#21 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 09 December 2016 - 01:51 AM

Ok - Thanks - Probably a dumb question, but is a given stimp a different animal on different courses?

Seems like I always play Stimp 14 and it tends to feel quite a bit different (the speed) on different courses.

I sort of thought the idea of a stimp measurement was a defined thing, regardless of a course's location/conditions, etc

B,

That is correct. If two different courses have a stimp of 11 then their greens are running at the same pace. Obviously the only thing that will give off the effect of faster/slower pace when putting is the slope of the greens, as stimp is usually defined on a flat area of green.

#22 tomkure

tomkure

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 01:57 AM

Thanks for a long waited update

I am only using RTS with a mouse and it has worked pretty good, ratio between 0.23-0.27 in 98%, after update same routine result in between 0.09-0.14, I could not produce any swing close to 0.25, I went to driving range and found out I have do a very unnatural VERY quickly backswing, go for a coffe break and come back to do the downswing, then I could produce ratio 0.25.

IT IS NOT A GOLFSWING.

Hope rest of update is better

From a frustrated big Perfect Golf fan

#23 tomkure

tomkure

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 02:14 AM

Closed Perfect Golf open it again, and now totally different experience, near to what is was before update :) 

#24 J.H.Buchanan

J.H.Buchanan

PG Ameteur Titleist Golf Balls

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationMiami Beach, Florida

Posted 09 December 2016 - 03:02 AM

Thanks for continual improvement 

Little known fact when King Arthur was trying to make a golf course and he ran into some conflict. King Arthur: There's a peace only to be found on the other side of war. If that war should come I will fight it!    Other important fact. Read the Book of John in the Holy Bible. 

#25 Drgnslyr221

Drgnslyr221

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • LocationLakewood, CO

Posted 09 December 2016 - 03:54 AM

I'm sure this is a great update for simulator users.

• Sup? likes this

#26 Drgnslyr221

Drgnslyr221

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • LocationLakewood, CO

Posted 09 December 2016 - 04:12 AM

I honestly don't get this mentality of taking away "go to shots". Mickelson has his flop. Tiger has his two iron stinger, etc. Completely neutering flop and pitch shots seems like a good way to alienate players. especially people that have spent two years learning those shots.

• Sikkum and Sup? like this

#27 scottpussehl

scottpussehl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Posted 09 December 2016 - 04:20 AM

Andrew or Mike, 

whats the PGCourseHashBuilder.exe sitting in our Course folder?

• Tresclub likes this

#28 Drgnslyr221

Drgnslyr221

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • LocationLakewood, CO

Posted 09 December 2016 - 04:23 AM

I'm going to try to give this update another chance when I have more time, but what I've seen I'm not very hopeful. Just seems like a crap shoot now, just my opinion.

Nevertheless I want to thank the crew for updating the game.

• Sup? likes this

#29 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 04:37 AM

Andrew or Mike, 

whats the PGCourseHashBuilder.exe sitting in our Course folder?

I wonder if that's suppose to be there.  That's for Tournament sites OGT.

#30 Drgnslyr221

Drgnslyr221

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • LocationLakewood, CO

Posted 09 December 2016 - 04:39 AM

I wonder if that's suppose to be there.  That's for Tournament sites OGT.

Is that for pin setting?

#31 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 04:41 AM

Is that for pin setting?

No, it's a tool to create course hash codes to use in api tournaments.  It's to stop somebody from playing an event using their own course that has the same name as the one used in an api tournament.

#32 Drgnslyr221

Drgnslyr221

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • LocationLakewood, CO

Posted 09 December 2016 - 04:47 AM

No, it's a tool to create course hash codes to use in api tournaments.  It's to stop somebody from playing an event using their own course that has the same name as the one used in an api tournament.

You learn something new everyday.

#33 dpeters95

dpeters95

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 04:48 AM

Thanks to all involved with the update.  Well done!

#34 slouis

slouis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 09 December 2016 - 04:56 AM

An observation and question about full shots after playing around a bit.  There is definitely less roll for the driver, 3W, 5W, 3H, and 5i.  Secondly I don't know if I am imagining things but it almost seems that to hit a straight shot the ratio is reversed.  That is the down swing has to be .25 of the backswing.  I am using RTS-M.  For sure it seems now that the downswing needs to be slower.

