#41 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 19 January 2017 - 07:30 PM

Saddened to see that he did not pull through.

As mentioned before, I appreciated his efforts at Links Corner to get new courses up for download quickly; I'll always appreciate how he seemingly dropped whatever he was doing to do us designers a favor.

With that, I feel reminded that I should appreciate all the admins on all these golf sim sites across the universe wherever they may be in the world - it takes a hell of a lot of bandwidth and invested time (and some money) to get these running and keep them running and to host all these hordes of giant course files, put up with the number of downloads, fix and maintain, move files over from dropbox to hosted links, whatever.... Jerry was part of that and I thank him for it, and I thank everyone else who does it too.... you guys are never taken for granted.

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#42 Keith

Keith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 19 January 2017 - 09:15 PM

Been out of the loop for awhile due to relocating and very sad to return and see this news.  Jerry has been a presence in virtual golf for as long as I can remember.  His kindness, generosity, and overall jovial spirit will be missed.  RIP.

#43 NateDogg

NateDogg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationBrant Lake, NY

Posted 21 January 2017 - 02:54 AM

This is very sad news. Jerry was one of the nicest people I've ever met online. He is in a better place now. RIP Jerry - you will be sincerely missed by all of us!

It takes a lot of balls to golf like I do!

#44 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 21 January 2017 - 04:08 AM

It is indeed sad to read of Jerry's passing.  He added a lot to the world of cyber golf, and really, the world in general.  I always admired and appreciated his enthusiasm and his willingness to help others.  Jerry, you will be missed, but you will not be forgotten... I'm sure if you could you'd tell us that you're much better off today than you were when you were on this plane, but that doesn't keep us from missing you!

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#45 highfade

highfade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 21 January 2017 - 07:01 AM

RIP Jerry.  I remember his avatar as long as I've played PC golf.

Intel Core i5-6600 CPU 3.3 GHz       Geforce GTX 1060        16GB  RAM       Windows 10 64 bit

Hazyview  (600m above sea level)    --   Nautilus Bay  (Revamp done)  --  Cape Fear  (TGC  adaptation)  --  Aloe Ridge  --  Nahoon Reef GC  --  Chambers Bay 

Abel's Crossing  --  Solitude Links GC

#46 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 11:11 AM

He's now on a tier many of us will never reach... very sad to hear the news, and may you swing forever and play those fairways well, my friend..!

• Stephen Sullivan likes this

#47 Drgnslyr221

Drgnslyr221

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • LocationLakewood, CO

Posted 21 January 2017 - 08:31 PM

Never met Jerry, but He was an icon of the links community and his contributions can't be overstated. Never heard nary a bad word about the man. I hope his family can find comfort in this time of sadness. Thank you, Jerry for your contributions to our community and may you rest in peace.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users