#181 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 11 February 2017 - 07:22 PM

We'd probably have to change the real course names.

I'm not really sure what the beef is here.... are people not happy with the standard of the courses?

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#182 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 07:34 PM

I'm not really sure what the beef is here.... are people not happy with the standard of the courses?

Where does this come from Matthew.

PC specs...

Intel core I7 9700k 3.6 GHZ-Turbo 4.9 GHZ
64 GB Corsair vengeance  LPX DDR4 2400 MHZ
Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Nvidea GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
X box 360 wired controller
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

#183 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 07:37 PM

Where does this come from Matthew.

Agree - Also confused..

What did you mean by that Matthew?

#184 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 11 February 2017 - 08:47 PM

This conversation has nothing to do with the quality of the course. It's simply about the legal issues/risks of PP or anyone else hosting these recreations.

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#185 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 11 February 2017 - 09:22 PM

You fail to understand the essence of a community game and would like things to be controlled and limited in a way that people used to complain about. We give people freedom to create their own courses and setup their own tours and that makes us bad guys? Time to take that chip off your shoulder and stop posting nonsense.

total wrong I do understand the word community, along with it's use in all kinds of ways.

don't work with me must be the foil hat is doing some good after all.

and BTW I never said you guys where bad about anything. just saying you folks need to do something to get this thing together better and make it more user friendly. I would hate to be a new guy coming to this game with the way things are spread out I would more then likely just give up,and I'm sure there are some that do.

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#186 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 11 February 2017 - 09:35 PM

Sorry, those two things aren't related - I was kind of hitting two subjects at once.

I saw something about OGT having "mostly crap" and negatively comparing it to TGC or something to that effect, and it led me to believe perhaps people weren't satisfied with the overall standard.

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#187 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 09:47 PM

While I very much enjoy PG and the ecosystem building around it, I also totally understand the viewpoint that @davefv92c is expressing above.

I'm really hoping all aspects of the PG experience can be tightened up and more cohesively integrated down the line, perhaps with the w10/XB version of the game.

The experience is unquestionably a touch off putting and somewhat mystifying to new users at this time.

With GUI oddities, where/how/what to do with 3rd party courses or just the myriad of small niggles and bugs that persist...it can be a rough go if one is totally new to PG at this time.

Please understand that I love the game, but I'm trying to keep it real here with fully objective thoughts from how it can appear from a newer or simply less technically inclinded users perspective.

#188 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 10:44 PM

total wrong I do understand the word community, along with it's use in all kinds of ways.

don't work with me must be the foil hat is doing some good after all.

and BTW I never said you guys where bad about anything. just saying you folks need to do something to get this thing together better and make it more user friendly. I would hate to be a new guy coming to this game with the way things are spread out I would more then likely just give up,and I'm sure there are some that do.

Guess you didn't post this about someone from OGT in another thread then?

"another reason this game should not be spread from site to site, you f**ks are as bad as the snowflakes in other words f**k off. that will also be what holds this game back, who the hell wants to have to go to 2 maybe 3 sites to buy a course or get a free one and have to return 3 or 4 more time to get the finished product to much wasted time"

Very eloquent and well thought out.....

We chose to do it the way we have for a reason and we allow people to create courses and host tournaments and course downloads without being dictated to. I understand that in this 'apple generation' age this may be a somewhat alien concept but it's the way we believe is best. Perhaps we should rethink this strategy for the next version of the game but my feeling is that you would be back complaining about something else.

#189 tanman05851

tanman05851

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationNorthEast Kingdom,Republic of Vermont

Posted 11 February 2017 - 11:32 PM

My 2 cents....The alternative could be Like TWO or Tiger Woods for the consoles where there were no user designed courses and add on courses were DLC.I really don't see what the big deal is about following some hyperlinks-we are using computers after all.

I also dabble with MLB the show.Should be easy as pie since it's a console Triple A game right?No-actually I've got 3 different forums bookmarked just so I can figure out the 98 percent that the manual doesn't cover.

Windows 10 Pro -Intel 8th Gen Core i5-8400 Processor-ASRock Z370 Extreme4 Motherboard-Corsair DDR4 2666 MHZ(16GB)

Asus Geforce GTX 1060 6 GB Turbo Edition-Dell S3220DGF-3C-Logitech G502

Finally found a competitive AI "Phil Mucklebot" Aggressive Pro 3,3,3,3,3,5

#190 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 12:16 AM

to be honest DLC would be a good idea, look i don't mind a bit to pay to play a course and have a course I want. I'm not here looking to play anything for free like so many are and bitch and moaning when anyone says anything about money.

I'm looking for a faster way of being able to spend my time playing and not going from site to site to get a round in on a new course.

Mike addressing you any further is a waste of my time so I won't

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

Klipsch Sound System

#191 Sup?

Sup?

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 12:20 AM

What the hell Dave?  Why all the hate?  BTW, I totally appreciate everything that goes on with this golf game.  From the designer's that spend countless hours getting stuff right and to OGT, who IMO has done more for this game than anything else... other than the devs.  Not even kissing arse here, I have expressed my distaste for things that I thought were going the wrong direction in the past. 

