303 replies to this topic

#41 Sup?

Sup?

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 06:45 AM

As a 3C (three clicker) I find this update outstanding!  Some shots are more difficult whilst other shots are less penalized when there are bad snaps.  Missing snaps before this update was insane in Pro and Tour Pro.  Thanks for getting it balanced.

Congrats on bringing this game to another level of virtual golf.  Kudos!

Seems exactly the same to me.

#42 slouis

slouis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 09 December 2016 - 06:51 AM

Don't know if this is a bug or what but if you are putting from the fairway, the additional cameras for putting do not work. 

RTSM - Pro

#43 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 07:10 AM

Seems exactly the same to me.

Seems you are contradicting yourself according to your earlier post: click here

I also find the 3Click meter "buttery smooth" and faster to respond on the Snap. :D

• Dazmaniac likes this

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

xqc8g0-2.png

🏌️‍♂️                                                       🏌️‍♀️
Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

51049423131_98884de356_w.jpg

#44 highfade

highfade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 09 December 2016 - 07:10 AM

Don't know if this is a bug or what but if you are putting from the fairway, the additional cameras for putting do not work. 

It's been reported in beta testing and a workaround is to change clubs and then change the cameras.

Intel Core i5-6600 CPU 3.3 GHz       Geforce GTX 1060        16GB  RAM       Windows 10 64 bit

Hazyview  (600m above sea level)    --   Nautilus Bay  (Revamp done)  --  Cape Fear  (TGC  adaptation)  --  Aloe Ridge  --  Nahoon Reef GC  --  Chambers Bay 

Abel's Crossing  --  Solitude Links GC

#45 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 07:21 AM

xqc8g0-2.png

🏌️‍♂️                                                       🏌️‍♀️
Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

51049423131_98884de356_w.jpg

#46 gravedodger

gravedodger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • LocationThe northy part of Ireland

Posted 09 December 2016 - 07:31 AM

Fantastic update chaps, just finished a round on the new Kissing Tree course and the 'realistic' setting for putting is nothing short of awesome ... this new setting really makes the ball look like it's rolling over grass instead of glass  B) whoever in the dev team thought of that improvement deserves a slap on the back, a day off work, free coffee and as much cake as they want !!!

The new course is great too, love the reachable Par 4's.

Well done!

#47 Mwh65

Mwh65

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 07:31 AM

Excellent news about the update release

PGLS - Free for all players of Perfect Golf

http://pgls.golfladd.../pgls_intro.php

#48 frank70

frank70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 December 2016 - 07:37 AM

Try it out, bad clicks still result in visits to the deep wildwoods! The change was mainly to balance the GIR and FIR with other control methods.

Really? That means, that 3-click stats should be more like RTS-C stats? I beg to differ.

Almost all 3-clickers on Tour Pro use the avant ball. And the best are hitting 60% fairways and 65% green. If that precision is not enough they can easily use the caliber ball. We RTS-M players HAVE to use the caliber ball - otherwise we wouldn't sniff 50% fairways. At the moment the RTS-M-players are around 15-20 yards shorter of the tee with almost the same stats as the 3-clickers.

The only problem with long game balance was, that it was too easy for the RTS-C players .... and there was no change? That's baffling.

I played on the mouse tour last week. It was on Pro level and almost all participants were under par. But still only 3 or 4 of them are playing Tour pro... Why? Because it's hard and i like it that way. It's the hardest control method imho. Because it has no meter (3-click has). And the stats for RTS-C show quite clearly that hitting it straight is easier. The changes to 3-click and the no-changes to RTS-C will shift the balance even more imho.

P.S.: The 3 best players at OGT (World Rankings) are 3-clickers. And the swing method gets easier????

In the meantime the best RTS-C players in the last tourney had 96, 89, 86 and 84% FIR. 3 of the 4 used the avant ball......

I know that i will love the update because it brings realism to the game. As a solo player i will be happy. But balance between the swing methods? We will see. 

#49 frank70

frank70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 December 2016 - 07:51 AM

And the tempo is totally messed up for RTS-M. I get 0.20 ratios regularly with my normal swing the pole isn't visible any more and i get around 20 mishit heel regularly when i before seldomly had more than maybe 6.

Wow!! Why did you change all that? We have to totally relearn the hardest swing method? 

