• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#41 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 01:05 AM

Yes, since the update I have played only solo or against AI.

Then I'd say there is some kind of setting somewhere that the game thinks is some kind of aid to the axis.  I have no idea what that would be.  It may even be a hidden feature in your mouse software, I dunno.  Or it's a bug, like a false positive.  I wouldn't worry about it.  The game isn't going to ban you from playing.

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#42 Mailman

Mailman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • LocationCounty Durham, UK

Posted 11 December 2016 - 08:07 AM

Snap angle off, x and y dpi both 800

Thank you for this information.  I shall give these settings a go.  At least I cannot be any worse than I was in Rd 1 @ Sapphire.

Anyone else out there care to share?

Intel i5 4690K (OC to 4.4GHz), Arctic i32 CPU cooler, 16GB DDR3 RAM @2400MHz, Nvidia Inno 3D iChill 1060 (6GB)

#43 frank70

frank70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 December 2016 - 09:24 AM

What is snap angle? Never heard of it.

Where can i find that in the settings? Windows settings or mouse software settings? I want to make sure that it is off.

#44 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 09:46 AM

you can open or close the clubface at address but it does not guarantee that angle at impact, the preset guarantees an impact angle with is not realistic

I can close my clubface in PG and then hit a slice via my swing so that's exactly what you're describing can happen IRL.

#45 Armand

Armand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 11 December 2016 - 07:53 PM

I can close my clubface in PG and then hit a slice via my swing so that's exactly what you're describing can happen IRL.

I believe the same outcome can happen if the draw/fade shot shaper isn't used as well, isn't it?  If so, that is why I (and a few others) suggest that it may not be a necessary option for the mouse swing.  If not, then we are not fully understanding of the swing factors that impact the shots.

In the end, I really don't think it's going to bother any of us if the shot shaper is left in the game; it seems a few of us have chosen not to use the draw/fade options of the shot shaper.  We believe every shot outcome is still possible when using a mouse swing.  Removing it would probably make the game much more difficult for those that use the draw/fade options, and perhaps that isn't the level of difficulty that you want in the game - which is fine.

#46 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 08:09 PM

I believe the same outcome can happen if the draw/fade shot shaper isn't used as well, isn't it?  If so, that is why I (and a few others) suggest that it may not be a necessary option for the mouse swing.  If not, then we are not fully understanding of the swing factors that impact the shots.

In the end, I really don't think it's going to bother any of us if the shot shaper is left in the game; it seems a few of us have chosen not to use the draw/fade options of the shot shaper.  We believe every shot outcome is still possible when using a mouse swing.  Removing it would probably make the game much more difficult for those that use the draw/fade options, and perhaps that isn't the level of difficulty that you want in the game - which is fine.

What we try and add to the game is realism, I was responding to the previous poster in the post you quoted so please don't quote it out of context.

You can alter your setup/clubface etc in the real game so all things being equal and after a good swing the ball will curve one way or the other depending on the way you preset it. This is a fact.

You can still hit the ball with any shape or direction if you make a bad swing no matter what you were trying to do with your setup, this is also a fact.

So there is no value in us taking out something that you can do in real golf. What you're suggesting is akin to taking the 5 iron out of the bag (even though it's available in real golf) and thus making the game more challenging. We don't take the 5 iron out because its available in real golf and we don't take out the pre-swing options because they are also there in real life.

If you prefer not to use the shot setup option that's fine. Not every pro who fades the ball as their preferred shot sets up for a fade at address, they do it via their swing. The options are there and depending on the player they choose what works for them.

• SirGrassCutter likes this

#47 SirGrassCutter

SirGrassCutter

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationIn the heavy rough

Posted 11 December 2016 - 08:12 PM

I do not believe that the discussion is about cheating but rather about the use of equipment available on the market which is deemed to give a person an unfair advantage or 'not playing the game'.

My own personal feelings are that if some one wants join a tournament then he or she will have to conform to the rules and regulations of that tour but off the shelf, non modified controllers are there for anyone to buy and to use and the person and/or the controller should not be demonised by others.

I use the Speedlink because it is more comfortable to use and has a matte finish which stops my hands from sweating, nothing more.

There is always a lot of silliness that goes on playing these tournaments.  The fact that some have the audacity to think that only certain controllers should be used is a great example that I made the right decision.  I could never deal with small people or minds.

Another great example of silliness was the accusation that all players who used the custom settings before this update were using beginner.  That is utter poppycock and boulderdash.  Now those who play me will see I am using pro custom and not beginner custom.  Good grief!

