#41 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 10:06 AM

Hello Andrew,
Will it be possible to choose the type of ball that we use? When we begin to play PG we might like to choose a ball that is harder and therefore produces less spin. As we get more proficient and need to have more control over the shape and spin of our shots we might prefer a softer ball, as in real life.
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#42 ☠InDaSkies☠

☠InDaSkies☠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • LocationCedar Lake Indiana

Posted 01 January 2015 - 12:07 PM

Much appreciated Jimmy.  Hoping to get my hands on this bad boy next month. 

Looks like you have a killer rig there.  Built a PC a couple months ago with a Rampage V Extreme motherboard.  How has your experience been with the Rampage III?

Thank you. I haven't had any problems with it. When I build my next one I'll prob go with the latest Rampage.

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit.
Silverstone ST1500 1500W ATX
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Editon
4x Kingston Digital HyperX Fury 240GB SSD Sata III HD's In Raid 0
1 TB HD for storage
Asus Rog Maximus VIII Extreme/Assembly Motherboard
4x16GB Corsair Dominator Series Memory
Intel Core i7 6700K 4.700.0 MHz Overlocked Quad Core Skylake Desktop Processor, Socket LGA 1151
Zalman Reserator XT External Water Cooling System GPU & CPU
1x LG WH10LS30 Blu-ray Burner
1x LG GGW-H20L Blu-Ray Player
HP ZR 30" Monitor 2560x1600 Resolution

#43 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 January 2015 - 05:10 PM

Hello Andrew,
Will it be possible to choose the type of ball that we use? When we begin to play PG we might like to choose a ball that is harder and therefore produces less spin. As we get more proficient and need to have more control over the shape and spin of our shots we might prefer a softer ball, as in real life.

Yes this type of equipment flexibility is part of our design plan.  Sure, it wont be there for Early Access but these continuous improvements will be rolled out over time along with things like tournaments etc.

• IanK likes this

#44 dedBuNNy

dedBuNNy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 01 January 2015 - 06:17 PM

This is pretty much the way it is, the shot centre can effect the launch angle of the ball but it doesn't really create spin extra spin.

That's cool, glad to hear that part. Just cuz i move the back way back to get a nice floaty shot I may not want loads of spin on it.

That's part of the problem with 'that other' game, you drop the dot down to get under the ball, but that's how they determine backspin so if you do that with a wedge you'll pull the ball like 30ft backwards. Not realistic in the sense that you can't set the shot up the way you'd like. 

M Swing  //   N Assists

#45 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 05:33 PM

You certainly couldn't accuse TGC of being like lawn darts. It's almost impossible to stop the ball on the green on their latest two courses.

My fault for not being more clear:  On the shots around the green is what I'm referring to.

Everyone just dials in the "easy to hit perfect" flop shot and uses the lawn dart grid to fine tune a perfect shot.  (silly)

#46 Bruce R

Bruce R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 02:27 AM

To me the bounce of the ball looked a bit unnatural in all those video's. Don't know which level of play your at, but hoping we don't see some kiddy arcade scores around -23 or 24 under as was the case with TWO, reason I ask is you made it look very easy to get a bird, basically putting even from a distance putting looked easy, I have played top level golf with TW for years and their has never been a grid at that level to assist with putting on the green.

Is their a colledge of such were one can go and learn the basics of the game before jumping into the deep end. or is it just Practice mode were one can refine their skills. Lets hope the learning phase is nothing like that God aweful game of EA's.

CGX Bruce R

#47 vainte

vainte

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 06:51 AM

I noticed something at around 3.11 in the first stormy weather video.

The golfer ani has maybe a 1 foot putt, but takes an enormous backswing. In real life a good putters backswing would be maybe 10% of what the ani's was.

Only mentioning It because no one else in this thread has, no worries If it's been discussed and dealt with elsewhere.

#48 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 06 January 2015 - 08:42 PM

I noticed something at around 3.11 in the first stormy weather video.

The golfer ani has maybe a 1 foot putt, but takes an enormous backswing. In real life a good putters backswing would be maybe 10% of what the ani's was.

Only mentioning It because no one else in this thread has, no worries If it's been discussed and dealt with elsewhere.

V,

The animation is very early in it's development so has quite a bit 'wrong' with it, but this is all going to be looked at in time. I guess this is why you haven't seen much posted about it, as the testers are aware of the animations shortcomings, in that it has been included in the builds a lot sooner than was intended, just to appease some of us, lol.

;)

#49 vainte

vainte

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 09:56 PM

Thanks Daz.

Looking forward to the steam beta.

#50 J.H.Buchanan

J.H.Buchanan

PG Ameteur Titleist Golf Balls

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationMiami Beach, Florida

Posted 08 January 2015 - 06:47 PM

They should have a career mode where if your playing in this weather it shows you getting hit by lightning and your either out for a few months or there is a funeral if you do get hit which could be factored in according to the storms location intensity the height of your swing how tall your caddie is if your near water and ball flight 

Little known fact when King Arthur was trying to make a golf course and he ran into some conflict. King Arthur: There's a peace only to be found on the other side of war. If that war should come I will fight it!    Other important fact. Read the Book of John in the Holy Bible. 

#51 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 08:59 PM

Say what?
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#52 aftrshok99

aftrshok99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • LocationSoutheast Missouri

Posted 13 January 2015 - 12:59 PM

They should have a career mode where if your playing in this weather it shows you getting hit by lightning and your either out for a few months or there is a funeral if you do get hit which could be factored in according to the storms location intensity the height of your swing how tall your caddie is if your near water and ball flight 

Say what?

LMAO!!!!!  :D

Courses Created with Course Forge:

Bellerive CC

Fishers Island

Forest Hills CC - WIP

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users