#192 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 12:38 AM

my problem is not with OGT.

it is with the process PP has given us to play their game. has been since the first time I had to go to an offsite to download a course.

look at it this way here it is 2017 and we are playing a new golf title the same way people are still playing TW08 which lost support years ago,and I do believe the Links is done the same but not sure since I did not spend any time on that game. to going through all these changes with a new game is a PITA. I always thought things where to progress and not regress.

Klipsch Sound System

#193 Affo

Affo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationSouth Coast, UK

Posted 12 February 2017 - 01:05 AM

Hmmm, maybe time for a lock down on this?

Decision has been made for whatever reasons. It is a shame, I enjoyed playing OGT events and even ran one of the Tours for a while. If Vance changes his mind, i'm sure he'll notify us.

He has said (or Hoganwoods did) that they are hoping to keep the course download part available which is very kind. I believe that means there are 3 such avenues to continue getting the fine courses coming out. Are they all fabulous? No, but kudos for everyone making an attempt, should they be "rubber" stamped...I don't care, i'll play and make up my on mind.

Until OGT reverses their decision (if that happens), try PGLS, I play there too. It is/was  nice having both camps to play in, but if one shuts, we all have somewhere to play organised events.

PP have decided their course for the development of the game, they started their journey and put the money and time into it, if people don't like that avenue..stop playing the game and let the rest of us enjoying the experience continue!

Now, perhaps all the hate/dislike floating around and finger pointing can stop and we wait for the next update and hopefully a Career mode...then you won't need a Tour site if you don't want to or don't like them or the way they do things.

In the meantime, thanks OGT for what has been (be nice if it continues....) and i'll play at PGLS, happy there's still an option.

• Harald, scoops100, JoeBradley and 3 others like this

https://www.youtube....NUPOrdgs0U6nODQ

http://affo1.emyspot.com/ for JNPG stats from OGT and PGLS

MSI Apache Pro GE62 2QF, i7 5700HQ, 16GB DDR, GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5, 1 TB HDD 7200rpm, 128GB SSD

Intel i7-8700 CPU @ 3.2GHz, 16GB DDR, GTX 1060 6GB

#194 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 12 February 2017 - 01:24 AM

The hate that is going around I just don't get. We had a place OGT that put events up and gave us a place to download courses and it upset a few and they made life miserable for OGT and they did what they had to do. We have designers who put in countless hours on these great courses and a few bugs show up after testing and a few people go nuts again. There is no pleasing some it seems and that is a damn shame. To OGT I have donated before and will again but if it's over thanks to all of you over there for all your hard work as it was much appreciated. For the designers I want you thank everyone of you again for all your work and for giving us all these great courses. For PP thank you for a great game and yes there are still a few minor glitches but no video golf game has ever been better. I will keep playing OGT TILL the end and will also play PGLS now and in the future and I will always be thankful I have played this game and still without doubt the best 20 bucks I ever spent.
  • Fairwayman, Crow357, scoops100 and 5 others like this

#195 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 12 February 2017 - 02:02 AM

a few bugs show up after testing and a few people go nuts again. There is no pleasing some it seems and that is a damn shame.

Who are these few people that have gone 'nuts again'?

I've only seen one poster that I would consider has posted anything close to 'nuts' on this forum recently.  Posts like this just exacerbate the situation. I have seen you making countless posts recently about being far from pleased with the current state of the putting on PG, but I guess you exclude yourself from the 'some' of whom there is no pleasing if elements of the game appear that you dislike. We are all different. We are all upset by different things and we all have different needs. Just because they don't tally with yours doesn't mean they aren't important to someone else.

• IanD likes this
life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#196 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 02:02 AM

I feel like I'm reading a different thread than some.

What is the "hate" (strong word to choose honestly) being implied?

It feels like mostly disappointment that OGT is hanging it up...and maybe some hesitations about the OGT forced logo splash screen thing (which they should reverse course on I think).

I guess I just don't see the hate being referenced?
  • IanD likes this

#197 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 12 February 2017 - 02:28 AM

Who are these few people that have gone 'nuts again'?
I've only seen one poster that I would consider has posted anything close to 'nuts' on this forum recently.  Posts like this just exacerbate the situation. I have seen you making countless posts recently about being far from pleased with the current state of the putting on PG, but I guess you exclude yourself from the 'some' of whom there is no pleasing if elements of the game appear that you dislike. We are all different. We are all upset by different things and we all have different needs. Just because they don't tally with yours doesn't mean they aren't important to someone else.

Yes I am not happy about the lipouts but the talk in that thread was constructive to what the issues are. Who are you kidding there are a grout of people here that Pissed and moan about everything and a few that change their name every damn day to start another posting match. Is this game perfect no but is it good yes and maybe if you read some of my posts in the putting thread you would see I am always looking for input and ways to make the game better.

#198 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 09:15 AM

Thread cleaned - If Zmax has further news I'm sure he will let us know but I'm not letting this thread go any any longer as the usual suspects have arrived and are now trolling the thread for their own amusement.

• Arsam, Fairwayman, Tresclub and 4 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users