375 replies to this topic

#61 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 06:29 PM

Ok... seems I missed a busy 24hr period...!

Thanks for the info... still reading it all to fully understand and aim to avoid any rookie issues this time!

#62 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 06:41 PM

Ian I have loaded the recorded round for Pacific Dunes in the file its pdunes-gboro.  Good luck and hit them straight partner.

Okay... I'm struggling to find this....

I'm also a little confused by how to play this too..... there are 4 courses, but one is for the final round, so we play two....but there are three..? Why is there three?

#63 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 06:44 PM

Ian I take it you will be joining so let me know which two course you want to record and I will do the other two. I will let you know that Pebble Beach has been having me for lunch but I have been strong at Pacific Dunes. Looking forward to it and let's get it going.

Okay... so this post also confuses me lol... we are playing all four courses..?

#64 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 19 January 2017 - 07:07 PM

Ian we will play all four courses and record all four. You record one round at each course and I will do the same and then we play each other's so in turn we are playing a total of eight rounds and take the best of the two scores at each course. The file is in the FRET 2 file withat IanD/GBoro folder. You can play each course in any order.

#65 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 07:19 PM

Aah... I think I follow that... the first post said we play two each... I thnk Ted is using the mind control instructions again... I blame him ya'know.. I mean... who is he really..?

As for that uploaded round... not showing for me... this is what i see.. ;

fret2.jpg

#66 StoneComet

StoneComet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 19 January 2017 - 08:11 PM

IanD,

I do not see it either. I even went through the other folders. Maybe G thought it uploaded but it did not. That or there is an odd MEGA account out there with a new file. I thought maybe he left it in another folder by mistake. Almost forgot to log out.

SC  :)

- We would be wise to remember that extremism is the real enemy and to keep ourselves aware so as not to become extreme ourselves; otherwise the enemy wins. -

#67 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts
  • LocationWest End, Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Posted 19 January 2017 - 08:28 PM

OK

I have now put Greensboronclion's file in the folder IanD & Greensboronclion within the FRET II main folder. I have renamed it Greens_PacificDunes.rnd

Please put your .rnd files in your teams's folder.

At each venue the two player's from each team record a round and place it in your team's folder.

The players then download their team mate's recording and play the round.

When each player has played against a recording take a screenshot (F12) or write down the score.

So that means - at each venue - the players on the team will have played two rounds. One solo, one against the recording.

Select each player's best score from those two rounds and post the scores here.

The combined score for each venue are your team's total score and is entered on the leaderboard.

The reason there are two rounds played by each player at each venue is so you get to play against a recording and also to be able to discard a shocker round. Your best round might be your solo or your partnered round. It doesn't matter.

I am a real person and my name is Job

• IanD likes this

#68 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 19 January 2017 - 08:55 PM

Hi guys,

You can blame me for the confusing instructions.  Simple ideas on paper aren't always simple to explain when engineers are involved.

The tournament is setup like the Pebble Beach AT&T Pro/AM :

Four course in the rotation, golfers divided among the four then rotating until all four are played.  Final is at Pebble.  The two rounds at each course (throw one out) is to lessen the "shock effect" of the a**hole who scores a super low round out-of-the-gate, or the back marker that shoots a 120.  Keeping track of your scorecards should be the difficult part.  Enjoy the beautiful PG renditions.

JMK59

#69 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 19 January 2017 - 08:58 PM

OK

I have now put Greensboronclion's file in the folder IanD & Greensboronclion within the FRET II main folder. I have renamed it Greens_PacificDunes.rnd

Please put your .rnd files in your teams's folder.

At each venue the two player's from each team record a round and place it in your team's folder.
The players then download their team mate's recording and play the round.
When each player has played against a recording take a screenshot (F12) or write down the score.
So that means - at each venue - the players on the team will have played two rounds. One solo, one against the recording.
Select each player's best score from those two rounds and post the scores here.
The combined score for each venue are your team's total score and is entered on the leaderboard.

The reason there are two rounds played by each player at each venue is so you get to play against a recording and also to be able to discard a shocker round. Your best round might be your solo or your partnered round. It doesn't matter.

I am a real person and my name is Job

Ted I swear I put it in our folder but as usual I must have screwed up somewhere. Lol.

#70 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 09:14 PM

You're doing great G.

#71 remers

remers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 09:46 PM

First round in pairs completed and what a great one Joe.  I didn't get close to you but I was delighted to break par myself.  Good start :)

My first round at Cyprus Point is in the folder now too.

System Spec
---------------------
Win10 / Core i7 - 4820k 3.7Ghz / 16GB Ram / GeForce GTX780 / Corsair M95 Wired Mouse / Asus PB287Q 28in 4k Monitor

#72 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 10:14 PM

Well played gentlemen.

Terry....my Torrey Pines round is in the folder.

#73 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 19 January 2017 - 10:21 PM

Remers, Joe,

As you play rounds, and the scorecards start to pile up, you can drag them to MEGA.  Team JMK & Stone have added sub-folders for each course (if you want to peek).

Ted - is there a storage limit with your MEGA account?

JMK59

#74 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 10:27 PM

I think its 50 gig. Plenty

#75 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 10:56 PM

I know this seems confusing guys but once we get on a roll it'll be fine.

I've put Joe and remers score on the leaderboard to make it look like somethings happening but they both still have the chance to better their individual scores at Pebble Beach when Joe plays against remers' recorded round there. 

It's just a matter of posting the scores or scorecard here if either of them goes lower (gulp). I'll then fix the leaderboard when the best scores are posted.

So everyone just keep posting results and I'll look after updating the boards.

I'm on top of it. No...really!!

#76 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 10:57 PM

LOGIN

Enter this email...

jnpgrecordings@gmail.com

and this password...

driveforshow

#77 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 20 January 2017 - 03:40 AM

Wow - all is quiet tonight.  Everyone must be playing.

Ted, to keep things going I'll post the round that Stone recorded, and I played, at Pacific Dunes.

JMK59

#78 JoeSmith

JoeSmith

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 03:57 AM

Someone needs to tell me how to paste the scorecard jpg of our combined rounds here.  Ive tried the Ctrl+V and nothing appears.  Right now it is in our mega folder and named combined cypress.

#79 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 20 January 2017 - 04:05 AM

Joe,

Click on the "More Reply Options" button (lower right).  An attach file option will show up.  Click on it and browse to the file you want (on you hard drive, not MEGA), to upload (similar to an e-mail attachment).  You might want to hold back you secound round until folks finish the first roumd - we're very informal here.

Also...I left you a PM, and great first round!

JMK59

• JoeSmith likes this

#80 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 04:28 AM

Blimey...I'm learning stuff as well. 

We'll be computer whizzes after all this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users