Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 18 January 2017 - 09:09 PM

Ted,

I keep thinking of these little details - but this one is improtant:

"At the end of the round where you are playing your partner's recorded round - TAKE A SNAPHOT (F12) OF THE FINAL SCORE!

This might be the only way to remember 8 different scores.  It'll show both players scores, and the course name."

Also...your PM box is full.

JMK

#42 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts
  • LocationWest End, Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Posted 18 January 2017 - 09:14 PM

Great work

PM box clear

#43 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 09:23 PM

I'm off to work soon so I'll have plenty of time to tidy things up. And both bosses are on holiday. Those assistants (sex gender not-specified) better bring my coffee today or else.

#44 remers

remers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 09:44 PM

Count me in Ted. As my game has dropped off a cliff recently, I might make a suitable partner for Armand (if he'll have me :). If not I'll gladly drag some one else down to my level.
  • Ted_Ball likes this

System Spec
---------------------
Win10 / Core i7 - 4820k 3.7Ghz / 16GB Ram / GeForce GTX780 / Corsair M95 Wired Mouse / Asus PB287Q 28in 4k Monitor

#45 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 18 January 2017 - 09:46 PM

Remers,

What level and rough score do you play?

JMK

#46 JoeSmith

JoeSmith

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 10:11 PM

I'm in.  I play Pro and average about 4 to 5 under.  I can switch to TourPro if needed.  My steam game player name is ILCivEng.

Joe

• Ted_Ball likes this

#47 remers

remers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 10:18 PM

I used to play TP badly, dropped to Pro and really struggled there and now I'm struggling at AM 😊. On a good day I might shoot a few over par and on a bad day I can drop shots on every hole so good luck to whoever fancies carrying me around.

System Spec
---------------------
Win10 / Core i7 - 4820k 3.7Ghz / 16GB Ram / GeForce GTX780 / Corsair M95 Wired Mouse / Asus PB287Q 28in 4k Monitor

#48 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 18 January 2017 - 10:27 PM

Hi Joe & Remers.

When Ted gets back on, I think he'll suggest the the two of you partner-up, maybe Joe in Flight A and Remers in B?

Joe,

I play TourPro and average about the same (-3 to -4).  Play at the level your comfortable (both of you).

"At the end of the round where you are playing your partner's recorded round - TAKE A SNAPHOT (F12) OF THE FINAL SCORE!  This might be the only way to remember 8 different scores.  It'll show both players scores, and the course name."

I created a folder for ILCivEng & Remers on the MEGA site (see page 1of FRET_II).

Recorded rounds and score cards can be dragged directly from your hard drive's folder, onto the MEGA folder, and it will upload (instead of browsing for the file).

JMK59 (MdME&AEEng)

#49 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 10:57 PM

Thanks for joining Joe and Remers.

Yes, you'll be in a team together. Worked out perfectly level-wise.

Keep reading JMK's excellent instructions. I'm working on the full instructions now and they'll be up in the opening posts soon.

#50 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 12:23 AM

To clear some things up..

Rounds and courses can be played in any order for the first four rounds.

Post your scores or screenshots of the round or rounds where you play together in this thread. There will be two scorecards at each venue so you can either just post the scorecard with best combined scores or you can post each one as you play them. I'll adjust the leaderboards accordingly. 

#51 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 19 January 2017 - 12:49 AM

Well my trusty caddie Leonard and I went and played a few holes at Torrey Pines this evening and then hit a couple of buckets of balls at the range to tune up for our first round tomorrow at the fabled seaside course and with the slight hook I developed this afternoon we are a little shaky but we vow that a few Captain and Coke this evening before bed a we will be ready to take on the beast.  This course has been a thorn in my side as its tight and long and tough to get a lot of balls close and the par 5's are tough to play.  I intend to play my first two courses before I leave for the beach Friday which leads me to ask when must we have all our rounds completed as we are also commited to playing other venues around the world and we do have to make a living at this.  Lol.  Just curious and let the games begin.

• Ted_Ball likes this

#52 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 19 January 2017 - 01:00 AM

G,

I think we're up to six teams now (if JC and Armand are in).  I would think when each team posts a " Team Ian & G ready - Rnd1", then the scoreboard would be updated.  If some teams need or want more time, no problem - just like FRET_I.  While the other teams are waiting, they can play ahead to Round2 or even 3.  There's really not a wait period, unless you play all of your rounds tonight.

JMK

#53 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 01:03 AM

Let the rounds roll in when they happen G....

I don't like to push highly-strung professionals too hard.

I'll put the calendar on any teams that are getting tardy towards the back end of the tournament.

#54 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 01:07 AM

Joe - play at Pro. It'll be more fun for you (especially at those courses). 

I'll put you on the leaderboard as Joe Smith if that's OK. 

• JoeSmith likes this

#55 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 01:16 AM

Leaderboards are up on Post #2. 

Let's fill 'em in.

Strewth, I'm looking forward to playing some golf.

Oh...and there's still time for anybody else to join in.

Cheers

#56 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 19 January 2017 - 04:17 AM

Any of the FRET_II participants that do a practice run at Pebble Beach, can we help out the designer (Matthew Rose).

Turn on mulligans in the set-up, and see if it's "blacked / greyed out" if you try to use during the practice round.  Ocean side holes in particular - make a mental note of the hole and circumstance.  Thanks.

JMK59

#57 JoeSmith

JoeSmith

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 06:50 AM

Joe - play at Pro. It'll be more fun for you (especially at those courses). 

I'll put you on the leaderboard as Joe Smith if that's OK. 

OK with me.  I'll clone a player in Steam with my name.

#58 samterrence

samterrence

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationWest Yorkshire

Posted 19 January 2017 - 11:19 AM

1st round Torrey Pines posted Ted good luck

• Ted_Ball likes this

#59 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 02:09 PM

Well I am glad somebody can play Torrey Pines because this has happened twice in a row now.  I make a putt on number 16 and the flag appears in the hole when it goes in and the next screen is there with me holding a chipping iron to chip.  At first I tried it and it comes out about two feet and I knock it in and the same flag appears again and I am chipping again.  I have played this round twice to be stopped at hole 16 at each time and I cant F12 and take a snap shot either and I have my Steam Overlay on but F12 still wont work and I have tried two keyboards.  Frustrating and I am going to reinstall the course as it is the correct one and see if that helps but other than that I have no idea what to do.  Any suggestions on this.

#60 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 03:16 PM

Ian I have loaded the recorded round for Pacific Dunes in the file its pdunes-gboro.  Good luck and hit them straight partner.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users