Photo

Forum Recorded Exhibition Tournament (FRET)

Call for nominations

• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

#21 AlanR54NC

AlanR54NC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina, USA

Posted 21 December 2016 - 04:50 PM

Test Round added to Mega Site: alanr54nc

Enjoy

Intel Core2 Duo E6750

4GB Ram

Win 7 64 bit

ATI  Radeon 5700

#22 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 21 December 2016 - 05:44 PM

alanr54nc,

Played your round last night (twice) at Pro level - I lost twice by 1.  I'll post one of the Pro rounds tonight.

I think I'm also going to post the same course and conditions at Tour Pro, as I think I want play at this level for competitive balance.

JMK59

Ted,

Playing against a recorded round, and recording said round produces a recording of my round only (not two players).

Did I miss something, or can I not record the full 1v1 match.

john

#23 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts
  • LocationWest End, Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Posted 21 December 2016 - 09:06 PM

Ted,

Playing against a recorded round, and recording said round produces a recording of my round only (not two players).

Did I miss something, or can I not record the full 1v1 match.

john

That seems to be the case John. It would be a good future innovation to have more than one recorded player.

This thread nearly slipped off the front page and into oblivion. If guys use the MEGA account for loading and playing recordings that's just as good for me as a comp for a while. Maybe the interest will pick up as people discover the fun of PvRP. I'll get some more rounds done over the weekend.

#24 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 22 December 2016 - 12:27 AM

Uploaded a round at Kissing Tree (pro level). I'll send a Tour Pro round later.

#25 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 22 December 2016 - 12:40 AM

I need a Philadelphia lawyer to explain to me how to take part in this!  :o

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#26 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 22 December 2016 - 01:42 AM

JCat04,

Right now we are each playing recording rounds at Kissing Tree (uploading to MEGA) and playing each others rounds to gage what level (my self anyway) we want to play at when the "real Tournament" starts.  Personally, i think I want to move up to Tour Pro for this.

We need an 8th player to pair-up 1v1 - want to join the group?  If you do, download one of the rounds and play agianst/record, then upload to MEGA.  Let Ted Ball know you want to play, at what level, and your favorite (best) course.

JMK59

#27 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 22 December 2016 - 01:46 AM

JCat04,

Right now we are each playing recording rounds at Kissing Tree (uploading to MEGA) and playing each others rounds to gage what level (my self anyway) we want to play at when the "real Tournament" starts.  Personally, i think I want to move up to Tour Pro for this.

We need an 8th player to pair-up 1v1 - want to join the group?  If you do, download one of the rounds and play agianst/record, then upload to MEGA.  Let Ted Ball know you want to play, at what level, and your favorite (best) course.

JMK59

I'll see if I can't do it JMK59... muchos thankos, but I may have to tap you on the shoulder for help here later  ^_^

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#28 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 22 December 2016 - 02:01 AM

Any time JCat04.

JMK59

#29 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 02:46 AM

Hi JCat.

We are a group of Philadelphia lawyers who gather on a Wednesday for golf and general debauchery after we have been called to the bar at the 19th. 

More truthfully, I am trying to garner some interest in a recorded round competition. Personally, I need motivation to play JNPG and the only way I can do that is by playing against another person - even if they are just a recorded version.

The first post outlines an idea for a competition to replicate a four round professional tournament - two rounds against the same opponent and then pairings based on your position on the leaderboard for the last two rounds. Nothing serious but simply an exhibition to see if it could work and provide some fun.

The competition won't be starting until there are a few more starters. I'm prepared to wait. I have no idea if the others are but until the numbers are here there is no need to worry about the detail.

All swing types and levels can play. I just ask that people play at the level they would normally play at OGT or solo if the comp gets up and running. The tournament format means the players shooting lowest scores (or similar scores) would eventually pair up for the final rounds.

In the meantime, the Mega.nz account can be used to upload and download recorded rounds to play against others as a trial. Look at it as Pro-am rounds. I'll be uploading some rounds from Medinah and other courses over the weekend.

