiated etc.

My ears are bleeding from the constant silence, lol.

• Erik Lugris likes this

#32 Erik Lugris

Erik Lugris

Founder, CEO

• Administrators
  • 24 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:22 AM

Erik,

Any ideas when Tim night get the chance to begin work on a Course Forge version of his Infamous 18?

I thought with the new site we would see more communication from the PP guys (or that's what we were led to believe), but at present it's like being back on the old forum. Last Dev Blog was in January and very little has been offered in the way of updates as to what progress has been made since the Kickstarter failed. We just get brief snippets that things are progressing but nothing can be said because of contracts being negotiated etc.

My ears are bleeding from the constant silence, lol.

Thanks for the shove Daz.  Mike has lot's he could share... that is when he is not creating cool stuff!   To directly answer your question, very soon :)

• Dazmaniac and Davefevs like this

Erik M. Lugris

Founder

Perfect Parallel, Inc.

#33 Stephen Sullivan

Stephen Sullivan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • LocationWorksop, Nottinghamshire

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:14 AM

Like Daz, I'm also eagerly awaiting developments. I have 2 courses I would love to continue with in Course Forge and have lost interest in APCD at the moment.

• Erik Lugris likes this
Posted Image

#34 Devil Ray

Devil Ray

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:09 PM

I have a real golf corse and some fantastic ones in mind.

Having a lava island green inside a vulcano would be a crazy idea :D

• Erik Lugris likes this

#35 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:05 PM

Thanks for the shove Daz.  Mike has lot's he could share... that is when he is not creating cool stuff!   To directly answer your question, very soon :)

Erik,

Thanks for the reply.

I'm sorry if some of my posts seem like some impatient little oik forever pleading and wanting, lol. I'm just so wanting this project to succeed, both for you guys at Perfect Parallel and also for the PC golfing community.

I appreciate you guys are not just sitting around on your hands or twiddling thumbs. We the community just need to to be patient, me included, and just wait for the news to come. No matter how much we plead, it will be announced when the time is right.

;)

• Erik Lugris likes this

#36 Stephen Sullivan

Stephen Sullivan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • LocationWorksop, Nottinghamshire

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:18 PM

Yeah  We don't want to be pushy, we are just eager to get started ;)

• Erik Lugris likes this
Posted Image

#37 Davefevs

Davefevs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:27 PM

I'm hoping that the appearance of Andrew, Mike and Eric on these forums today is a sign that things are moving forward and we might see something soon.

I've had a quick look at a couple of Lez's YouTube videos......they are fantastic......to get a bit of inspiration! Thanks!

Also been looking at my local golf club's website where they've got some nice photos of each hole. Coupled with bing maps, I reckon that I might be able to create 'something'!

Exciting times, and something to work on whilst the me develops in the background.
  • Erik Lugris likes this

#38 Brucey Mc

Brucey Mc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationTeesside, UK #UTB

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:18 PM

Any news whether flag sticks will be customisable? Both in terms of colours, length and also whether different flags can be used depending on circumstance, ie front nine or back nine or front, middle or back pin position?
  • Erik Lugris likes this

#39 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:47 PM

Any news whether flag sticks will be customisable? Both in terms of colours, length and also whether different flags can be used depending on circumstance, ie front nine or back nine or front, middle or back pin position?

No news about anything specific within Course Forge as yet.

Obviously we know it can build golf courses (going by the Augusta National version Sky Sports used at The Masters) and also the Course Forge video MJ did.

No news yet about course routing, flag customisation etc.

;)

• Erik Lugris likes this

#40 HeavySwinger

HeavySwinger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:50 AM

Ooooh. I bet those waterfalls would look mighty fine in Perfect Golf after some tinkering with Course Forge, lol.

And speaking of those waterfalls, I tried to play my ball through one of those and it just bounced off.  I was so disappointed, I had hoped my ball would emerge on the other side all washed for me.  I hope course forge works better  :lol: .

• Davefevs likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 3d golf course design, 3d, golf, course, design, courseforge

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users