#50 Sliceapottomus

Sliceapottomus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 09 December 2016 - 07:54 AM

I will take this oppertunity to thank the devs for their hard work and at least trying to make the game better. Thankyou also goes for the new FREE course... Much appreciated.... The ball bounces and bounce reaction to surface seems more realistic now .I still have alot of adjusting to do and I am really upset that the side view putting camera is gone. Before I could switch to that when using rts to gauge how far back the putter head  was being pulled. the new behind golfer camera views do not give you the perspective needed to properly set distance. In motion swing you have the meter. rts we learned to use the golfer as the meter, I really would like to see this back....The other thing i cant wrap my head around is the spin.. The only time i get spin on approach shots is when hitting into an up slope or to an elevated green.... is there supposed to be some sort of acceleration through impact now needed for spinning less than 100 % shots. You used to be able to loft and deloft a club to add some spin and now no matter what loft used the ball spin does not change....I don't think Ill ever be a fan of the realistic putting greens. The  luck factor is not low enough to emulate realistic putting. Your ball moves off the intended line way too often.. And bumpy might as well be airated greens,  Don't play them in real life and given the choice not sure why anyone would want to on here.

Ncccrca.jpg
Operating System - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit ,  CPU - Intel Core i5 7600K @ 3.80GHz ,  RAM - 16.0GB, MotherboardASRock B250M Pro4 (CPUSocket) , Graphics card4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti ,  Storage256GB (SSD) , 931GB Seagate , 232GB Maxtor USB Device

#51 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 07:59 AM

And the tempo is totally messed up for RTS-M. I get 0.20 ratios regularly with my normal swing the pole isn't visible any more and i get around 20 mishit heel regularly when i before seldomly had more than maybe 6.

Wow!! Why did you change all that? We have to totally relearn the hardest swing method? 

If you're overswinging at all the timing has been changed as explained in the patch notes. While we don't expect everyone to agree on difficulty balancing (in fact I would have been amazed) I think it's only fair that you let the dust settle before making judgement on relative difficulty.

• Parboy, scoops100 and Crusher like this

#52 frank70

frank70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 December 2016 - 08:18 AM

If you're overswinging at all the timing has been changed as explained in the patch notes. While we don't expect everyone to agree on difficulty balancing (in fact I would have been amazed) I think it's only fair that you let the dust settle before making judgement on relative difficulty.

Fair enough, Mike.

My problem right now is, that the RTS-M has totally changed. With my normal swing, that i grooved over more than 300 hours i get swings of 2 inside out, 20 mishit heel and a ratio between 0.20 and 0.22. And i wasn't overswinging before on purpose. My normal swing alsways has been between 0.99 and 102% power. Part might be, that the pole isn't visible and moving anymore when swinging. Before the patch i left clicked and hold the left mouse button when swinging. When i did that, the pole was moving towards me. The moving pole probably had no influence to the shot result but now the look is totally different. And still it's baffling to me that i am mishitting the shots in that extreme way.

#53 jt83

jt83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 08:23 AM

Hm, it appears I can no longer select a pitching wedge for a pitch shot...hoping it will all make sense in time :)

#54 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts
  • LocationWest End, Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Posted 09 December 2016 - 08:32 AM

My problem right now is, that the RTS-M has totally changed. 

It seems OK for me.      (Only joking frank. I hate when people say that)

But it does seem OK  - but that's at Pro level. 

Ummm....what is 'the pole' frank? I'm intrigued.

#55 frank70

frank70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 December 2016 - 09:09 AM

It seems OK for me.      (Only joking frank. I hate when people say that)

But it does seem OK  - but that's at Pro level. 

Ummm....what is 'the pole' frank? I'm intrigued.

The aiming pole. When i left clicked the pole appeared. And when i moved the mouse backwards the pole went towards me. I wasn't even looking at it because i looked to the animation/club. But with my periphal view i saw it moving. No that it doesn't move anymore it just feels totally different. Doesn't explain though why i am mishitting the ball so extremely (20 heel, at least 2 inside/out swing plane). And the tempo definately changed. I mean 0.20 instead of 0.24 to 0.26. That's a huge difference. I haven't "forgotten" my normal swing tempo overnight. 

#56 ArisFuser

ArisFuser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 09:38 AM

Fantastic update guys! Thanks a lot! Playing 3C Pro is now feeling fair and balanced.

• mistajam, Crusher and SirGrassCutter like this

#57 Mailman

Mailman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • LocationCounty Durham, UK

Posted 09 December 2016 - 09:39 AM

Played a quick round at Kissing Tree scored +4.  Interesting to say the least with shots not behaving as they used to.  The short game esp the pitch is rightly harder.

