#21 Vernon520

Vernon520

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts
  • LocationWestcliff-on-Sea, Essex. U.K

Posted 10 December 2016 - 01:51 PM

How you come to this assumption is beyond me.

First of all no-one is accusing anybody of anything. We can simply detect when a controller or mouse is more forgiving than the norm. The person using that device will get a message informing them of that so If they want to play the game as intended they can disable either axis adjustments or angle snapping in their controller software if it's installed. If their controller has none of these features they can carry on playing in the knowledge that the game is playing easier from them than it was designed to play. 

PS 'cheating'  discussions which is entirely different thing are not allowed in our forums so bear that in mind when posting.

I do not believe that the discussion is about cheating but rather about the use of equipment available on the market which is deemed to give a person an unfair advantage or 'not playing the game'.

My own personal feelings are that if some one wants join a tournament then he or she will have to conform to the rules and regulations of that tour but off the shelf, non modified controllers are there for anyone to buy and to use and the person and/or the controller should not be demonised by others.

I use the Speedlink because it is more comfortable to use and has a matte finish which stops my hands from sweating, nothing more.

• SirGrassCutter likes this

#22 Hokodah

Hokodah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 05:10 PM

I use a Logitech G900 wireless mouse which can also be used with the wire and my son uses a Logitech 400 or 11, I`m not sure which, wired mouse.  Neither have the axis or angle snapping turned on.  I can see no reason for us to get a notice that a assist device is being used.  I consider myself lucky to hit 50% fairways.  My son is much better at that and occasionally shoots a low round.  I have no idea what the assist is detecting and question if it is accurate and  dependable for detecting cheating.

#23 hhatch

hhatch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 05:25 PM

I use motion swing with dpi at 400 for both axes and no angle snapping. Why did I get an anti cheat message ?

#24 Vernon520

Vernon520

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts
  • LocationWestcliff-on-Sea, Essex. U.K

Posted 10 December 2016 - 05:35 PM

I use motion swing with dpi at 400 for both axes and no angle snapping. Why did I get an anti cheat message ?

It seems that you are not alone. According to 'Mike', there is no anti cheat device so I wouldn't worry about it.

#25 Mailman

Mailman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • LocationCounty Durham, UK

Posted 10 December 2016 - 05:41 PM

Unfortunately my game has gone from a reasonable player (by reasonable I mean playing to par or slightly better) to an absolute duffer because of the stigma I personally feel when I see 'the notice'.  Just spent the best part of 1 hour gradually toning down the software assists bit by bit on the practice ground.  Good news is that finished my first round at Sapphire Lakes without the 'Courtesy Notice' bad news is I was dreadful off the tee (5/14) and equally dreadful in GIR (4/18).  Putting though was realistic (30 putts) but this was on perfect greens (stimp 9).  Scored +15 (gross 87).  I shall persist over the next few days trying to play myself into something resembling decency in the 70's gross (what I achieve IRL).

Re mouse sensitivities, does PG/the wider community deem say playing at say x-axis sensitivity 100, y-axis sensitivity 500 fair ?(I cannot set independent x,y axes and I can report they are both set on 400dpi for PG ATM)  I ask because the only software 'cheat' that I am able to utilise is the 'snap to angle' setting and this does make a difference when turned up on my mouse to say 75% or higher (I might be able to hit 50% FW... whoopee).  Turning it off altogether sees duck hooks way beyond what I can hit IRL and I reckon I would have hit 0% FW today.  Playing this round today had it down at about 25% but I was still too wild.  I'd love to know what the really good RTS-M scorers are using on their mouse settings  re x,y sensitivities and 'snap to angle'.  That round was certainly not enjoyable.  

Anyways SCD will be on shortly - post not a gripe but an observation before anyone gets the hump as they often do when I ramble on.

Intel i5 4690K (OC to 4.4GHz), Arctic i32 CPU cooler, 16GB DDR3 RAM @2400MHz, Nvidia Inno 3D iChill 1060 (6GB)

#26 Mailman

Mailman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • LocationCounty Durham, UK

Posted 10 December 2016 - 06:05 PM

It's in our Tour Guidelines.   

Does not seem to say anything specifically about mouse settings re x,y sensitivity numbers or 'snap too angle' as these are the things that do make a difference to any mouse user.

Intel i5 4690K (OC to 4.4GHz), Arctic i32 CPU cooler, 16GB DDR3 RAM @2400MHz, Nvidia Inno 3D iChill 1060 (6GB)

#27 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 10 December 2016 - 09:06 PM

Turning it off altogether sees duck hooks way beyond what I can hit IRL and I reckon I would have hit 0% FW today.

That sounds like me when I was first playing RTS-C pro on my 360 controller.  :lol:

If your hook is as consistently chronic as mine was you may be able to use the same solution I did.... by moving the shot shaper full right before each shot. I could then aim just slightly right and my FW% went from about 20% to 80%+ !! You then only have to worry about dog-leg rights!