#30 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 22 December 2016 - 02:47 AM

JCat04

Tour Pro

Royal Porthcawl

4 rounds

• Ted_Ball likes this

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#31 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 22 December 2016 - 03:42 AM

JCat04,

I uploaded my round at Royal P (tour pro).  Download and play against - it's very adicting.

JMK59

#32 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 04:31 AM

The link to the Login page is here...

LOGIN

Enter this email...

jnpgrecordings@gmail.com

and this password...

driveforshow

PLEASE REMEMBER TO 'LOGOUT ' AFTER YOU HAVE GOT THE FILES (under the "MENU" tab on the far top right) SO THAT OTHERS CAN ACCESS THE FILES.

#33 Armand

Armand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 22 December 2016 - 06:32 AM

Just curious how you are finding the start-up times for PG...  I had 19 recorded rounds in the recorded rounds folder, and PG was taking quite a while to load PG.  Moving all but 3 to sub-folder, the game starts much faster.  Any similar experiences?

#34 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 09:05 AM

Chicago Oaks round uploaded. I played Pro but it's open to any level.

Not enough rounds in my folder yet Armand.

#35 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 11:07 AM

Florida Glades uploaded

#36 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 22 December 2016 - 06:02 PM

My attempt at this last night turned out to be an epic fail.  I successfully got JNK's round at Kissing Tree installed in my saved rounds folder, and commenced the round.  I got to the 14th hole and was called away to execute the marching orders my spouse suddenly dropped in my lap.  I left the game up and as is usually the case, when I leave it up with no activity, the game will freeze and the only way out is to either end the game (if I can navigate to the command... the controller doesn't like it when JNPG is left idle for hours either).

I was able to end the game in this case, and rejoin my in progress round with JMK's recorded round still in queue.  We finished the 18 hole round, but I couldn't get past the final scorecard screen.  This time I had to ctrl-alt-del to get to the task manager and shut down JNPG that way.  I need to check to see if my round recorded or not.  I got to 8 under par, fell back to three under, and finished at -4.  I'll see if I did get a recorded round credited in spite of the way I had to terminate JNPG.

EDIT: I just checked my recorded round folder and my segmented round didn't save, as it shouldn't have.  I'm pretty sure there's a mechanism for preventing a recorded round from being saved, wherein the player has exited and restarted the game.  I think I've committed an unintentional rules violation here  :o

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#37 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 22 December 2016 - 07:46 PM

JCat04,

When playing against a recorded round, and also trying to record yourself at the same time, I've never been able to get a saved/recorded round in my folder.  I don't think this is yet an option.

As for rules violations - these are fun round (for now) to work out these kinds of issues. Don't fret about the small details, enjoy the competition!

JMK59

#38 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 23 December 2016 - 03:17 AM

Ted,

Played agianst your Chicago Oaks - a very competative round. I'm trying out the post-game mechanics, so I've attached a score card.

JMK59[attachment=1186:JMKvTed-Chicago Oaks.jpg]

• Ted_Ball likes this

#39 LLT_Rotator

LLT_Rotator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 10:21 AM

Just uploaded 9 holes at Mistmoor - Pro setting, Realistic greens.

#40 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 12:28 AM

Enjoyable round at Illinois JCat. Similar stats but I couldn't capitalize on opportunies. I'm always happy with an even par round. 

The numbers aren't in for me to run a tournament yet. I think it might take a while to catch on. 

There are quite a few recordings available now at our MEGA.nz page if anyone would like to try it out. There's no need to join the tournament entry - just play rounds and upload your own recordings for others to play. Use it as your recording data base and the rounds will stay there.

LOGIN               user    jnpgrecordings@gmail.com       password   driveforshow           LOGOUT when you're finished

The thing I'm liking is that I can play at my level - which is Pro - against JCat at Tour Pro and have a competitive match. You can forget about anyone's levels and just get out there and play golf.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users