#48 SirGrassCutter

SirGrassCutter

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 08:26 PM

I agree that it is an assist, but it is an assist that is built into, and allowed by the game... not by external means. If it was not a legitimate tool in the game I would never have used it. Perhaps PP should consider removing it for some swing types.

For 3-click players though, it is a necessary tool because there is no option to change the swing other than missing the snap, which causes loss of distance at the higher difficulty levels.

"Perhaps PP should consider removing it for some swing types."

Heeeeere we go again.  How many more suggestions are there going to be to keep changing the skill levels?  I have a suggestion too.  Play what you like and let others play what they like.  Taking out the draw/fade meter which is in all golf games and should be, is a very ludicrous suggestion imo.

I hope people here do realise that only around 10-15 players want an ever increasing difficulty applied to the already set skill levels.   When is enough enough and when will these players just learn to love the game instead of dissecting it bit by bit?  Next will come the ludicrous suggestion of removing the putting information at the top two levels.  Some will not be satisfied until every single thing is their way to the detriment of all else who play the game.

Some have wondered why I am so vocal to difficulty setting changes.  I could see this coming many months ago.  Can you finally see why?  Now that PP changed the custom difficulty levels some are already asking for the new green settings to be enforced on the two top levels.  Now the suggestion to remove the shot shaper?!  When will the insanity end?

#49 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 08:28 PM

@SirGoldenCutter: 

Can't we please go just a single day without you launching the exact same volley of complaints & comments about the game and the users requests here?

#50 SirGrassCutter

SirGrassCutter

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 08:30 PM

you can open or close the clubface at address but it does not guarantee that angle at impact, the preset guarantees an impact angle with is not realistic

It is realistic as one still has to execute a good snap to achieve the results.  Next!  :)

#51 SirGrassCutter

SirGrassCutter

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 08:36 PM

@SirGoldenCutter: 

Can't we please go just a single day without you launching the exact same volley of complaints & comments about the game and the users requests here?

Could we go one "single" day without the few trying to change the game for all else?  You are fortunate I even replied to this.  I have the same rights to post my viewpoints as everyone else.  At least mine do not try to suck the joy out of the game.  

I do not use the same "complaints" so stop with the lies please.  Each post of mine is directed to what I am replying to.  If what I am doing you call complaints by asking for certain things to stay as PP programmed them; then what you are asking for to be changed is also a complaint.  You can clearly see that makes as much sense as calling my replies complaints.  G'day

#52 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 11 December 2016 - 08:37 PM

There is always a lot of silliness that goes on playing these tournaments.  The fact that some have the audacity to think that only certain controllers should be used is a great example that I made the right decision.  I could never deal with small people or minds.

Another great example of silliness was the accusation that all players who used the custom settings before this update were using beginner.  That is utter poppycock and boulderdash.  Now those who play me will see I am using pro custom and not beginner custom.  Good grief!

You call it audacity, i call it leveling the playing field so the game on tour is fair for all, not just in favour of some!  tell me how that is in anyway small minded, i'm all ears.  Don't you want a fair tour with people playing the game the way it is meant to be played..seems there are some that most certainly don't, they want it stacked in their favour, guess what! they have it that way too...so rejoice  :)

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#53 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 08:49 PM

You are fortunate I even replied to this.

lol

"Thanks" for replying Golden Bear

#54 Armand

Armand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 11 December 2016 - 10:11 PM

What we try and add to the game is realism, I was responding to the previous poster in the post you quoted so please don't quote it out of context.

You can alter your setup/clubface etc in the real game so all things being equal and after a good swing the ball will curve one way or the other depending on the way you preset it. This is a fact.

You can still hit the ball with any shape or direction if you make a bad swing no matter what you were trying to do with your setup, this is also a fact.

So there is no value in us taking out something that you can do in real golf. What you're suggesting is akin to taking the 5 iron out of the bag (even though it's available in real golf) and thus making the game more challenging. We don't take the 5 iron out because its available in real golf and we don't take out the pre-swing options because they are also there in real life.

If you prefer not to use the shot setup option that's fine. Not every pro who fades the ball as their preferred shot sets up for a fade at address, they do it via their swing. The options are there and depending on the player they choose what works for them.

I don't understand what you feel is out of context.  Both myself and drb7 responded to your question about removing something from the game that you can do real life; in my mind, your response didn't really address our comments, so I quoted your response to give you and other readers a reminder about what my response pertained to.   If that is considered out of context, my bad - I thought it was topical to the group discussion of what can be done in real golf and in the game with respect to the shot shaper.

