51 replies to this topic

#21 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 31 December 2014 - 12:52 PM

The only issue I have with the lightning storm one is the fact that it seems very bright considering the density of the dark grey clouds, plus the fact you can easily see the shadows of the palm trees which again seems out of place for that much cloud cover. The lightning effect is very cool though.

Fixed in latest Build.  When you select rain or storm it now overrides your sky setting to overcast

• IanK likes this

#22 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 31 December 2014 - 12:55 PM

What's about the Physics of the Ball in difficult Weather Situations? Did that effect also the Flights of the Ball? Or is that only a simple Viedoeffect without any Change the Gamephysics?

Yes and No....  We have built in two features into our physics model called Wind Elevation Coefficient and Wind Gust Factor. When you play in different wind modes the elevation coefficient amplifies the wind effect when your ball gets up in the air and nullifies it a little closer to the ground using a logorithmic scale.  Similarly the gust factor increases the gustiness of the wind at higher ball altitudes

• ✠ davef ✠ and IanK like this

#23 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 01:27 PM

Thank you for the videos InDaskies and for your input Andrew. The game is starting to get me quite excited.

Ian
  • ☠InDaSkies☠ likes this
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#24 Volker

Volker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationSehnde, Germany

Posted 31 December 2014 - 02:14 PM

Thanks for sharing, InDaskies, very interesting. Didn´t like the foggy one, but the others are looking fantastic.

• ☠InDaSkies☠ likes this

#25 ☠InDaSkies☠

☠InDaSkies☠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • LocationCedar Lake Indiana

Posted 31 December 2014 - 02:24 PM

Thanks for sharing, InDaskies, very interesting. Didn´t like the foggy one, but the others are looking fantastic.

Actually, There was an update this morning and that was addressed. It looks better now. 

• IanK likes this

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit.
Silverstone ST1500 1500W ATX
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Editon
4x Kingston Digital HyperX Fury 240GB SSD Sata III HD's In Raid 0
1 TB HD for storage
Asus Rog Maximus VIII Extreme/Assembly Motherboard
4x16GB Corsair Dominator Series Memory
Intel Core i7 6700K 4.700.0 MHz Overlocked Quad Core Skylake Desktop Processor, Socket LGA 1151
Zalman Reserator XT External Water Cooling System GPU & CPU
1x LG WH10LS30 Blu-ray Burner
1x LG GGW-H20L Blu-Ray Player
HP ZR 30" Monitor 2560x1600 Resolution

#26 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 02:35 PM

Can you actually get electrocuted by the lightening? Now that would be realistic!

Ian
  • ☠InDaSkies☠ likes this
WWG1WGA

#27 dedBuNNy

dedBuNNy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 31 December 2014 - 03:04 PM

Cool on the ball physics deal... Being able to 'dial or select' backspin on your shot is not remotely realistic imo.

What I hope, is that you're able to select 'ball striking location', meaning if on the ball I can move 'the dot' down on the ball so that I can 'get under' the ball as it were. 

So that if I move the dot to the bottom of the ball and hit it with say 95% power with a LW I'm gonna end up with either a nice flop shot, or if I go too extreme, in wrong conditions, slip right under the ball as would happen irl. 

M Swing  //   N Assists

#28 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 03:17 PM

Cool on the ball physics deal... Being able to 'dial or select' backspin on your shot is not remotely realistic imo.
What I hope, is that you're able to select 'ball striking location', meaning if on the ball I can move 'the dot' down on the ball so that I can 'get under' the ball as it were.
So that if I move the dot to the bottom of the ball and hit it with say 95% power with a LW I'm gonna end up with either a nice flop shot, or if I go too extreme, in wrong conditions, slip right under the ball as would happen irl.

Sorry, but i don't think that is particularly realistic either. Surely it's the purity of the strike that should create the backspin.
WWG1WGA

#29 ☠InDaSkies☠

☠InDaSkies☠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 03:48 PM

Can you actually get electrocuted by the lightening? Now that would be realistic!

Ian

Off course you can ;)

• IanK likes this

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit.
1 TB HD for storage
Intel Core i7 6700K 4.700.0 MHz Overlocked Quad Core Skylake Desktop Processor, Socket LGA 1151

#30 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 31 December 2014 - 03:58 PM

Ian

Here's the proof:

2lc2155.jpg

• Harald, ✠ davef ✠ and IanK like this
Richard

Posted Image

#31 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 04:26 PM

Affirmative. about 95% or more power on swings with a short iron or club generates backspin (That and landing your ball on an upslope, or hitting it from an uphill lie, or using a splash shot in a bunker, which also creates backspin). There is currently no way that, as a player, you can choose to add backspin to your shots, it only manifests itself when the physical conditions are right: High lofted clubs at high clubhead speed generating the necessary spin rate. In other words, you absolutely can not quickly add a bit backspin for target golf on evey one of your shots, like in other games. 