Other than that I love all the other changes to the short game and putting.  Now chipping with a 9i as I do in real life and the pitch no longer stops on a dime like it did before the update which never looked realistic to me.

RTSM - Pro

#35 footslogger

footslogger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • LocationThailand

Posted 09 December 2016 - 05:13 AM

Enjoyed playing a round at the new course, relaxing and not difficult. Seemed easier to get backspin on full swings without having to go into overswing.  Noticed more roll out on chips which I like.  Like the realistic greens which require careful judgement of speed to avoid lip outs.  I didn't land in a single one of the sparse bunkers, so no experience of that yet.  A quick question - I always play solo rounds so is there still a way to get recorded rounds when I have no 'friends' (boo hoo!)?

#36 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 09 December 2016 - 05:30 AM

Enjoyed playing a round at the new course, relaxing and not difficult. Seemed easier to get backspin on full swings without having to go into overswing.  Noticed more roll out on chips which I like.  Like the realistic greens which require careful judgement of speed to avoid lip outs.  I didn't land in a single one of the sparse bunkers, so no experience of that yet.  A quick question - I always play solo rounds so is there still a way to get recorded rounds when I have no 'friends' (boo hoo!)?

Footslogger, send me an FR... I post a number of recorded rounds, 9 & 18 holes.  We need to get a new Friend pool started just for this purpose.  My Steam name is JohnRC.

I played a good, 9 hole multiplayer round tonight against Milt, at Golden Meadows.  Everything went well during the round.  I missed a putt because of realistic greens that knocked my putt offline in that match, but it didn't look hokey.  Looked like a rub of the green to me.  There were 112 people in the lobby when I joined, but it took me over an hour to get an at large match.  I hope that trend changes as more discover what the 1.4.2.0 update offers.

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#37 JoeF

JoeF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts
  • LocationBrighton, Ontario, Canada

Posted 09 December 2016 - 05:35 AM

An observation and question about full shots after playing around a bit.  There is definitely less roll for the driver, 3W, 5W, 3H, and 5i.  Secondly I don't know if I am imagining things but it almost seems that to hit a straight shot the ratio is reversed.  That is the down swing has to be .25 of the backswing.  I am using RTS-M.  For sure it seems now that the downswing needs to be slower.

Other than that I love all the other changes to the short game and putting.  Now chipping with a 9i as I do in real life and the pitch no longer stops on a dime like it did before the update which never looked realistic to me.

The ratio hasn't changed.  The downswing has always been .25 of the backswing.

Intel i5-4570 cpu @ 3.2 GHz, ASUS Z74-K mb, ASUS GeForce GTX 960 gpu, 16 GB ram, 2 x SSD drives, Windows 10 64 bit

Steam name: sound_flier

#38 slouis

slouis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 09 December 2016 - 06:19 AM

The ratio hasn't changed.  The downswing has always been .25 of the backswing

I thought the backswing should be .25 of the downswing so if you take your club back at 1 mph your downswing should 4 mph.  At least thats what it shows on the explanation in settings for control method.  In real golf, slow backswing and accelerate on your downswing.

RTSM - Pro

#39 Sup?

Sup?

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 06:37 AM

Sorry, not liking this at all.  Congrats to the 15 beta testers that changed it out of 90 players that play this game.  Hope it's tailored made to your liking now.  After almost 2 years playing this "game" (and that's what it is all you sim buff's) this ruined it for me personally.  

• Drgnslyr221 and Sup? like this

#40 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 06:39 AM

As a 3C (three clicker) I find this update outstanding!  Some shots are more difficult whilst other shots are less penalized when there are bad snaps.  Missing snaps before this update was insane in Pro and Tour Pro.  Thanks for getting it balanced.

Congrats on bringing this game to another level of virtual golf.  Kudos!

• Tresclub and SirGrassCutter like this

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

xqc8g0-2.png

🏌️‍♂️                                                       🏌️‍♀️
Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

51049423131_98884de356_w.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users