The remainder of your response confirms what I had thought about the swing.  Any result can be achieved solely with mouse (except high/low shots).  My initial suggestion was to make the game more difficult/challenging with certain swing methods.  Perhaps I should have included to remove the draw/fade at the higher difficulty levels as well - again, my bad.  To me, it was a suggestion similar to disallowing aiming in the top view at higher levels.  Your analogy to removing the 5-iron is quite a stretch, but I get the intent of it.  There is more than one way to execute a draw/fade in real life, so PG allows more than one way to execute a fade/draw in the game - that makes sense and, agreed, there is no reason to remove it for any swing at any difficulty level.

#55 Mailman

Mailman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • LocationCounty Durham, UK

Posted 11 December 2016 - 10:23 PM

I use motion swing with dpi at 400 for both axes and no angle snapping. Why did I get an anti cheat message ?

Will play my next round at these settings just to see if I get the same message.  The last round had me playing at dpi 800 for both axes and no angle snapping - I did not the advisory 'courtesy' notice but I was shouting 'FORE' throughout the round.  :D

Intel i5 4690K (OC to 4.4GHz), Arctic i32 CPU cooler, 16GB DDR3 RAM @2400MHz, Nvidia Inno 3D iChill 1060 (6GB)

#56 Vernon520

Vernon520

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts
  • LocationWestcliff-on-Sea, Essex. U.K

Posted 11 December 2016 - 10:44 PM

You call it audacity, i call it leveling the playing field so the game on tour is fair for all, not just in favour of some!  tell me how that is in anyway small minded, i'm all ears.  Don't you want a fair tour with people playing the game the way it is meant to be played..seems there are some that most certainly don't, they want it stacked in their favour, guess what! they have it that way too...so rejoice  :)

The trouble is IMO that you are jumping to the wrong conclusions in regard to 3rd party controllers. They are not as forgiving as you make them out to be and lets suppose that MS brings out a new Xbox controller that is just as forgiving, will you want them banned as well?

• SirGrassCutter likes this

#57 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 11 December 2016 - 11:04 PM

The trouble is IMO that you are jumping to the wrong conclusions in regard to 3rd party controllers. They are not as forgiving as you make them out to be and lets suppose that MS brings out a new Xbox controller that is just as forgiving, will you want them banned as well?

They won't..why? because they would be quality pads, hence the price difference.  They are much better in terms of being more granular and picking up on the tiniest of movements, that's why 3rd party pads are way more forgiving in golf games, these movements do not get picked up until you swing way offline.  I'm sure mike will confirm that the controller swing for PG was created around the microsoft xbox pad, they would not have used any 3rd party pad to conduct their testing or build the swing upon. A good example would be games like call of duty or battlefield, if you play these games on console you would never use a third party pad, you would get murdered everytime, they lack precision in every way, but sadly they do allow straighter hitting in golf games.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#58 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 11 December 2016 - 11:32 PM

There is no doubt they will make it easier to hit the ball straight as they seem to hit everything straight.  I played a practice round today with my DS4 at Pro level with the new update and I can tell you its just a whole new game especially the short game but if you use a 3rd party controller like the Speedlink it will not change how the game plays as you will still hit it straight all the time except for the occational miss that seems to happen with them.  Game much more fun with the Microsoft or Playstation product and that is more reason to switch right there as trust me it wont be boring at all with those controllers.

#59 SirGrassCutter

SirGrassCutter

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 12:16 AM

lol

"Thanks" for replying Golden Bear

?  A weak attempt at flame baiting me when I have mentioned to you and mebby more than once that you are both failed detectives.  Yet you say I have the issues?  You just lost.  But please do continue if it makes your world happier.  :)

#60 SirGrassCutter

SirGrassCutter

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 12:20 AM

They won't..why? because they would be quality pads, hence the price difference.  They are much better in terms of being more granular and picking up on the tiniest of movements, that's why 3rd party pads are way more forgiving in golf games, these movements do not get picked up until you swing way offline.  I'm sure mike will confirm that the controller swing for PG was created around the microsoft xbox pad, they would not have used any 3rd party pad to conduct their testing or build the swing upon. A good example would be games like call of duty or battlefield, if you play these games on console you would never use a third party pad, you would get murdered everytime, they lack precision in every way, but sadly they do allow straighter hitting in golf games.

The day a thou shalt not use a particular peripheral in a game is the day I would leave said game if I was a controller player.  No one should dictate who uses what controller, mouse, keyboard, computer.........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users