Have I missed something in the Dev notes about 'Forgiving Controller assists' - up popped a message at the end of the round.  Cannot remember the exact wording but it was a 'courtesy' message and gabbled on about controller assists.  Now I struggle to hit 50% of FW and that is with me setting my mouse as forgiving as I can.  Lord knows what is going to happen if I remove them altogether.

Intel i5 4690K (OC to 4.4GHz), Arctic i32 CPU cooler, 16GB DDR3 RAM @2400MHz, Nvidia Inno 3D iChill 1060 (6GB)

#58 JoeBradley

JoeBradley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 09:41 AM

The aiming pole. When i left clicked the pole appeared. And when i moved the mouse backwards the pole went towards me. I wasn't even looking at it because i looked to the animation/club. But with my periphal view i saw it moving. No that it doesn't move anymore it just feels totally different. Doesn't explain though why i am mishitting the ball so extremely (20 heel, at least 2 inside/out swing plane). And the tempo definately changed. I mean 0.20 instead of 0.24 to 0.26. That's a huge difference. I haven't "forgotten" my normal swing tempo overnight. 

Frank, there is something strange going on at your end because I've just gone to the range and to Woody's playing through the clubs at both Pro and Tour Pro in RTS-M and everything is just great. Subtle differences but tempo is fine. I still can't hit straight overswing shots but then I never could and stay away from those. I'm using Avant ball, too. Someone else reported strange happenings but a reboot and restart of PG seems to sort them. So far, I absolutely love the changes and will just take a few tweaks in swing etc to be right back on track, so I hope you can rediscover your swing soon, whether it's a technical issue or otherwise.

Love the realistic greens and new cup physics, btw - the ball roll (and lip/bounce outs) look, well, realistic.

Edit: Just to confirm these initial experiences, shot 64 at Pro RTS-M at the new Kissing Tree (lovely course BTW) in calm, 12 stimp, realistic greens. Admittedly a forgiving course with drivable par 4s and reachable 5s, but a FIR of 67 and GIR 72 suggests things have not changed drastically for RTS-M. I misjudged some approaches (club lengths will need some adjusting to) and missed a couple of med range putts on 'flat' greens due to wobble, and got caught out by the rolling pitch shots a couple of times, but otherwise a familiar experience. One again, Frank, please do look into technical issues because I am not experiencing these big swing/tempo issues you describe. 

• frank70 likes this

#59 fishwicket79

fishwicket79

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 10:59 AM

I will take this oppertunity to thank the devs for their hard work and at least trying to make the game better. Thankyou also goes for the new FREE course... Much appreciated.... The ball bounces and bounce reaction to surface seems more realistic now .I still have alot of adjusting to do and I am really upset that the side view putting camera is gone. Before I could switch to that when using rts to gauge how far back the putter head was being pulled. the new behind golfer camera views do not give you the perspective needed to properly set distance. In motion swing you have the meter. rts we learned to use the golfer as the meter, I really would like to see this back....The other thing i cant wrap my head around is the spin.. The only time i get spin on approach shots is when hitting into an up slope or to an elevated green.... is there supposed to be some sort of acceleration through impact now needed for spinning less than 100 % shots. You used to be able to loft and deloft a club to add some spin and now no matter what loft used the ball spin does not change....I don't think Ill ever be a fan of the realistic putting greens. The luck factor is not low enough to emulate realistic putting. Your ball moves off the intended line way too often.. And bumpy might as well be airated greens, Don't play them in real life and given the choice not sure why anyone would want to on here.

slice a player of your ability need not worry about any update and the changes it brings,the end result will always be the same

#60 Mailman

Mailman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • LocationCounty Durham, UK

Posted 09 December 2016 - 10:59 AM

Another thing - one of my pals recorded a round and uploaded it but I cannot see his round.  I did likewise and uploaded my REC round to 'PG Cloud'.  He cannot see my REC round in the PG cloud and I cannot see his.  But we can both see our own REC rounds should we wish to replay our own rounds back (unlikely for me personally).  I just checked that I was able to play this REC round against myself! (again unlikely)  Is there something we have both neglected to do?  Or is this functionality not working as intended?

Intel i5 4690K (OC to 4.4GHz), Arctic i32 CPU cooler, 16GB DDR3 RAM @2400MHz, Nvidia Inno 3D iChill 1060 (6GB)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users