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#28 Hokodah

Hokodah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 09:53 PM

With all due respect, I never use the shot shaper except for high or low shots.  It appears to me that it is as much an assist as someone using snap angle or xy controls. In my opinion if you need to shape a shot, draw or fade, It should be done with your club { mouse} as it is in real golf. That`s one of the things that makes this golf game better than the rest.

• Vernon520, maxie and Brendan like this

#29 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 10 December 2016 - 10:03 PM

With all due respect, I never use the shot shaper except for high or low shots.  It appears to me that it is as much an assist as someone using snap angle or xy controls. In my opinion if you need to shape a shot, draw or fade, It should be done with your club { mouse} as it is in real golf. That`s one of the things that makes this golf game better than the rest.

I agree that it is an assist, but it is an assist that is built into, and allowed by the game... not by external means. If it was not a legitimate tool in the game I would never have used it. Perhaps PP should consider removing it for some swing types.

For 3-click players though, it is a necessary tool because there is no option to change the swing other than missing the snap, which causes loss of distance at the higher difficulty levels.

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#30 Armand

Armand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 10 December 2016 - 10:26 PM

I agree that the left/right should be disabled with using a mouse swing or RTS.  3C players will still need it, I think, but it seems it would be much easier to control with the shot shaper and 3C than solely with a mouse.

#31 Brendan

Brendan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationDublin

Posted 10 December 2016 - 11:19 PM

Unfortunately my game has gone from a reasonable player (by reasonable I mean playing to par or slightly better) to an absolute duffer because of the stigma I personally feel when I see 'the notice'.  Just spent the best part of 1 hour gradually toning down the software assists bit by bit on the practice ground.  Good news is that finished my first round at Sapphire Lakes without the 'Courtesy Notice' bad news is I was dreadful off the tee (5/14) and equally dreadful in GIR (4/18).  Putting though was realistic (30 putts) but this was on perfect greens (stimp 9).  Scored +15 (gross 87).  I shall persist over the next few days trying to play myself into something resembling decency in the 70's gross (what I achieve IRL).

Re mouse sensitivities, does PG/the wider community deem say playing at say x-axis sensitivity 100, y-axis sensitivity 500 fair ?(I cannot set independent x,y axes and I can report they are both set on 400dpi for PG ATM)  I ask because the only software 'cheat' that I am able to utilise is the 'snap to angle' setting and this does make a difference when turned up on my mouse to say 75% or higher (I might be able to hit 50% FW... whoopee).  Turning it off altogether sees duck hooks way beyond what I can hit IRL and I reckon I would have hit 0% FW today.  Playing this round today had it down at about 25% but I was still too wild.  I'd love to know what the really good RTS-M scorers are using on their mouse settings  re x,y sensitivities and 'snap to angle'.  That round was certainly not enjoyable.  

Anyways SCD will be on shortly - post not a gripe but an observation before anyone gets the hump as they often do when I ramble on.

Snap angle off, x and y dpi both 800

Brendan

Admin for OGT fun tourneys

#32 Brendan

Brendan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationDublin

Posted 10 December 2016 - 11:22 PM

I agree that the left/right should be disabled with using a mouse swing or RTS.  3C players will still need it, I think, but it seems it would be much easier to control with the shot shaper and 3C than solely with a mouse.

agreed

Brendan

Admin for OGT fun tourneys

#33 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 11:53 PM

You can open or close the clubface IRL therefore presetting a spin axis with all other things being equal - could you give me a reason why we should take something out that's in real golf?

• Fairwayman and SirGrassCutter like this

#34 hhatch

hhatch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 12:20 AM

What is the answer to this question ?

#35 maxie

maxie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 12:30 AM

what is angle snapping?

#36 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 12:43 AM

You get the message when you're playing solo?

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#37 Armand

Armand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 11 December 2016 - 12:44 AM

You can open or close the clubface IRL therefore presetting a spin axis with all other things being equal - could you give me a reason why we should take something out that's in real golf?

Mike, I see what you're saying, but it's my belief that the same effect can be accomplished with not only the path of the mouse, but also the angle of the mouse (or are these sort of the same thing?).  So I don't believe it's taking that feature out of the game; it's just available through other means.  As I mentioned, the 3C would still require it and possibly the controller might (I don't know that swing well enough). 

Obviously, you know the swing features much better than any of us do, but isn't the left/right shot shaper mimicked by the mouse path?

#38 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 11 December 2016 - 12:51 AM

What mike said...... its crazy to even suggest that the shot shaper is an assist, i use it to help alleviate a fade on longer irons and woods, but sometimes i hit on plane and get no benefit at all, it goes against me.  How people cannot understand that is beyond me, its totally part of golf.

• SirGrassCutter likes this

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#39 hhatch

hhatch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 12:55 AM

You get the message when you're playing solo?

Yes, since the update I have played only solo or against AI.

#40 drb7

drb7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 11 December 2016 - 01:01 AM

you can open or close the clubface at address but it does not guarantee that angle at impact, the preset guarantees an impact angle with is not realistic

• Armand likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users