When playing, you need to be aware of these mechanics and factor them in, and then on top of that also hit a clean shot to get the ball to behave as expected. I'm sure that this topic will engender some more discussions in EA, but the makers are quite stubborn whenever "realistic ball physics" - the declared ideal and purpose of this venture - are being debated.

This might be the best news I've seen a LONG time.

I'm tired of video golf being "lawn darts"

• IanK likes this

#32 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 04:54 PM

This might be the best news I've seen a LONG time.
I'm tired of video golf being "lawn darts"

You certainly couldn't accuse TGC of being like lawn darts. It's almost impossible to stop the ball on the green on their latest two courses.
WWG1WGA

#33 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 31 December 2014 - 05:00 PM

We do have a shot center which you can bring up to hit the ball higher lower and with fade or draw spin.

#34 dedBuNNy

dedBuNNy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 31 December 2014 - 07:35 PM

Sorry, but i don't think that is particularly realistic either. Surely it's the purity of the strike that should create the backspin

If I hit my 56/CG 15 wedge irl, as pure as can be and the shot is set up properly, spin should be great, all things considered. Purity of ball strike though doesn't always mean a good shot, backspin etc. 

I mean I know that with that club, if I'm in bit of rough around the green, if I move way forward, too far by all accounts, and hit the shot way over powered that the ball is gonna kersplode, go about 5 yrds and usually just die where it lands, like 95% of the time. Technically speaking that's a really bad shot, but it works, for me.. I hope you'll be able to 'work the ball' in a similar fashion here. 

I just don't want it to be automatic, that you select backspin and if you are setting the shot up wrong you still get a good result because you hit the shot meter in the right area. 

M Swing  //   N Assists

#35 ☠InDaSkies☠

☠InDaSkies☠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 12:59 AM

Here's A video playing on a clear day. Also notice on the par five I was able to hit my driver off the fairway. the wind is in place now, I was playing calm wind setting.

http://youtu.be/GC7F0nhXLYE

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit.
1 TB HD for storage

#36 ☠InDaSkies☠

☠InDaSkies☠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 02:14 AM

Wanted to share with you guy's the options you have for a replay of your shot. There are six camera options, I choose the reverse Cam in this shot.

http://youtu.be/7scdOJGszuM

• Volker likes this

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit.
1 TB HD for storage

#37 yesrushdt

yesrushdt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 02:28 AM

Much appreciated Jimmy.  Hoping to get my hands on this bad boy next month. 

Looks like you have a killer rig there.  Built a PC a couple months ago with a Rampage V Extreme motherboard.  How has your experience been with the Rampage III?

#38 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 03:24 AM

Surely it's the purity of the strike that should create the backspin.

This is pretty much the way it is, the shot centre can effect the launch angle of the ball but it doesn't really create spin extra spin.

#39 pingzing

pingzing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • LocationQld Australia

Posted 01 January 2015 - 04:51 AM

sweet video  indaskies

thanks mate  i am Indaheaven

and cheers mike, looking better than good

#40 Jim Boags

Jim Boags

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationWoodford QLD Australia

Posted 01 January 2015 - 07:38 AM

This is pretty much the way it is, the shot centre can effect the launch angle of the ball but it doesn't really create spin extra spin.

Mike,

I like this idea as it is so close to to what happens in real life and this is why.

Golfers in RL have the opportunity to, for example, hit that high fade. It mightn't come off exactly, or it might. Either way what happens is that you are not real sure what's going to happen when it lands. Who knows how much spin, backwards, sideways or none at all is imparted on the ball which will determine where the ball finely comes to rest.

Well PG is exactly the same, the player is given the opportunity via shot center to play the shot but after the ball is hit there is also a level of unpredictability that lies in the shot. And probably, the poorer the shot played the greater the level of unpredictability will have to be endured.

We might find players getting to know where (on the swing meter) they can impart spin and where they cannot, and they will have to account for that in there yardages.

I'm a firm believer that you guys are on the right track here. To make it as life like as possible, and to cut out the low scores,  I think there needs to be that 'live like' unpredictable response to a shot.

Jim Boags

• IanD likes this

* Asus SABERTOOTH-Z97-Mark1/4 x DDR3/2 x PCI-E

* Intel BX80646174790 I7-4790,3.60GHZ,4Cores,8MB CACHE Processor

* Samsung 500 GB SSD 840 EVO SATA III 6Gbs 

* Asus STRIX-GTX 970-DC2OC-4GD5  graphics card

* Corsair 16GB (2x8's) DDR3 1600 MHz Vengeance Pro Series

* Corsair Hydro Series H 105 Liquid CPU cooler

* Corsair AX860i ATX Power Supply

* LG 29UB65-P 29in AH-IPS, 2560x1080 resolution monitor

* Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit

0 user(s) are reading this topic